Author Topic: Comments on "Fainfic"  (Read 2449 times)

Offline Bons

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • Glad Corvis Isn't Dead Club
Comments on "Fainfic"
« on: January 06, 2005, 07:29:24 PM »
OMG! Pirates writing fanfic! Next, I will start wearing Birkenstocks, and penguins will invade Miami!

I really enjoyed this. The scenario was set up well, and it was the perfect combination of NPCs to make it believable. In addition, the resolution seems like exactly the kind of thing that would happen to Keto. I can see her having some miserable, guilty days afterward, especially if she's been reunited with her parents and has even more questions about her forgotten past.

Most importantly, this is the virgin foray into Keto fanfic. It totally pwns anything the crazed Alassa fans put out, and not just because you can spell.

Well done, Mr. Fain!  :D
Newt had always suspected that people who regularly used the word "community" were using it in a very specific sense that excluded him and everyone he knew.

--Neil Gaiman, Terry Pratchett, "Good Omens"

Offline Veloxyll

• Seeker of Shiny Things
  • Planewalker
Re: Comments on "Fainfic"
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2005, 04:24:56 AM »
The spelling does help though. :)

It is good though, I enjoyed it, and like Bons says, it's quite believeable
Shiny things, shiny things, shiny shiny shiny things!

Offline glain

• Got Shirt?
  • Planewalker
  • "Comptonette #1" and Resident Neurosurgeon
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2005, 08:30:05 PM »
Fainfic!!!

A very interesting insight into the minds of the party, Mr. Fain.  While I admit I haven't been able to get as far as you in the Keto character, I think your characterization of her is spot on. 

What I think I like the most is the 'plosion of Haer'Dalis and Viccy's reaction to it.  Bravo, Mr. Fain, Bravo!
Beware the evil behind the smiling eyes...

Offline Ghreyfain

• PPG
  • Planewalker
    • Pocket Plane Group
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2005, 09:58:26 PM »
I haven't done Keto's quest yet, so that rules out the bit about... whatever it was was mentioned about her quest.  I figured her guilt was because she wasn't really contributing to the party all that much.  I guess I just don't have the knack to play bards all that well.  Plus she'd been harping at Haer'dalis almost exclusively since joining the party, minus a banter or two with Keldorn.

At least her ego wasn't as galling as Chloe's, that I had to off her one night in the Vulgar Monkey.
Earn Money Sleeping.

Offline Bex

• black marketeer
  • Planewalker
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2005, 01:21:56 AM »
Just like Haer to fail his saving throw like that. But I guess he would have wanted it that way.

An entirely believeable tale. It seems this Keto never got to know Yoshimo. That would have added another layer to her emotional reactions. Maybe too much, I suppose.
Silverjon's Journal: a Baldur's Gate fanfic/semi-AAR, by yours truly

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: