Author Topic: "EasyTutu" Is Available For Download  (Read 38704 times)

Offline chegitz guevara

• Planewalker
Re: "EasyTutu" Is Available For Download
« Reply #125 on: September 05, 2006, 06:44:02 PM »
Re my Beregost problem, it took a re-install to fix it. Before, no matter what, the moment I tried to enter the city, I crashed. Saving didn't matter, I couldn't crash in or after Beregost, cuz I couldn't get in to the city. Since the re-install, it's only happened once. Might want to add something about that to your FAQ.

Offline cvieor

• Planewalker
« Reply #126 on: September 06, 2006, 09:55:07 AM »
Re my Beregost problem, it took a re-install to fix it. Before, no matter what, the moment I tried to enter the city, I crashed. Saving didn't matter, I couldn't crash in or after Beregost, cuz I couldn't get in to the city. Since the re-install, it's only happened once. Might want to add something about that to your FAQ.
It's just the same bug in different form.

Offline Davryd

• Planewalker
« Reply #127 on: September 22, 2006, 11:54:12 PM »

Hi,

Dunno if this has been reported before, ( too lazy to read 6 pages ;) )  I DL'd all the latest versions and installed them, then went to play and all the icons on the left of the main game screen displayed the " N " from the map I think it is. Then I installed the BG1 GUI for Tutu, and now it's fine, though in BG1 style not BG2.

Mods used - Easy Tutu, Baldudash fixes, Tutufix 17, ET Degreenifyer, ET kits, BG1 NPC Project, Spawn Randomizer, Slime Quest, IronModder pack, SoBH, Finch NPC, BG1 GUI

Cheers,
Davryd

Offline Macready

• Planewalker
    • EasyTutu
« Reply #128 on: September 23, 2006, 05:37:46 PM »
Hello -

all the icons on the left of the main game screen displayed the " N " from the map I think it is.

I'm not sure what is going on, but I am fairly sure it is not an EasyTutu issue.  Was your BG2 installation modded prior to installing EasyTutu?
EasyTutu: Tutu installation made simple.

Offline Davryd

• Planewalker
« Reply #129 on: September 23, 2006, 06:19:46 PM »
Hello -

I'm not sure what is going on, but I am fairly sure it is not an EasyTutu issue.  Was your BG2 installation modded prior to installing EasyTutu?

No, it was a fresh install. IIRC, that was the order I install the mods too, if that makes a difference.

Davryd

Offline Silk

• Lurker First Class
  • Planewalker
  • A cat of many colours
« Reply #130 on: October 12, 2006, 10:36:05 AM »
I recently re-installed EasyTutu, after a run with another game (my HD space is limited so games have to come and go for everything to fit).  I have the old 5 disk installation and I'm lucky that when I bought TotSC, I had to buy BG1 again (it was all packaged together) because area 2400 (on disk 4) is corrupt on one version.

Due to the oldness of my computer, I've never had a problem with green water (2D graphics) and luckily enough, never had a problem with Beregost even after repeated visits to the town.  I also keep the BG2 interface because I like it but I'm in love with Ghrey's map.  I haven't really modded Tutu this time except for the G3 BG NPC Project. (No, sorry, I didn't install Finch, even though she's a hero ... and a librarian.)

Finally, many, many thanks to all involved in Tutu-ising BG1 - both the original Tutu and EasyTutu.  The whole idea was a work of genius.  The BG2 engine is so much easier to play.

Following all that waffling, my question is this:  Can I uninstall/remove the original BG1?  I don't mean the Tutu version, I mean the original install that EasyTutu copied from?  As I said, HD space is at a premium and I've effectively got 2 versions of both BG1 and BG2 right now.
"Some say that our destinies may be read in the stars, that the plans of the gods are revealed to those who but know where to look.  They speak it true but their location is false, for I have seen my destiny shining in your eyes" (Anomen, PPG NPC Flirt Pack)

"You know you're tired when you get up from the desk and the headset's still around your neck"

Offline Gorilym

• hyperbolic strawman
  • Planewalker
    • MacEasyTutu
« Reply #131 on: October 12, 2006, 11:05:07 AM »
Quote from: Macready
Unlike traditional Tutu, EasyTutu is not dependent upon Baldur's Gate 1 and Baldur's Gate 2 being installed after setup is completed.  Both games only need to be installed for the EasyTutu setup process itself.

from http://usoutpost31.com/easytutu/

So yes, uninstall away  :)
« Last Edit: October 12, 2006, 11:08:38 AM by Gorilym »

Offline Silk

• Lurker First Class
  • Planewalker
  • A cat of many colours
« Reply #132 on: October 12, 2006, 05:47:28 PM »
Oh dear, I read that thoroughly, too.  I'm so embarrassed.  Thanks for the answer.
"Some say that our destinies may be read in the stars, that the plans of the gods are revealed to those who but know where to look.  They speak it true but their location is false, for I have seen my destiny shining in your eyes" (Anomen, PPG NPC Flirt Pack)

"You know you're tired when you get up from the desk and the headset's still around your neck"

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: