Author Topic: A small glitch  (Read 5042 times)

Offline Ashara

• Tired
  • Planewalker
A small glitch
« on: February 15, 2006, 10:24:48 PM »
The moment i took Xan in the party he initiated a dialogue discussing the Shadow thieves vs Bodhi offer and advising me to hang around AThkatla. This probably happened because I picked Xan relatively late after talking to Valen etc, but maybe setting a quick timer in the join-in dialogue and checking that no banters occur before Xan is in the party for a bit would help eliminating this small glitch?

A tiny typo: in the sweres talk Xan says "flack" instead of "flask" I think.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2006, 10:58:45 PM by Ashara »
Hang in there. I'll try to make you glad you did.
—George R.R. Martin

There is nothing better than imagining other worlds [...] to forget the painful one we live in. At least so I thought then. I hadn't yet realized that, imagining other worlds, you end up changing this one.
-Umberto Eco, Baudolino

Three mods you shall make - one too bad and one to dread and one to love.

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • The perfect moment is now.
Re: A small glitch
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2006, 01:03:19 AM »
Thanks! (Wow! First typo...)

It might go on a 100-sec timer, like the others. I can't say for sure, though, since it only may happen in a very short period of time - after Valen appears, and before one of the offers is accepted - and, according to polls, NPCs are rarely accepted into the party at this particular time.

Offline Ashara

• Tired
  • Planewalker
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2006, 12:42:49 PM »
A couple more quick and tiny notes.

-in one of the talks Xan reffers to PC's mother as "biological" mother. While it might be useful in regards to PC's father (Gorion vs Bhaal), I don't think that PC ever had a woman who played a motherly role in his life, so "biological" is an unnecessary anachronism, imo.

-The Sahuagin Priestess reffers to the party as "surfacers". Imo, it sounds too "drow", I think that sahuagn called them differently (hairy, ugly, weak etc)

And for the third one, I am not sure, it might well had been addressed, because I never checked my party after ToB Transfer, but I was wondering what happened to Xan's equipment after he quits at Sul? If he takes it along with him, would you be able to add an option to offer to buy it off him? I know it sort of will break the finale of the game, but it would suck big time to lose all the painstackingly assembled equipment, and on another hand, it also does not make much sense for Xan to go back to Evereska in his skin.
—George R.R. Martin

There is nothing better than imagining other worlds [...] to forget the painful one we live in. At least so I thought then. I hadn't yet realized that, imagining other worlds, you end up changing this one.
-Umberto Eco, Baudolino

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2006, 01:52:05 PM »
Hmm... It might be that I'm just tired now, but I do not see anything major here. I might take another look next morning, though.

- That's a question of taste, of course, but in this particular line where they speculate whether PC's mother had been a Harper ("With your foster father and your biological mather being Harpers..."), I believe that the word is necessary to underline Gorion-PC relationship as opposed to PC's mother-PC relationship. And it creates a nice echo with Gorion's writing: "I am not your biological father...", as well.

- I think that 'surfacer' fits. Line 46738: "You shall die, now, surfacer!  We shall never bend our knee to the will of Ixilthetocal!" (Rebels).

- After Ellesime's speech, Xan says his goodbye lines, gives party all equipment, takes Moonblade with him (if any) and leaves. So this should be all right, too.

Offline Ashara

• Tired
  • Planewalker
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2006, 02:06:56 PM »
Yeah, a matter of taste. For me biological father sounded pretty bad in BG1 as well.
—George R.R. Martin

-Umberto Eco, Baudolino

Offline Princeps

• Planewalker
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2006, 03:07:21 PM »
Suggestion: substitute "biological mother" with "birthmother".

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2006, 01:21:53 AM »
"Birth mother" might work here, yes. Thank you, I've changed it.

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2006, 12:21:47 AM »
Hmmm... it's been three weeks... and no serious, major, game-crashing, bug reports yet?

Something must have gone horribly wrong...

azaril

« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2006, 06:34:05 AM »
hi,

when I saw this mod I was just playing xan's bg1 romance and had to get it  :D
I absolutely love this mod, even though the bonded path ends so sad  :'( I actually had to cry. and I knew it would end like this...always reading the end of a story first... ::)

well, I've tried the friendship path now and think I found a bug. when you ask "May I talk to you?" and ask him if he remembers old times there is a loop at the end of the candlekeep option (at least it was with me). you can only click continue and he always repeats the two last things he said. no way out. and thus you can't even exit the game normally (or do anything else, for that matter).
did anyone else have this problem? or maybe it's an incompatibility with another mod? though I can't imagine which...

and there is another thing. in one banter with imoen - I think it's the one where he tells her that she is not yet ready to cast advanced wizard spells; the one where they come to speak of her non-existant hat  ;D - it alwyas goes xan-imoen-xan-imoen-... and so on. it ends with xan, which is correct, but the dialogues before are in the wrong order (unless it was on purpose).

well, I hope I could help. thanks again for this wonderful mod :)

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2006, 06:47:20 AM »
Hello, and thank you! Yes, I added FF16 dialogue about Candlekeep after it went to beta stage, and so not every reply was tested. (I see you played with a female protagonist :) ). Sorry, fixed.

Same with Imoen. Actually, two of her three dialogues were screwed - I am sorry! It seems nobody liked her enough to take her into the party. :)

Thank you again.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: