Author Topic: Ok, do I have the latest version of tutu and tutufix?  (Read 8458 times)

Offline MikeSol

• Planewalker
Ok, do I have the latest version of tutu and tutufix?
« on: March 22, 2006, 02:23:11 PM »
Is tutu v6 and tutufix 16b the latest versions? Is anything new coming any time soon? I ask this because I want to know if I should wait or just start playing the game now. Thanks.

Offline Macready

• Planewalker
    • EasyTutu
Re: Ok, do I have the latest version of tutu and tutufix?
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2006, 03:06:34 PM »
Hello -

Is tutu v6 and tutufix 16b the latest versions? Is anything new coming any time soon? I ask this because I want to know if I should wait or just start playing the game now. Thanks.

Don't use Tutu 6.  Use Tutu 4 / Tutufix 15, or if you have TotSC, Easy Tutu.
EasyTutu: Tutu installation made simple.

Offline MikeSol

• Planewalker
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2006, 07:59:35 PM »
Hello -

Don't use Tutu 6.  Use Tutu 4 / Tutufix 15, or if you have TotSC, Easy Tutu.

Whatever problems Tutu 6 introduces, they all pale in comparison to the mob spawn rate problem of previous versions of the mod.

Offline Macready

• Planewalker
    • EasyTutu
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2006, 09:45:05 PM »
Hello -

Whatever problems Tutu 6 introduces, they all pale in comparison to the mob spawn rate problem of previous versions of the mod.

That's what you think.  Anyway, that won't be a problem much longer.

Offline MikeSol

• Planewalker
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2006, 02:02:18 PM »
That's what you think.  Anyway, that won't be a problem much longer.

Ok, what is wrong with Tutu 6 that is worse then the monster spawning problem?

As far as your link goes - that is pretty interesting. Do you have any idea when it will be released because now I am wondering if I should just wait for the new version of EasyTutu. Sorry for the questions but you got me interested.  :P

Offline Macready

• Planewalker
    • EasyTutu
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2006, 02:36:16 PM »
Hello -

Ok, what is wrong with Tutu 6 that is worse then the monster spawning problem?

It's an unfinished beta that, in its current state, is broken in a variety of significant ways.  It should only be used by testers, not by those looking for an actual game.

As far as your link goes - that is pretty interesting. Do you have any idea when it will be released because now I am wondering if I should just wait for the new version of EasyTutu. Sorry for the questions but you got me interested.  :P

It's hard to say for sure, because slogging through every single area which has spawn points and then fixing them individually is tedious and immensely time consuming.  Probably another week or two.

Offline MikeSol

• Planewalker
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2006, 08:56:54 PM »
It's an unfinished beta that, in its current state, is broken in a variety of significant ways.  It should only be used by testers, not by those looking for an actual game.

it's hard to say for sure, because slogging through every single area which has spawn points and then fixing them individually is tedious and immensely time consuming.  Probably another week or two.

Well, I did play a good way through Tutu 6 already and the only major problem I ran into was the now well known Beregost crash bug. It fixed the spawn problem which I consider to be *major* so I went with it. But you have convinced me to wait for the next version of EasyTutu so thank you for posting the info and the link.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: