Author Topic: "EasyTutu" Is Available For Download  (Read 38821 times)

Valiant

Re: "EasyTutu" Is Available For Download
« Reply #75 on: May 13, 2006, 12:08:44 PM »
Yes, that´s it, czech instalation doesn´t include this file, so I had to create a blank one... Dunno, if other foreign language instalations have it, but czech definetly simply doesn´t .... But now it´s working...

Offline Kilivitz

• A.K.A. Hethan the Skald
  • Planewalker
« Reply #76 on: May 14, 2006, 03:52:19 PM »
Not sure this is the right topic to, but I just wanna congratulate you all.

I wanted to play BG1-ToB all over again and after giving Tutu4 a try, I also tried BGT. The latter appealed to me because I liked the idea of playing the whole saga without having to switch games. However, some things eventually turned me off (not that I don't appreciate their work though, just a matter of taste), like the fact that the intro vid for SoA still played, and the main screen with Elminster (why couldn't they do something like Tutu has, a BG1 ToB-style screen? I might be shallow, but those little things matter to my game experience. I'm not a big fan of things that scream "MOD!" so the better a mod will blend with the official product, the more I'll probably enjoy it. I also heard a lot about the transition between BG1 and SoA not being that good (haven't played it myself, anyway). I will also pass on the opportunity of visiting Watcher's Keep right after leaving Candlekeep.  :P  ;D

Anyway, I just tried Easytutu and it looks damn great. The BG1 GUI is genius and the loading screens are gorgeous. Really really cool. Now I finally feel like I'm playing BG1 without the little things that were so much worse in comparison to the BG2 engine.

I got a couple of questions too, but will post those in the appropriate topic.

For the 34675859264th time: congrats on the amazing work. Looking forward for V6 already.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2006, 03:54:37 PM by badalamenti »

aliss77777

« Reply #77 on: May 18, 2006, 10:30:58 PM »
can i just say thank you to whoever made easytutu b/c this mod is the shiznit!!! i am trying bg1 again and it's sooo fun. good work everybody!

Neverwinterx

« Reply #78 on: May 22, 2006, 08:34:25 AM »
At the end of the install with easytutu i got a message that some files were corrupt and that i should download a fresh copy and retry.
Also when i try to start the easytutu bg it gives the following error message: An assertion failed in Chitin.cpp at line number 1628
Programmer says: Error initalizing key table, bad key file
And yes i have bg1+totsc(3cd version) fully installed and bg2+tob, patched, and i used tob easytutu version.
Help plz? :p

Offline Macready

• Planewalker
    • EasyTutu
« Reply #79 on: May 22, 2006, 08:44:47 AM »
Hello -

At the end of the install with easytutu i got a message that some files were corrupt and that i should download a fresh copy and retry.
Also when i try to start the easytutu bg it gives the following error message: An assertion failed in Chitin.cpp at line number 1628
Programmer says: Error initalizing key table, bad key file
And yes i have bg1+totsc(3cd version) fully installed and bg2+tob, patched, and i used tob easytutu version.
Help plz? :p

You almost certainly need to uninstall, re-download, and reinstall.  I'll check the ToB release on the server, but I did do a full install with both last night prior to releasing them, so I think this is probably just a problem with your download.

EDIT: I just checked the package on the server; everything was fine.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2006, 08:51:54 AM by Macready »
EasyTutu: Tutu installation made simple.

Neverwinterx

« Reply #80 on: May 22, 2006, 09:12:01 AM »
ah nvm thanks, it was the no cd crack on bg2 i had that screwed it up :P

Keigos

« Reply #81 on: May 27, 2006, 05:27:23 PM »
Hello,

So far EasyTutu was working flawlessly, but now i've fallen victim to the Beregost bug. Before I entered Beregost for the first time I did what was recommended in the readme and there was no problem. But now, after chap.4 the party is trapped there and the game crashes whenever I try to leave. Is there anything I can do now, could reinstalling solve the problem or does that turn Beregost into a no -go zone?

Offline Macready

• Planewalker
    • EasyTutu
« Reply #82 on: May 27, 2006, 06:11:43 PM »
Hello -

So far EasyTutu was working flawlessly, but now i've fallen victim to the Beregost bug. Before I entered Beregost for the first time I did what was recommended in the readme and there was no problem. But now, after chap.4 the party is trapped there and the game crashes whenever I try to leave. Is there anything I can do now, could reinstalling solve the problem or does that turn Beregost into a no -go zone?

Reinstalling won't help anything.

The readme recommends saving your game prior to entering Beregost, and then when you leave, saving again, reloading that last save, and trying to re-enter Beregost.  If you can, reload that last save again and continue on your way.  If you've followed the directions, just reload your save from prior to entering Beregost this visit and try again.

If you haven't followed the instructions (i.e., you don't have a save to fall back on), you can try the steps listed in this thread as a workaround.

On another note: are you playing with or without TotSC?

Keigos

« Reply #83 on: May 27, 2006, 07:08:21 PM »
Wow, Macready, you are fast !

I tried what the org. poster of your link did and copied the Baldur.sav file from the Quick Save into the Autosave and was then able to load the autosave, enter Beregost and leave it again without any problem. That quick save wasn't too long before the autosave and nothing story related had happened since that quicksave, so if the Baldur.sav only stores information about the state of the areas then I shouldn't have to expect any problems, should I?

The readme recommends saving your game prior to entering Beregost, and then when you leave, saving again, reloading that last save, and trying to re-enter Beregost.  If you can, reload that last save again and continue on your way.  If you've followed the directions, just reload your save from prior to entering Beregost this visit and try again.

That's exactly what I did the first time I was going to enter Beregost and since all was working fine I assumed that I would be save for the rest of the game. I must have entered and left Beregost at least 5 more times before I finally run into that bug. Maybe it's recommendable to at least make a quick save whenever one is going to go there.

On another note: are you playing with or without TotSC?

the install is BG1 with TotSC + EasyTutu-ToB

thanks a lot for your quick answer

Keigos

Offline Salk

• Planewalker
« Reply #84 on: May 31, 2006, 06:18:26 AM »
MacReady,

at your homepage I would add that not only custom portraits are not copied over when installing Easy TuTu but even custom sounds.  ;)

Offline Elrikk

• Planewalker
« Reply #85 on: June 29, 2006, 12:07:41 AM »
Installed BG1, TotSC & Latest TotSC Patch
Installed BG2 , ToB & Latest ToB Patch

Balderdashed both installs With latest text and fix packs.

Installed EsyTuTu.

Ran a test of a new BG1 game in EasyTuTu - Runs amazingly well.

Small annoying problem - the shield I chose looks fine in the inventory slot but is completely different looking (ie. ugly) on the character, both in game and the inventory doll.

I tried something.  Since EasyTuTu bg1 saves are (as I understand it) in BG2 format I tried editing a savegame with ShadowKeeper pointed at my EasyTuTu install..

Same proble there.  Chosing a shield from the pics displayed in SK (and armor and helm) works and look great in SK.

Load the new savegame in EayTuTu and I get the choices I wanted in the inventory slot  but not on my character.

This is probably a petty problem as the values associated with these items are all correct.  It is just the asthetics that is bothering me.

I plan on installing more of the tutu fixes and mods once I get the basics sorted out.  Have spent the past three days reading this (and other) bg mod site forums so I have a fair idea of the order in which to do things.

Any help for a TuTu newbie (played BG when it first came out though) will be appreciated.

Elrikk

Offline vtancredi

• Planewalker
« Reply #86 on: June 30, 2006, 03:14:48 PM »
Macready,
I'm new to the BG world and this forum, but I work in IT tech support for a living and I want to say great job on the Easy Tutu! It looks like you might have used Installshield to make the installer, it is professional and well done.
That's the executive summary. For the verbose version, read on.

Allow me to tell my story. I had played a bunch of other RPGs over the years starting with the gold box Pool of Radiance on the old C64, and skipped over the Baldur's gate and associated games for some reason, I think I was tired of the D&D kind of things. After hitting other niches e.g. Fallout and SW KOTOR and others (anyone who hasn't tried Gothic 2 has a treat waiting for them) I decided to come home to Baldur's gate and it is pretty scary to dive into as a newbie. Bear in mind I consider myself pretty technical being that I wrestle computers every day for a living, but the amount of mods that are out there, and their incompatibility, and so forth is daunting to say the least. Far more complex than any of the other games I've dived into.

I managed to locate the package bundles for BG1 and 2 on the internet since Interplay and BI have gone to the great game developer in the sky. Upon searching for the latest patches, I discovered this site, and the sorcerers place, and yours. It seemed the simplest yet most effective change would be the TUTU project. I didn't want to drastically change gameplay as with new quests or something, but didn't want to miss out on the user community tweaks that can make a big difference with game annoyances. Reading the default Tutu installation procedure was turning my hair gray when I saw your package.

I specifically joined this forum to thank you personally. I know from experience that troubleshooting this kind of thing is time consuming. In this case it is a labor of love, and you've allowed me to enjoy the game much more. Thanks for spreading the love.

Sincerely,
Victor

I've met Bruce Campbell. He made fun of my jacket.

Offline Macready

• Planewalker
    • EasyTutu
« Reply #87 on: June 30, 2006, 03:54:59 PM »
Hello -

Thanks very much for the kind words.  It is certainly nice to hear such a sincere expression of appreciation.  To echo your words about Gothic 2, you also are in for a treat with the Baldur's Gate saga.

I do feel compelled to point out that Tutu is the result of the combined efforts of a lot of different people, and it was in a very mature and exciting state before I ever wandered along and began working on it.  So as a Tutu enthusiast myself, I echo your thanks to all the rest of the people who have contributed directly and indirectly to Tutu.

Offline vtancredi

• Planewalker
« Reply #88 on: June 30, 2006, 05:13:38 PM »
Absolutely. I should probably thank them on their forum although they must have tons of this feedback already ;)

I'm wondering about something: you included the Balderdash fixes in your package, right? What do you think of the Dudleyfixes? http://www.dudleyville.com/dudleyfix/index.htm
they seem interesting, but I am new to all this and maybe a little paranoid about putting anything else on the system.

BTW your mod suggestions were spot on, most especially the BG1NPC mod, which I complimented them over at gibberlings3 about. an excellent, excellent piece of work. I mentioned that I think it adds an emotional component to the game that surpasses anything else I've tried.
I've met Bruce Campbell. He made fun of my jacket.

Offline Macready

• Planewalker
    • EasyTutu
« Reply #89 on: June 30, 2006, 06:22:50 PM »
Hello -

Absolutely. I should probably thank them on their forum although they must have tons of this feedback already ;)

This *is* their forum.  I am a guest here as much as you are. :)

I'm wondering about something: you included the Balderdash fixes in your package, right?

Yes.

What do you think of the Dudleyfixes? http://www.dudleyville.com/dudleyfix/index.htm
they seem interesting, but I am new to all this and maybe a little paranoid about putting anything else on the system.

At present, they can't be added to an EasyTutu installation.  If I had been smart, I'd have incorporated Sim's Dudleyfix work into EasyTutu before I started developing it further, but I wasn't, and didn't.  At this point I am willing to fix reported bugs, but I don't think I will revert back to the point of conversion in order to include them, because of the extensive testing and debugging I'd have to do to all of my own work as I reapplied it to a different base conversion.

BTW your mod suggestions were spot on, most especially the BG1NPC mod, which I complimented them over at gibberlings3 about. an excellent, excellent piece of work. I mentioned that I think it adds an emotional component to the game that surpasses anything else I've tried.

That's a fairly common sentiment -- it is a very popular mod.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2006, 06:26:17 PM by Macready »

Offline Blucher

• Planewalker
« Reply #90 on: July 18, 2006, 07:37:23 PM »
Easy Tutu is awesome!  Just wanted to say that.

Offline Macready

• Planewalker
    • EasyTutu
« Reply #91 on: July 18, 2006, 08:20:02 PM »
Hello -

Easy Tutu is awesome!  Just wanted to say that.

Thanks. :)

NOC7URN3

« Reply #92 on: July 20, 2006, 01:03:59 PM »
I suppose it's the right topic...

Did you plan a french translation ??? ;D
Tutu is a wonderful mod .

Offline Macready

• Planewalker
    • EasyTutu
« Reply #93 on: July 20, 2006, 01:05:50 PM »
Hello -

I suppose it's the right topic...

Did you plan a french translation ??? ;D
Tutu is a wonderful mod .

The conventional Tutu installer (v4) accomodates foreign language versions.

Offline Jab

• Planewalker
    • Sigil
« Reply #94 on: July 25, 2006, 03:57:31 PM »
Hi,

I'm testing easyTutu and it's really great (especially world map)!  ;)
Just two minor bugs:
1) I got some damage from that guy, which is near the house with rats (the one, who is testing/teaching your fighting abilities). My PC is ranger, so it was OK. But for a mage, it could be a battle... ;)
2) My PC didn't lost special abilities (cure light wounds, slow poison, draw upon a holy might) at the beginning.

Offline Macready

• Planewalker
    • EasyTutu
« Reply #95 on: July 25, 2006, 06:14:17 PM »
Hello -

(especially world map)!  ;)

That bit is courtesy of Mr. Fain, I believe.  It's from Tutufix.

1) I got some damage from that guy, which is near the house with rats (the one, who is testing/teaching your fighting abilities). My PC is ranger, so it was OK. But for a mage, it could be a battle... ;)

Interesting.  May I ask you to post the contents of your weidu.log file?  I've never sustained damage from that encounter in multiple passes.

2) My PC didn't lost special abilities (cure light wounds, slow poison, draw upon a holy might) at the beginning.

I have to confess to mucking around extensively with the game initialization code, but I'm almost sure I left the script block which handles this (originally written by Japheth, I believe) wholly untouched.  I'll experiment with this and then report back.

Offline Macready

• Planewalker
    • EasyTutu
« Reply #96 on: July 25, 2006, 08:03:54 PM »
Hello -

I am not able to recreate this problem.  I exported a character from a Tutu final save (i.e., a character with full BG1 Bhaalspawn abilities), imported it during character creation in a new game, and was born sans Bhaalspawn powers.

May I ask what version of EasyTutu you are using?
« Last Edit: July 25, 2006, 08:07:36 PM by Macready »

Offline Jab

• Planewalker
    • Sigil
« Reply #97 on: July 26, 2006, 02:22:31 AM »
// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [Subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name
~SETUP-TUTUFIX.TP2~ #0 #2 // Restored BG1 Loadscreens
~SETUP-TUTUFIX.TP2~ #0 #3 // BG2 Ammo Stacks
~SETUP-TUTUFIX.TP2~ #0 #4 // Totemic Druid Spirit Summons are Balanced
~SETUP-TUTUFIX.TP2~ #0 #5 // BG1 Summoning Spells
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #0 // The BG1 NPC Project for BG1 Tutu: Core Install
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #1 // The BG1 NPC Project for BG1 Tutu: Phase I (Banters)
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #2 // The BG1 NPC Project for BG1 Tutu: Phase II (Quests and Interjections)
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #6 // Give Edwin his BG2 portrait.
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #7 // Give Imoen her BG2 portrait.
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #8 // Give Jaheira her BG2 portrait.
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #9 // Give Minsc his BG2 portrait.
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #10 // Give Viconia her BG2 portrait.
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #14 // Non-joinable character portraits
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #15 // Coran's Romance Core (Rated: R)
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #16 // Placeholder 1: New Quests
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #17 // Dynaheir's Romance Core (Rated PG13)
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #18 // Shar-Teel Relationship Core (Rated R)
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #19 // Branwen's Romance Core (Rated PG13)
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #21 // Xan's Romance Core (Rated PG13)
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #22 // Ajantis Romance Core (Rated PG13)
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #23 // Female Romance Challenges
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #26 // Coran's Romance Speed -> Coran's Romance Speed (30 minutes)
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #30 // Dynaheir's Romance Speed -> Dynaheir's Romance Speed: 30 minutes
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #34 // Xan's Romance Speed -> Xan's Romance Speed: 30 minutes
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #38 // Shar-Teel's Romance Speed -> Shar-Teel's Relationship Speed: 30 minutes
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #42 // Branwen's Romance Speed -> Branwen's Romance Speed: 30 minutes
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #46 // Ajantis' Romance Speed -> Ajantis' Romance Speed: 30 minutes
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #100 // Install Player-Initiated Dialogues
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #60 // Weapon Animation Tweaks
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #110 // Icon Improvements
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #120 // Change Avatar When Wearing Robes or Armor (Galactygon)
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #130 // Force All Dialogue to Pause Game
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1060 // Breakable Iron Nonmagical Shields, Helms, and Armor
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1100 // Reveal City Maps When Entering Area
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1110 // Add Map Notes
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1120 // Stores Sell Higher Stacks of Items
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1150 // Shapeshifter Rebalancing
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2010 // PnP Spell Progression Tables
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2070 // Druids Use Cleric Level and Spell Progression
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2140 // Expanded Dual-Class Options
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2170 // Cast Spells from Scrolls (and Other Items) at Character Level
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2180 // Un-Nerfed THAC0 Table, Saving Throws, Grand-Mastery, and  Arcane, Divine Spell Progression (Blucher)
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2210 // True Grand Mastery (Baldurdash)
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3000 // Higher HP on Level Up -> Maximum
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3031 // Easy Spell Learning -> 100% Learn Spells and No Maximum Cap
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3060 // Remove "You Must Gather Your Party..." Sound (Weimer)
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3070 // Low Reputation Store Discount (Sabre)
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3080 // Unlimited Ammo Stacking
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3090 // Unlimited Gem and Jewelry Stacking
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3100 // Unlimited Potion Stacking
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3110 // Unlimited Scroll Stacking
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4000 // Adjust Evil joinable NPC reaction rolls
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4020 // ToB-Style NPCs
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4031 // Consistent Stats: Edwin -> Use BG2 Values
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4041 // Consistent Stats: Jaheira -> Use BG2 Values
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4050 // Change Jaheira to Neutral Good
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4061 // Consistent Stats: Minsc -> Use BG2 Values
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4071 // Consistent Stats: Viconia -> Use BG2 Values
~1PP/1PP.TP2~ #0 #0 // 1PP: Everything but Potions
~1PP/1PP.TP2~ #0 #1 // New Potion Graphics
~SETUP-TUTUSOUNDS.TP2~ #0 #0 // Casting Sounds -> Restored BG1 Casting Sounds And Special Effects
~SETUP-TUTUSOUNDS.TP2~ #0 #2 // Restored BG1 Combat Sounds
~SETUP-SIRINESCALL.TP2~ #0 #0 // The Lure of the Sirine's Call
~SETUP-TUTUGUI.TP2~ #0 #0 // Baldurs Gate I GUI for Tutu
Maybe it's because TutuGUI. I should install it before Sirinescall and one pixel production.
I'm using the last version of easyTutu.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2006, 02:27:48 AM by Jab »

Offline Jab

• Planewalker
    • Sigil
« Reply #98 on: July 26, 2006, 03:00:38 AM »
Maybe it's because TutuGUI. I should install it before Sirinescall and one pixel production.
Yep, this was the reason. I'm sorry, my fault. :-[ ;)

Offline Macready

• Planewalker
    • EasyTutu
« Reply #99 on: July 26, 2006, 07:50:25 AM »
Hello -

Yep, this was the reason. I'm sorry, my fault. :-[ ;)

What did you change, and which of the two issues you mentioned did it fix?  In my experience, installing TutuGUI last is a good thing.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: