Author Topic: Global variables and dialogues  (Read 2473 times)

Offline KingMick

• Planewalker
  • is woefully new to modding
Global variables and dialogues
« on: March 19, 2006, 12:11:13 AM »
Right now I am working on some banters and interjects for my NPC mod, and I am wondering: is there somewhere that I can find a list of global variables and their uses?  For example, I want to create some banters with Anomen that are dependant on whether he failed his knight test, succeeded his knight test, or has yet to take his knight test--but I have no idea what the name of the variable(s) for those things is.

I am sure other things will crop up as well, and I am wondering not only what the name of the Anomen/Sir Anomen variable is but also if there is a list of variables and their descriptions somewhere?

Offline Ghreyfain

• Planewalker
    • Pocket Plane Group
Re: Global variables and dialogues
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2006, 12:22:46 AM »
I know of no such list or resource, but it's not much trouble to open up his dialogue and script files to check. That way you'll find things that might also have an effect on dialogues you want to implement.
Earn Money Sleeping.

Offline KingMick

• Planewalker
  • is woefully new to modding
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2006, 12:28:01 AM »
To be honest, I'm having a little trouble finding that one in particular.  That was part of the reason I was hoping there was a list.

Offline Ghreyfain

• Planewalker
    • Pocket Plane Group
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2006, 12:34:25 AM »
Ah. I'd assume it's in either AnomenJ, or his script sets something somewhere.  Could also try AnomenP, if he's out of party for any of that sequence of events.  Other than that, I don't know how to help.
Earn Money Sleeping.

Offline Sir_Carnifex

• Planewalker
  • Scourge of Kobolds
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2008, 09:29:46 PM »
I was also wondering about a list of variables until I saw this post.  What I'm looking for is a variable for race.  For instance, if I wanted to make a dialogue option only available to a halfling, where would I find what to insert?  Right now I just have this put in to remind me, although I don't know if it's correct:

IF ~Race(Player1,HALFLING)~

Any help would be appreciated.

In progress - Halbo NPC for BG2, the evil halfling thief, food critic, and party troublemaker

Offline jcompton

• Niche Exploiter
  • Administrator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2008, 09:33:23 PM »
Yes, that's correct, but for a better understanding of why it's correct, you should familiarize yourself with the Race() trigger (and lots of others) by looking at the IESDP, specifically http://iesdp.gibberlings3.net/scripting/bg2triggers.htm .
Cespenar says, "Kelsey and friends be at the Pocket Plane? Ohhh yesssss!" http://www.pocketplane.net

Offline Sir_Carnifex

• Planewalker
  • Scourge of Kobolds
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2008, 05:51:57 PM »
Thanks a lot!  I'll peruse through that sometime.
In progress - Halbo NPC for BG2, the evil halfling thief, food critic, and party troublemaker

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: