Author Topic: Can't get a few components to work.  (Read 4769 times)

Offline whathuh

• Planewalker
Can't get a few components to work.
« on: February 04, 2006, 02:26:06 PM »
I'm simply wondering how I am supposed to resurrect mummies?

Then, I'm also wondering how I am supposed to dispel the Knights' illusions in Windspear.  I know they get dispelled AFTER you kill them, and that's all I can get them to do.

And finally, this isn't in Quest Pack, but it's still odd.  How do I heal Raevilin Strathi in the Underdark?  He's one of the trapped prisoners whose mind has been damaged.  I'm thinking this is impossible, but if someone has done it, that would be awesome.

Offline Bex

• black marketeer
  • Planewalker
Re: Can't get a few components to work.
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2006, 03:00:24 PM »
I haven't been able to resurrect a mummy either.

Regular-old "dispel magic" worked on the knights, though it didn't actually take effect until at least one of them was dead.

Raevilin Strathi can be healed using the spell "Heal." The real trick is getting it cast without being interrupted by his initial fireball, and before he imprisons anyone.
Silverjon's Journal: a Baldur's Gate fanfic/semi-AAR, by yours truly

Offline whathuh

• Planewalker
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2006, 03:37:13 PM »
I figured out why I couldn't get the mummies to revive.  Somehow, I either didn't install it or my game just completely messed up (probably the latter, because I reinstalled and most everything is fine).  So now they revive when I hit them with a spell.

Now I have to ask, why and how?  I don't understand how Larloch's Minor Drain has the power to completely heal undead flesh.  Wouldn't it make much more sense to only be able to resurrect a mummy with a rod of resurrection (or some other raise dead spell).  I understand the reason you can revive them is because these mummies are well preserved, but honestly, how many commoners are well preserved, and aren't they usually dead due to either an illness or old age?  It's a neat component, but it really doesn't make much sense to me.

Offline SimDing0™

• Back In Black
  • Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • Word Enhancer
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2006, 08:11:19 PM »
Mummies resurrect inappropriately because I'm stupid. I can only apologise. The coding is fixed for the next version.

Offline whathuh

• Planewalker
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2006, 03:26:32 PM »
Okay, that's good to hear that it is only a simple (complicated?) mistake about the mummies.

My dispel magics don't seem to be working on the knights, though (cast via scroll and arrows of dispelling).  Can someone either tell me what I'm doing wrong or where the script for the dispel is, so I can figure out what I'm doing wrong?

Offline SimDing0™

• Back In Black
  • Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • Word Enhancer
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2006, 04:22:39 PM »
As I recall, Dispel Magic won't affect the illusions. You need a high-level divination spell--that's True Sight, True Seeing, or possibly anything similar.

Offline whathuh

• Planewalker
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2006, 07:14:29 PM »
Gotchya.  Works now.  Just wish you could get away with not killing them, like many other people here.

Offline SimDing0™

• Back In Black
  • Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • Word Enhancer
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2006, 01:54:42 PM »
Yes, it's a common request. I believe I've noted somewhere before that I feel the story works well as it is, so I won't be providing an alternative path.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: