Author Topic: BG2 NPC Mod Reviews  (Read 94021 times)

Offline Rodman49

• Excellence Incarnate
  • Planewalker
  • Nietzschean
Re: BG2 NPC Mod Reviews
« Reply #25 on: March 16, 2008, 01:11:14 AM »
Finished writing up de'Arnise Review and planning on doing Kivan review in a minute.

Offline gertjanvh

• Planewalker
« Reply #26 on: March 16, 2008, 03:17:59 AM »
Why do you hate the usage of parenthesis' so much? To me it sounds very biased to judge a mod so hard based on writing techniques. Like the very use of parenthesis is a reason to dislike a mod. I for one don't think descriptive story telling in itself is a bad thing. In fact, if anything can set the admosphere in a mod, it's the use of descriptive writing, as long as theres a balance between actual dialogue and parenthesis'.

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • The perfect moment is now.
« Reply #27 on: March 16, 2008, 03:44:01 AM »
About the usage of parenthesis: I very much recommend "Action text and abuses thereof" - it's a great read.

(By the way, I linked this topic to the Modlist, Reviews section. Just saying.)

Offline gertjanvh

• Planewalker
« Reply #28 on: March 16, 2008, 04:07:59 AM »
It is a good read indeed :) But I still think that the use of parenthesis isn't something that you, by definition, should only use when theres no way around it.
Let me put it another way. If I reread my own contributions for RE, there is no denying that I use parenthesis alot. Granted, it might be a bit excessive at times, but I do think it works in the majority of cases because I've got a feel for describing emotions.
I just don't think the conveying of emotions would have worked as well if I hadn't used descriptive writing.

Offline Rodman49

• Excellence Incarnate
  • Planewalker
  • Nietzschean
« Reply #29 on: March 16, 2008, 04:40:16 AM »
Why do you hate the usage of parenthesis' so much? To me it sounds very biased to judge a mod so hard based on writing techniques. Like the very use of parenthesis is a reason to dislike a mod. I for one don't think descriptive story telling in itself is a bad thing. In fact, if anything can set the admosphere in a mod, it's the use of descriptive writing, as long as theres a balance between actual dialogue and parenthesis'. 

*Ack, two posts before I could even respond to your first one gert.

I'm not docking mods on there writing techniques per say, I'm docking them on their presentation of characters/themes/ideas.  What is the point of developing a mod if you don't use the strengths of the gaming medium to express the personality of your characters?  If a mod uses parenthesis more than dialogue/voice or in-game actions why don't they just write a piece of fanfic or a book about their character and stick a portrait on for a cover/heading.  What modding or developing games allows you to do is present such things as characters and events in a way that is largely different, and maybe even superior, to books and movies.

When an author/team settles on a parenthetical rather than in-game or voiced dialogue approach they are completely missing the point of developing a character through the game.  The absolute best example of this is an instance in the Kivan mod.  (1) Kivan's racial enemy is Ogres, and when you go to Umar Hills and have to negotiate with Maduf, (2) Kivan suggests that you should attack them on sight.  (3) If you talk to Maduf anyway Kivan "tenses up" or so we told from the dialogue box, but no actual dialogue is spoken between any characters.  (4) After you successfully negotiate with Maduf, Kivan tells you that he was wrong and that you showed good judgement.

So let's take a look at that event step by step.
(1) Kivan's racial enemy being Ogre is simply part of the game system.  :D
(2) The author has done an excellent job of using part of the game system (Kivan's racial enemy) to extrapolate a reasonable reaction he would have toward Maduf.  Excellent work!  :D
(3) A parenthetical is used here to describe Kivan and show how much he is stressed.  The parenthetical utilizes the dialogue box but there is no spoken dialogue between characters.  :-\
(4) Kivan respects the main character's decision and tells him so in dialogue.  :D

Steps 1,2,4 are all fine and use the game system well enough.  I especially like how the author's inclusion of Kivan's reaction based on his racial enemy.  But what about step 3?  Not only does it make Kivan stick out compared to his companions (the Bioware NPCs) it really doesn't give us anything that we could have extrapolated from a better written step 2 or 4.  Let's think of all the ways we could have replaced or modified step 3 in the aforementioned event.

A.  We could have skipped 3 entirely and had Kivan tell the main character he was tensed up the entire scene as part of step 4.
B.  We could have had Kivan interrupt and trade words with Maduf, but ultimately have Maduf appeal to the main character.  That would ensure that Kivan's reaction is seen but still leave the choice of the player of what action to take.
C.  We could have had an in-game cut scene (or scripted event) before, during, or after the dialogue where Kivan shoots the dirty Ogre anyway.  This takes away player choice but is more likely to garner a reaction from the player and he/she will probably remember the event.
D.  We could have had another member to tell Kivan to relax or lower his weapon.  This gives more of a party/group atmosphere while still showing the scene is tense.

All of these keep Kivan from being too different from other NPCs and thus killing the mood of the moment but also get the same idea across that the author originally intended.  Options A,B,D would require very little more effort to code/script and option C would have made me wary of placing Kivan near any Ogres in the future and been a highlight point of the mod.  Instead I know remember that specific encounter for not being completely awesome but for being a lame, missed opportunity to do something cool.

The Yasraena mod is even worse.  It has some really terrible moments in it where entire dialogue sequences are just Yasraena doing random crap - not even interacting with other characters.  As much as I wanted to enjoy that mod it just wasn't up to snuff.  She wasn't a very interesting, consistent, or compelling character.  Part of the reason is that she doesn't actually say or do anything much memorable.  All the god damn text is lame descriptions.  I mean I kept her in my party for >20 hours.  I can't remember a damn thing she did or said besides ask what gems meant on the surface.  I replied that rubies are for passion, and then I checked to see what was on her necklace, which just happened to be a ruby.  When that is the only thing I can remember about your character after having spent 20 hours playing her you have serious presentation problems.  Shit, I remember more about Keto from her intro in the Five Flagons Inn.  She freaking ran away from a bunch of kobolds in the Firewine Ruins, and she like to rag on the dwarf with the inferiority complex.  And guess what, I've never even had Keto in my party, I just passed by her doing some lame fed-ex quest for the character I cared less about, Yasraena.  At that point I was like, man, Yas is such a crappy character -- So I dropped her from the party, hoping she'd fail her quest to find her nancy Elf lover; and then I picked up a real character -- Keldorn, who is one of those self righetous bastards that I hate, but still is 5 times more memorable than Yasraena.

A few mods can get away with the parentheticals, particularly the Flirtpack-esque stuff, since it's basically all completely new material that is consistent for all the characters (that have romances anyway).  But as soon as you start using parentheticals for basic actions/reactions that are non romance related and can be easily accomplished with normal dialogue I believe you are killing the quality of your mod.

Offline Rodman49

• Excellence Incarnate
  • Planewalker
  • Nietzschean
« Reply #30 on: March 16, 2008, 04:54:35 AM »
About the usage of parenthesis: I very much recommend "Action text and abuses thereof" - it's a great read.

(By the way, I linked this topic to the Modlist, Reviews section. Just saying.)

Oh god damnit, that post is getting bookmarked, its so much more concise and better formatted than mine (and it was even made 3 years ago!).

Cool (for adding to modlist), I'll try to get a few more reviewed in the next week.  Probably go evil this time, so I can play the new Assassinations mod, get Edwin in the party, and freaking kill that silver dragon (jesus, she is a prick, her eggs are getting sacrificed next time around).

Offline gertjanvh

• Planewalker
« Reply #31 on: March 16, 2008, 05:05:42 AM »
I partly agree with your analyses. You can kill off an interesting bit by using multiple action descriptions, but honestly, you cannot blame that on descriptive writing,
I'd call that bad writing instead. To use an example;

(You both lay back in the lucious, soft grass. A soft breeze strokes your face and in the distance you can hear the soft, whispering conversations of your comrades. Stars are shining high above you, sparkling softly, soothingly. Suddenly you notice Aerie looking up at you, with her head on the soft grass, her long hair spread out onto the ground. She looks at you with a mixture of concern and unnerving calm)

"What are you thinking?"

I really, really enjoy reading (and writing) this sort of descriptive storytelling. It sets the tone in a way only dialogue couldn't and when not used excessively it could really enhance mods.

Offline Rodman49

• Excellence Incarnate
  • Planewalker
  • Nietzschean
« Reply #32 on: March 16, 2008, 06:05:45 AM »
I partly agree with your analyses. You can kill off an interesting bit by using multiple action descriptions, but honestly, you cannot blame that on descriptive writing,

(You both lay back in the lucious, soft grass. A soft breeze strokes your face and in the distance you can hear the soft, whispering conversations of your comrades. Stars are shining high above you, sparkling softly, soothingly. Suddenly you notice Aerie looking up at you, with her head on the soft grass, her long hair spread out onto the ground. She looks at you with a mixture of concern and unnerving calm)

"What are you thinking?"

I really, really enjoy reading (and writing) this sort of descriptive storytelling. It sets the tone in a way only dialogue couldn't and when not used excessively it could really enhance mods.

I'm thinking you could do it with an in-game cutscene.  You could have the main character and Aerie lying one the ground, with the rest of the party off lying down to one side.  You could then have Aerie ask the main character about the stars.  Give the main character a few response choices (2 or 4).  Have two possible responses from Aerie (one for being dismissed, one for concerned about the future of the main character).  A possible further response if Aerie voiced concern.  Then you could have the "rest" movie after that.  It does leave out the grass, but then again that's what those awesome pre-rendered area backgrounds are for, they look gorgeous, you might as well use them.

I've told a similar story to yours without using parenthetical text.  Even though your writing is excellent -- we might as well use the graphical advantages the IE gives us.  Plus you don't give your gamer reader fatigue.  Give them too many text blocks and they start to click "continue" without reading . . .

With the extended dialogue and scene in comparison to the parenthetical text we can also have a huge juxtaposition for a major event.  Say your character losing control and going slayer (that's the first thing I thought when I read your description gert, I was like -- oh man, this is the perfect opening for flipping out and going slayer with no control) -- it would be way cooler after an extended cutscene to lull your gamer to be off guard, rather than give then a small text block they may or may not read.

Offline Ashara

• Tired
  • Planewalker
« Reply #33 on: March 16, 2008, 09:13:51 AM »
A.  We could have skipped 3 entirely and had Kivan tell the main character he was tensed up the entire scene as part of step 4.
B.  We could have had Kivan interrupt and trade words with Maduf, but ultimately have Maduf appeal to the main character.  That would ensure that Kivan's reaction is seen but still leave the choice of the player of what action to take.
C.  We could have had an in-game cut scene (or scripted event) before, during, or after the dialogue where Kivan shoots the dirty Ogre anyway.  This takes away player choice but is more likely to garner a reaction from the player and he/she will probably remember the event.
D.  We could have had another member to tell Kivan to relax or lower his weapon.  This gives more of a party/group atmosphere while still showing the scene is tense.

All of these keep Kivan from being too different from other NPCs and thus killing the mood of the moment but also get the same idea across that the author originally intended.  Options A,B,D would require very little more effort to code/script and option C would have made me wary of placing Kivan near any Ogres in the future and been a highlight point of the mod.  Instead I know remember that specific encounter for not being completely awesome but for being a lame, missed opportunity to do something cool.

Option A and B break the dynamic of the exchange and the tension building imo. C completely changes the intent of the scene (Kivan disagrees but uses wis score to assess the situation and keeps his impulses under control), and has the potential to take the descision from the player + break Kiv's alignment that is still 'good'. In version D, while it's cool, there is NO way of knowing who is in the party, and scripting it so any one of the BioWARE NPCs has the chance to tell him to relax is more difficult. At any rate, I can see why people would be wanting to replace every action with cutscene action or dialogue, and, yes, I am trying to eliminate the action texts much, but sometimes it feels right to me. Though I totally have no problems with people disagreeing.

EDIT: Also, the cutscenes can be overused as well. After all, one of the most popular components of the packs are shorter/skipped cutscenes. A cutscene is just as prone to give a user a 'fatigue' as the texts. They will advance through it. Or just quit the game, because while you can skip reading a description, cutscene takes the control from you, so if you are NOT interested, you have to just sit there and twiddle your thumbs. Graphic qualities of IE games are very primitive too. Now, NWN2... here is where the cutscening can actually be taken to another level, and even with its range of emotions, close-ups etc, it is still not ideal. Plus, yep, it becomes pretty tough to engineer a cutscene. Heh. Just goes to prove how difficult modding is and how much effort every line could take.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2008, 09:20:28 AM by Ashara »
Hang in there. I'll try to make you glad you did.
—George R.R. Martin

There is nothing better than imagining other worlds [...] to forget the painful one we live in. At least so I thought then. I hadn't yet realized that, imagining other worlds, you end up changing this one.
-Umberto Eco, Baudolino

Three mods you shall make - one too bad and one to dread and one to love.

Offline berelinde

• Planewalker
    • Gavin, cleric of Lathander, for Tutu
« Reply #34 on: March 16, 2008, 11:45:16 AM »
Everyone is different, as is every review. Personally, I disagree with many of the assessments made above, and had I written the review for any of those mods, I would have awarded a far different point distribution. But I'd rather work on my own mods than write reviews, so I'll have to just filter these through my perception of what the reviewer is looking for. Since Rodman49 gave Saerileth a higher score than Kivan, I am forced to conclude that Rodman49 prefers an obsessive fifteen year old Chosen of Tyr to a broody ranger. It's all good. Many people *do* prefer Saerileth over just about any other NPC mod.

How many times have we all gone to the theater after reading a glowing review only to think the movie a complete waste of an evening? Or how many times have we rented a movie after avoiding going to the theater to see it only to find that the movie was completely entertaining?

Offline gertjanvh

• Planewalker
« Reply #35 on: March 16, 2008, 01:03:39 PM »

"What are you thinking?"

I'm thinking you could do it with an in-game cutscene.  You could have the main character and Aerie lying one the ground, with the rest of the party off lying down to one side.  You could then have Aerie ask the main character about the stars.  Give the main character a few response choices (2 or 4).  Have two possible responses from Aerie (one for being dismissed, one for concerned about the future of the main character).  A possible further response if Aerie voiced concern.  Then you could have the "rest" movie after that.  It does leave out the grass, but then again that's what those awesome pre-rendered area backgrounds are for, they look gorgeous, you might as well use them.

I've told a similar story to yours without using parenthetical text.  Even though your writing is excellent -- we might as well use the graphical advantages the IE gives us.  Plus you don't give your gamer reader fatigue.  Give them too many text blocks and they start to click "continue" without reading . . .

With the extended dialogue and scene in comparison to the parenthetical text we can also have a huge juxtaposition for a major event.  Say your character losing control and going slayer (that's the first thing I thought when I read your description gert, I was like -- oh man, this is the perfect opening for flipping out and going slayer with no control) -- it would be way cooler after an extended cutscene to lull your gamer to be off guard, rather than give then a small text block they may or may not read.

I still don't agree, cutscenes only go so far in conveying emotions to the player. I mean, they do invite the player to feel something, they just don't do it as well as this block of text.
But as Berelinde said, much of this comes down to personal preference of players.

Offline Rodman49

• Excellence Incarnate
  • Planewalker
  • Nietzschean
« Reply #36 on: March 16, 2008, 06:56:48 PM »
Since Rodman49 gave Saerileth a higher score than Kivan, I am forced to conclude that Rodman49 prefers an obsessive fifteen year old Chosen of Tyr to a broody ranger. It's all good. Many people *do* prefer Saerileth over just about any other NPC mod.

LoL, I wouldn't go as far to say that, they both have their strengths; I just thought the Saerileth mod had better execution.  Remember 40% of my score is based on how well an NPC integrates in BG2, generally I view this as more technical/objective in nature than the other categories.  Had there been more direction, proper working of the Jozzi the Seasnake quest, and had the voiceover been consistent for Jozzi (in the Kivan mod) the mod would have been very close to breaking 90%.  Saerileth suffers from many of the same problems but to a lesser degree - her quests have more direction but they still suffer from inconsistent volume in voice acting.  Those two things along with the Saerileth mod being a little more creative is why it was 5% higher than Kivan.  I like Kivan's character more, even if he is a nancy tree-loving elf, than some naive 15 year old jailbait Aasimar, but I thought the Saerileth mod was just executed slightly better.  The mod takes into account how much I like the character to some degree but the execution/presentation of the mod is what most of the score is based on.  For example, my favorite mod NPC is Valen, but she's not quite as polished as Kelsey/de'Arnise Romance and therefore received a slightly lower score.

Offline gertjanvh

• Planewalker
« Reply #37 on: March 16, 2008, 07:06:26 PM »
Well, it amazes me you were able to play Saerileth for more then twenty minutes. It's not so much the idea behind Saerileth that bugs me,
it's the voice acting. I don't know why but I really, really can't stand it. What's the use in playing a mod when you are forced to mute it?

Of course, some people will probably have an allergic reaction when they hear my voice in a mod, but still.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2008, 07:09:35 PM by gertjanvh »

Offline Rodman49

• Excellence Incarnate
  • Planewalker
  • Nietzschean
« Reply #38 on: March 16, 2008, 07:08:06 PM »
Option A and B break the dynamic of the exchange and the tension building imo. C completely changes the intent of the scene (Kivan disagrees but uses wis score to assess the situation and keeps his impulses under control), and has the potential to take the descision from the player + break Kiv's alignment that is still 'good'. In version D, while it's cool, there is NO way of knowing who is in the party, and scripting it so any one of the BioWARE NPCs has the chance to tell him to relax is more difficult. At any rate, I can see why people would be wanting to replace every action with cutscene action or dialogue, and, yes, I am trying to eliminate the action texts much, but sometimes it feels right to me. Though I totally have no problems with people disagreeing.

But action C makes Kivan so much more badass.  I mean let's look at what else he does:

1.  Cut out a vanquished enemy's heart  :D
2.  Have an awesome cloak  :D

If you could just add . . .

3.  Called shot enemy Ogre Mage in the head  :D

That would be epic.  Or you could not, your call and your character, I was just expecting something awesome in that scene and didn't find it.  I didn't dock too many points for it (not that you should care if I did, considering you should always make mods for yourself and the audience second).  BTW, A Song of Ice and Fire is like the best book series ever.

Offline Rodman49

• Excellence Incarnate
  • Planewalker
  • Nietzschean
« Reply #39 on: March 16, 2008, 07:11:12 PM »
Well, it amazes me you were able to play Saerileth for more then twenty minutes. It's not so much the idea behind Saerileth that bugs me,
it's the voice acting. I don't know why but I really, really can't stand it. What's the use in playing a mod when you are forced to mute it?

Of course, some people will probably have an alergic reaction when they hear my voice in a mod, but still.

It's the god forsaken volume.  She's so much louder than everyone else, still it's way better than the Yasraena mod.  Remember the golden rule to voice acting.  No voice acting > Bad voice acting.  Also great music instead of voice acting is about is good, the Kivan mod has like the perfect sound clips for his dialogues.

Offline Ashara

• Tired
  • Planewalker
« Reply #40 on: March 17, 2008, 01:33:30 AM »
But action C makes Kivan so much more badass. 

It would also make him a Fallen Ranger, because he does not know Marduf and has no proof of his crimes. In both Tazok's and Viconia's case Kivan has the proof of the crimes the two had commited, hence he is willing to desecrate a body in the first case, and shoot Viconia should the player hesitate in the second (she deserves death, but a quick one). See, if I were doing it in NWN2, I would have put the camera on Kivan, shown him frown momentarily (without any extra texts), and then moved it back to Marduf and PC. This way he is present, PC knows that she is observed, but Kivan does not have to speak - and making Kivan to be present and relevant without him breaking into too many monologues, 'cause he is as he noted cast as a 'silent' type character. I don't have a good way to do this in IE, so I did use the paranthesis in this particular case. I am sorry that you did not find it a good solution, but that's the rationale. Anyway, I really don't want to turn it into an argument, I can't see how anything can be right or wrong here. In general I agree with you that mucho text is no good, and, as I said, am trying to express what's important to me with different means wherever possible. I just don't think that IE action list or cutscening always offers necessary means to convey fine emotional and drammatic touches.
—George R.R. Martin

There is nothing better than imagining other worlds [...] to forget the painful one we live in. At least so I thought then. I hadn't yet realized that, imagining other worlds, you end up changing this one.
-Umberto Eco, Baudolino

Offline Rodman49

• Excellence Incarnate
  • Planewalker
  • Nietzschean
« Reply #41 on: March 17, 2008, 07:25:25 AM »
I am sorry that you did not find it a good solution, but that's the rationale. Anyway, I really don't want to turn it into an argument, I can't see how anything can be right or wrong here. In general I agree with you that mucho text is no good, and, as I said, am trying to express what's important to me with different means wherever possible. I just don't think that IE action list or cutscening always offers necessary means to convey fine emotional and drammatic touches.

That's cool, I'm not trying to start an argument, the mod presentation overall is still pretty good.  Any other projects you working on at the moment?  Or you still expanding Kivan?

Offline Ashara

• Tired
  • Planewalker
« Reply #42 on: March 17, 2008, 09:46:52 AM »
Oh, gods, no, I don't think I did anything on Kivan for 2 years or so. Though someone wants to voice him, and I might have to dust it off one of these days, to add the voice (hopefully better than Jozzy's). I was mostly working on IWD2NPC since we last spoke, a couple of NWN2 mini-mods, Bishop's Romance for NWN2-OC, and currently working on A Deathstalker, a sort of evil POV BG1 prequel short-story mod in NWN2. NWN2 is my weapon of choice nowadays. :)
—George R.R. Martin

-Umberto Eco, Baudolino

Offline Rodman49

• Excellence Incarnate
  • Planewalker
  • Nietzschean
« Reply #43 on: March 17, 2008, 11:29:48 AM »
Oh, gods, no, I don't think I did anything on Kivan for 2 years or so. Though someone wants to voice him, and I might have to dust it off one of these days, to add the voice (hopefully better than Jozzy's). I was mostly working on IWD2NPC since we last spoke, a couple of NWN2 mini-mods, Bishop's Romance for NWN2-OC, and currently working on A Deathstalker, a sort of evil POV BG1 prequel short-story mod in NWN2. NWN2 is my weapon of choice nowadays. :)

Ah, NWN2, opened up so great to let me down so far with the ending.  I would play mods for it, but alas, I could not bring myself pay for the game . . .

Offline Rodman49

• Excellence Incarnate
  • Planewalker
  • Nietzschean
« Reply #44 on: May 27, 2009, 02:49:54 AM »
Another year since I've played BG2 and I still haven't found a better RPG than BG2, so I'm going to run through with Keto and Fade this time around.

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • The perfect moment is now.
« Reply #45 on: May 27, 2009, 02:58:06 AM »
Fade's author is back, so it might be worth it to wait for Fade ToB. :) Then again, you can always do an SoA run and return to an old save afterwards.

Offline Rodman49

• Excellence Incarnate
  • Planewalker
  • Nietzschean
« Reply #46 on: June 07, 2009, 06:36:34 AM »
Well, I have to say I'm not quite done yet but Keto measured up well from a technical standpoint.  Fade has been a much more compelling character but has significant integration problems.

*spoiler*
Keto's character starts out as such a lame ass bard.  I mean, what the hell is your average Jane doing with a Child of Bhaal, Drow, Red Wizards, etc.  I always thought her character was pretty much useless and only redeeming quality was her joining dialogue.  She gave almost no help to the party the entire game except for blocking pathfinding and requiring heals.  I was pleasantly surprised when she completely tanked her bard competition and then she said something to the effect of "I came to you as nothing and I leave you as nothing."  Amazing, she even said she was sorry for slowing down my destiny!  Her "ending" right there made the mod for me, I was so surprised her adventure ended in that fashion rather than a happy-go lucky one!  Best part of it was that she wasn't a true adventurer and had no business being in a BG2 party.  Getting the ending she deserved - incredible.

Offline Rodman49

• Excellence Incarnate
  • Planewalker
  • Nietzschean
« Reply #47 on: June 13, 2009, 02:53:41 AM »
Another one knocked out, will probably be the last mod I review until sometime in July/August.

Offline Rodman49

• Excellence Incarnate
  • Planewalker
  • Nietzschean
« Reply #48 on: March 26, 2010, 04:04:02 AM »
Alright starting two more mods - the Kim NPC Mod (translated French mod) and the Tyris Flare one from Gibberlings 3.

Offline Reverendratbastard

• Perfunctory Psychopomp
  • Planewalker
  • "to keep my metaphysics warm" -T.S.Eliot
« Reply #49 on: January 22, 2011, 06:38:22 AM »
Alright starting two more mods - the Kim NPC Mod (translated French mod) and the Tyris Flare one from Gibberlings 3.

and how's that going?  ;)

i have to admit: the tyris idea holds some appeal, even if only because golden axe was one of the last arcade games i ever played [obsessively every payday]...
the lord of murder shall perish, yadda yadda yadda.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: