Author Topic: Because I'm dumb, Finch requires TotSC  (Read 6104 times)

Offline Bons

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • Glad Corvis Isn't Dead Club
Because I'm dumb, Finch requires TotSC
« on: February 25, 2006, 06:17:00 PM »
Until I manage to make a v3, if you're playing Tutu w/o TotSC, you need to do the following:

Create blank files for:

_AR0502.bcs

_ANDRIS.dlg
_APPAR.dlg
_BAYARD.dlg
_CLAIRD.dlg
_FEAR.dlg
_IKE2.dlg

Put these in your Tutu override folder before trying to install Finch. If there are any other TotSC files I've missed, post them in this thread, please.

In order to complete Finch's quest, you'll need to CLUAConsole in an item while playing:

CLUAConsole:CreateItem("sufbook2", 1,0,0)
Newt had always suspected that people who regularly used the word "community" were using it in a very specific sense that excluded him and everyone he knew.

--Neil Gaiman, Terry Pratchett, "Good Omens"

Offline Bons

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
Re: Because I'm dumb, Finch requires TotSC
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2006, 10:09:14 PM »
This should be corrected in Finch v3. If you have problems with v3 or later while playing Tutu w/o TotSC, please post/send me a description of your error.
Newt had always suspected that people who regularly used the word "community" were using it in a very specific sense that excluded him and everyone he knew.

Offline plainab

• Sasha al'Therin
  • Planewalker
    • Infinity Engine Modding
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2007, 06:35:45 PM »
I slightly fall into this category since I don't have totsc and I'm running finch v3 on easytutu.

Just a slight question about the mod.  Did you intentionaly put in a dialog banter with Imoen about honey and worms that when it is finished automatically sends the party to bed?

I don't like being sent to bed when I'm making plans to attack some enemy that must surely be around the corner...

My working mods:
an AI Party Script for BG2 game engine DOWNLOAD LINK ONLY!
Interactive Tweaks for BG series with some IWD support. DOWNLOAD LINK ONLY!
Rest For 8 Hours an IWD mod
-------------------------------------------
My contributions: BG1Fixpack, BG1Tweaks
On Hold: Solestia an NPC for SOA
My website: http://sasha-altherin.webs.com

Offline Bons

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2007, 11:09:46 PM »
Yes, but that one uses the dream script. The player resting the party is supposed to trigger the talk, injecting the banter before the rest commences, i.e. it's not supposed to run when you aren't resting the party anyway. This is the first time I've heard of any problem with the dream banters scripting, so I'll add it to possible changes for v4.

Offline plainab

• Sasha al'Therin
  • Planewalker
    • Infinity Engine Modding
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2007, 05:43:23 PM »
I checked into dlg file to see what was going on after I had posted that message.
After following all of the various dialog lines, I finally got to the action strings and it is RestParty().
I know for a fact that that action will send the party to bed, just as if I had pressed the button.  It does not require any pressing of the button nor any additional scripts.  I didn't see anything that requires a dream script of any type....

My working mods:
an AI Party Script for BG2 game engine DOWNLOAD LINK ONLY!
Interactive Tweaks for BG series with some IWD support. DOWNLOAD LINK ONLY!
Rest For 8 Hours an IWD mod
My contributions: BG1Fixpack, BG1Tweaks
On Hold: Solestia an NPC for SOA
My website: http://sasha-altherin.webs.com

Offline Bons

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2007, 10:11:35 PM »
There is a global variable "SUFinchImoenPrank" in the conditions for that banter that must be set to 1 before it will run. The dream script is what changes that variable from 0 to 1, then has Finch interact with Imoen, triggering the banter. At least, that is what is supposed to happen. I'm wondering if the banter is failing to play off the script when the variable is set because one of the other conditions fails, then it plays inopportunely the next time the banter timer is up.

Offline cmorgan

• Planewalker
  • Searcher of Bugs
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2007, 11:21:41 AM »
We had the same kind of problem in The BG1 NPC Project - it seemed to happen when a banter or Jfile interaction "stacked up", delaying the firing. We repaired it with a complete recode of the project, moving a good deal of the interactions to Jfile and individual triggers, and tightening up the code for the AtRest dialogues - plenty of good copy/past stuff for you, Bons, if you like  :)

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: