Author Topic: Freakin' Cool  (Read 4794 times)

Offline Darius Black

• Planewalker
Freakin' Cool
« on: March 14, 2006, 07:17:26 AM »
This mod sounds really fun - especially the part about the Roenalls. I've always liked that particular quest/storyline in BG2 and wished it had led to something more. I've been lurking here for a while now, but I haven't seen much talk about it. Has it been abandoned? If not, then is there an estimated release date?

I know, I'm impatient... :(

Offline Sephiroth

• Planewalker
Re: Freakin' Cool
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2006, 02:39:43 AM »
Well, thats the thing about mods.  They either teach you patience, or drive you insane.  lol
Knowledge is Power.  Power Corrupts.  Study Hard.  Be Evil.

tamagochi

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2006, 06:57:42 AM »
well... seriously
this mod has been going on for 3 or 4 years already and is still not finished. Maybe it's time to give it a proper burial and go on with life (though it saddens me).

Offline jcompton

• Niche Exploiter
  • Administrator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2006, 11:28:33 AM »
Well, I obviously can't blame anybody for being suspicious, but I do plan to finish this.
Cespenar says, "Kelsey and friends be at the Pocket Plane? Ohhh yesssss!" http://www.pocketplane.net

Offline PsyckoSama

• Planewalker
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2006, 12:40:47 AM »
Well, I obviously can't blame anybody for being suspicious, but I do plan to finish this.

How about a rundown of completed features, some screen shots, some love talk diologues... something to show us this is not totally dead...

And I really hope we get the TOB segment by 2015...

Maybe you should see if any other modders would be willing to help take some slack off your hands. Hell, if I could find "how to" intstructions, I'd be willing to help. Its not like I don't have enough damned free time.

Offline Grim Squeaker

• Fallen
  • Planewalker
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2006, 02:43:26 AM »
Some screenshots would actually be pretty nice.

Edit: Apparently its entirely uncoded so that's not gonna happen.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2006, 12:23:37 PM by Grim Squeaker »
"You alone can make my song take flight..."

Offline Tempest

• Planewalker
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2006, 03:19:09 PM »
Definitely looking forward to this-it always struck me that Black Isle probably meant to do a Nalia romance (like Haer'Dalis and Valygar, who also struck me as probably being intended to have romances) but it got scrapped due to time constraints. Besides, I've always liked Nalia.  ;)
"Insanity: A perfectly sane response to an insane universe"

Offline Grim Squeaker

• Fallen
  • Planewalker
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2006, 03:28:12 PM »
Definitely looking forward to this-it always struck me that Black Isle probably meant to do a Nalia romance (like Haer'Dalis and Valygar, who also struck me as probably being intended to have romances) but it got scrapped due to time constraints. Besides, I've always liked Nalia.  ;)

Well, there are actually remains of the HD and Valygar romances, which would bring the romance totals up to 3 per gender, so I imagine they didn't actually intend one for Nalia, though I could be wrong.

Offline Tempest

• Planewalker
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2006, 05:14:13 PM »
It struck me that they did, or at least an expanded thing with Isea-the "This isn't over by any means!" thing bugged me.

Offline Grim Squeaker

• Fallen
  • Planewalker
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2006, 05:19:55 PM »
It struck me that they did, or at least an expanded thing with Isea-the "This isn't over by any means!" thing bugged me.

Errr... the Roenall's invade the keep later in the stronghold quests.

Offline Tempest

• Planewalker
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2006, 07:15:20 PM »
Yes, but I saw that as just being the keep's part of the thing. Evidently, I was wrong. The only bad thing about this romance mod is that I see no point in an npc I've been toying with (lots of stuff written, well-developed personality, but zero real work) who would romance Nalia. Saves me work I don't know if I'd ever do, I guess. Eagerly awaiting this mod's completion.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: