Author Topic: Action Error in Slayer Change dream  (Read 1550 times)

Offline Silencer81

• Planewalker
Action Error in Slayer Change dream
« on: January 15, 2006, 03:22:13 PM »
To start off, here is my install:

BGII + ToB + patch
Baldurdash ToB
Ascension
Ease of Use
Item Upgrade
Tactics

I'm currently playing through a game in multiplayer mode with 3 custom characters imported from BG1 Tutu.  Everything was going smoothly (except for the Cromwell dialogue bug) until I got through Spellhold and had the Slayer Change dream.  The dream itself worked fine, but when it was over my main character didn't gain the Slayer Change ability.  I reloaded and went through the dream sequence again and noticed the following Action Error line between lines of "Imoen's" dialogue:

Action Errors:- Special Case:Player1) Not found. Check for proper brackets. Line Number 6.

All of the mods are the latest versions, and I'm not sure what's causing the problem.  I tried reinstalling the mods but the error is still present.  Normally missing out on the Slayer Change isn't that big a deal in my games, but I would have liked to experiment with it against some of the new bosses.  How can I fix this?

CZFreeman

Re: Action Error in Slayer Change dream
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2006, 05:24:23 PM »
This has also happened to me, but then when I rest I gained the ability to turn into the Slayer. So in my case it is now OK. Hope I help you little bit.

Offline Silencer81

• Planewalker
Re: Action Error in Slayer Change dream
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2006, 02:20:09 PM »
I did some more checking and I remembered that the original version of the game had a similar bug.  This time I rested in Spellhold dungeon first, immediately after the fight with Bodhi.  The script worked as it should, and my main character went berserk and turned into the Slayer.  If you don't get this to happen then you can't get the Slayer Change ability the next time you rest.  I don't think it's the fault of any of the mods I had installed, unless they interfered with the script that's supposed to trigger after the first time you rest (where you go berserk).  I still got the action error in the dream, but the Slayer Change ability showed up normally.

It could also have been a corrupted savegame, or it might have had to do with the fact that I had imported over my main character more than once.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: