Author Topic: I Murdered Nalia's aunt and then....  (Read 8012 times)

Offline irenicus

• irenicus
  • Planewalker
I Murdered Nalia's aunt and then....
« on: December 15, 2005, 04:16:32 AM »
nothing happened  ??? wtf is this s*** i mean come on when I go back to the camp to tell Nalia her father is dead, wouldnt she at least ask what happened to her aunt!?!?  also who sent the trolls its like completly drop-ended and so confusing a waste of time it seams too

Offline Diana

• Neophyte
  • Planewalker
Re: I Murdered Nalia's aunt and then....
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2005, 04:34:33 AM »
wouldnt she at least ask what happened to her aunt!?!? 
Logically one would think so, but we all know that Bioware left a lot of gaping plotholes. 

Sounds like a job for the people who brought us UB and/or Questpack.  And I'm betting JC will be addressing that issue in his Nalia mod.

And IIRC, Hlid wrote a section of code where Player1 could insult aunty and wherein she got what she well deserved.

Offline irenicus

• irenicus
  • Planewalker
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2005, 04:40:55 AM »
wouldnt she at least ask what happened to her aunt!?!? 
Logically one would think so, but we all know that Bioware left a lot of gaping plotholes. 

Sounds like a job for the people who brought us UB and/or Questpack.  And I'm betting JC will be addressing that issue in his Nalia mod.

And IIRC, Hlid wrote a section of code where Player1 could insult aunty and wherein she got what she well deserved.

thats what i did i insulted her and then i said i would kill her so i did, lost some rep but that was all  :-\

Offline Borsook

• off topic
  • Planewalker
  • not a badger
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2005, 04:52:26 AM »
I always thought there was actually no plot behind the troll attack, just them doing it on their own...
"Borsook seems like a pretty cool guy who offers his insight where appropriate... just very, very frequently." - Imrahil

Borsook's Chambers - Home of Borsook's Mods

Offline NiGHTMARE

• Idiot
  • Planewalker
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2005, 04:59:29 AM »
I always thought there was actually no plot behind the troll attack, just them doing it on their own...

TorGal states that he and his clan attacked the keep because they made a deal with "the Stronger".
« Last Edit: December 15, 2005, 05:01:48 AM by NiGHTMARE »
The Gibberlings Three - home to the BG1 NPC Project, BG2 Tweak Pack, Divine Remix, GemRB, Lands of Intrigue, Song & Silence, and many more!

Offline Borsook

• off topic
  • Planewalker
  • not a badger
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2005, 05:02:52 AM »

TorGal states that he and his clan attacked the keep because they made a deal with "the Stronger".
Ok, my bad as usual, gotta upgrade memory.
"Borsook seems like a pretty cool guy who offers his insight where appropriate... just very, very frequently." - Imrahil

Offline devSin

• Planewalker
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2005, 06:21:43 AM »
The trolls were sent by Isaea, who is in league with the slavers, who are puppets of the Twisted Rune. It all comes back to Shangalar.

I hate Nalia.

Offline Hide and Seek

• The one who wields the Blackrazor
  • Planewalker
  • I always begin my day with a good backstab.
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2005, 06:51:46 AM »
I haven't actually tried this, not even tried to kill her without Nalia, (unless that one time when Valen broke out of the formation, she is a feisty one, isn't she?) but surely Nalia must react if you attack her with her in the party? Maybe if Valen threats her, and Nalia ask you to choose side. Kill auntie and Nalia, or a vampire who decides to feast.

She could at least be upset, or maybe she doesn't like her aunt? She obeys "etiquette" like the rest of them, like her father, but maybe Nalia in secret is not as fond of her aunt like she pretends to be?

Perhaps Nalia, the mage is behind all this, an agent for the Twisted Rune, who makes the Roenalls look responsible for numerous deeds (taking her keep, killing her father, holding her hostage), while Nalia in turn (in company of the PC, of course) kills the pathetic slavers who are deemed soooo unworthy as a puppet of the Rune, and eradicating the Roenalls, a strong threat against her land. Maybe Nalia herself sent Torgal to the keep in the first place. (although this assumes you're a fighter who inherit the keep).

Alright, I'll stop my speculations, or I'll surely end up in Spellhold with the other lunatics.
I'm NOT interested in the opportunity to listen to Tiax every now and then (Irenicus did him a favor).
Favourite Quotes from BG2
Minsc: Minsc will lead with blade and boot! Boo will take care of the details.
Saemon: Pardon?
Aerie: This is gonna hurt you ALOT more than me!
Sarevok: Now I return the favor!
Drizzt: Yes, yes, you have my attention.
Lilarcor: And this one's for Grandma, who said I would never amount to anything more than a butterknife!

Offline irenicus

• irenicus
  • Planewalker
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2005, 07:29:37 AM »
I haven't actually tried this, not even tried to kill her without Nalia, (unless that one time when Valen broke out of the formation, she is a feisty one, isn't she?) but surely Nalia must react if you attack her with her in the party? Maybe if Valen threats her, and Nalia ask you to choose side. Kill auntie and Nalia, or a vampire who decides to feast.

She could at least be upset, or maybe she doesn't like her aunt? She obeys "etiquette" like the rest of them, like her father, but maybe Nalia in secret is not as fond of her aunt like she pretends to be?

Perhaps Nalia, the mage is behind all this, an agent for the Twisted Rune, who makes the Roenalls look responsible for numerous deeds (taking her keep, killing her father, holding her hostage), while Nalia in turn (in company of the PC, of course) kills the pathetic slavers who are deemed soooo unworthy as a puppet of the Rune, and eradicating the Roenalls, a strong threat against her land. Maybe Nalia herself sent Torgal to the keep in the first place. (although this assumes you're a fighter who inherit the keep).

Alright, I'll stop my speculations, or I'll surely end up in Spellhold with the other lunatics.
I'm NOT interested in the opportunity to listen to Tiax every now and then (Irenicus did him a favor).

Irenicus is HAWT especially with lucious malfoy in the portrait

*droll*

Offline Lu

• Planewalker
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2005, 07:48:01 AM »
Player1 could insult aunty and wherein she got what she well deserved
   And what's it that she well deserved?

Offline balduran

• Supremacy of the Metal Kingdom
  • Planewalker
  • Photo - useless. Inner beauty - questionable.
    • BG2 Improvements Mod by Victor and azure NPC Romance
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2005, 08:40:08 AM »
Player1 could insult aunty and wherein she got what she well deserved

Probably swim lesson with the fishes.
Ask not! Dominate!

http://balduran.blackwyrmlair.net

-- BG2 Improvements
-- Azure NPC Romance

"In the end, my girlfirend became my arch-enemy, my arch-enemy became my best friend, and my best friend became my girlfriend. But hey - that's high school!"

Offline NiGHTMARE

• Idiot
  • Planewalker
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2005, 09:25:32 AM »
Isn't that what people who punish arrogance with murder deserve? :P
The Gibberlings Three - home to the BG1 NPC Project, BG2 Tweak Pack, Divine Remix, GemRB, Lands of Intrigue, Song & Silence, and many more!

Offline Diana

• Neophyte
  • Planewalker
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2005, 10:32:39 AM »
Here's the link to his code.  Enjoy!
http://forums.pocketplane.net/index.php/topic,18914.0.html

Offline Lu

• Planewalker
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2005, 06:57:52 PM »
Probably swim lesson with the fishes
Isn't that what people who punish arrogance with murder deserve?
   So, Balduran, dare disagree on that?
   Irenicus dear, I think you should read Nightmare's comment before killing the auntie, unless you have no saved game to reconsider

Offline Wounded_Lion

• Planewalker
  • Dungeon Dweller
« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2005, 07:22:17 PM »
So why exactly do you think that she *doesn't* deserve a swim lesson?  :P

If I were an Evil character (say, a Hellion  ;) ), I think I'd at least !@#$%-slap her...  but since you can't do that in the default game...  the next best thing is DEATH! ;D  Seriously, I think it'd be neat if you could choose to shut her up and teach her some respect by roughing her up a little (without actually killing her).

:pirate

a W.L.

btw - How's that for overuse of smileys?  hehe.  Sorry.  Felt like being obnoxious.  Something about the content of this thread...

Offline Lu

• Planewalker
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2005, 08:41:31 PM »
So why exactly do you think that she *doesn't* deserve a swim lesson?
  I somehow think that a swim lesson and death isn't the same. I'd rather choose the former, if I had a choice, you know. But I can swim at least . What if she doesn't? In the middle ages people usually couldn't swim, by what I read once or twice

How's that for overuse of smileys?
  The smileys are good, at least the first three. But the fourth, the pirate, kinda scary, or it means what?

Offline Lu

• Planewalker
« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2005, 09:41:54 PM »
   Now that I've given all this auntie stuff another thought, I think there's actually more to it. I think that what auntie says may be seen differently, that she's right saying that these common folk's duty is to die for their lord, they are kinda doing their job and that's it
   Let's see. These peasants' land is actually their lord's, all these houses and cows and stuff and - sorry, ladies and gentlemen - wives and daughters are their lord's, their lives are their lord's, essentially
   I know I'm putting myself in a riskful situation, but I feel like saying it, that's what it is

Offline Loriel

• Planewalker
    • Loriel's Downloads
« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2005, 01:33:31 AM »
   Now that I've given all this auntie stuff another thought, I think there's actually more to it. I think that what auntie says may be seen differently, that she's right saying that these common folk's duty is to die for their lord, they are kinda doing their job and that's it
   Let's see. These peasants' land is actually their lord's, all these houses and cows and stuff and - sorry, ladies and gentlemen - wives and daughters are their lord's, their lives are their lord's, essentially
   I know I'm putting myself in a riskful situation, but I feel like saying it, that's what it is

Hey, it's not so bad - they all get to be samurai! ;D

Offline Borsook

• off topic
  • Planewalker
  • not a badger
« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2005, 01:47:18 AM »
??? ??? ???

Offline notasophist

• Planewalker
« Reply #19 on: December 16, 2005, 03:51:36 AM »
??? ??? ???

I think the point was that Samurais are dumbasses who gave everything for the sake of their lords. Ideally of course.

At least it's a nobility class of which being noble is actually part of the job description, i guess.

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • The perfect moment is now.
« Reply #20 on: December 16, 2005, 04:03:59 AM »
I'll agree with Lu here. What's wrong with Nalia's aunt? In the Council of Six building and every single noble estate PC is treated exactly like this. In Trademeet, too, even after PC saves the city: unless the noble needs something from said PC, it's "Saved our town? Good for you. Now go away, you smell" sort of thing all around. Not exactly polite? Sure. Creates nice medieval flavour? Of course, that is what it is there for.

I was actually puzzled about paladin stronghold quest, where a baron drives farmers off HIS OWN lands, and PC has to stop this "injustice". Wait, it's, kinda, HIS OWN lands, right? He can do whatever he pleases, and raise taxes however he pleases. It's not Canada 2000 over there: it's Athkatla 1369. So... why does PC have to enforce democracy and people's rights there?

Offline Borsook

• off topic
  • Planewalker
  • not a badger
« Reply #21 on: December 16, 2005, 05:06:00 AM »
I was actually puzzled about paladin stronghold quest, where a baron drives farmers off HIS OWN lands, and PC has to stop this "injustice". Wait, it's, kinda, HIS OWN lands, right? He can do whatever he pleases, and raise taxes however he pleases. It's not Canada 2000 over there: it's Athkatla 1369. So... why does PC have to enforce democracy and people's rights there?
Unless somebody tells me "in FR it's different" - it may be that you have wrong image of middle ages Kulyok. The peasants were tied to the land, had no freedom etc. but this doesn't mean that the landlord could drive them away at will and it would be "just right". Of course should he be very powerful nobody would "notice" that and possibly those who would "notice" the injustice would simply be his enemies... but this is how it is today too, anyway in terms of laws/customs/morality it was not a thing one could just "do".

Offline Hide and Seek

• The one who wields the Blackrazor
  • Planewalker
  • I always begin my day with a good backstab.
« Reply #22 on: December 16, 2005, 05:19:51 AM »
So why exactly do you think that she *doesn't* deserve a swim lesson?
  I somehow think that a swim lesson and death isn't the same. I'd rather choose the former, if I had a choice, you know. But I can swim at least . What if she doesn't? In the middle ages people usually couldn't swim, by what I read once or twice
My guess, she would probably demand that a peasant or two came to help her outta the water. Wonder if anyone had done it.
Favourite Quotes from BG2
Minsc: Minsc will lead with blade and boot! Boo will take care of the details.
Saemon: Pardon?
Aerie: This is gonna hurt you ALOT more than me!
Sarevok: Now I return the favor!
Drizzt: Yes, yes, you have my attention.
Lilarcor: And this one's for Grandma, who said I would never amount to anything more than a butterknife!

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • The perfect moment is now.
« Reply #23 on: December 16, 2005, 05:30:47 AM »
Unless somebody tells me "in FR it's different" - it may be that you have wrong image of middle ages Kulyok. The peasants were tied to the land, had no freedom etc. but this doesn't mean that the landlord could drive them away at will and it would be "just right". Of course should he be very powerful nobody would "notice" that and possibly those who would "notice" the injustice would simply be his enemies... but this is how it is today too, anyway in terms of laws/customs/morality it was not a thing one could just "do".

I have to disagree here. Driving peasants away at will was not practiced widely, but it was practiced nevertheless. Rech Pospolitaya of XV-XVI is a good example, I believe. I reference you to Warski statut of 1420-1423: one of its clauses stated that a "unlawful" or "unwilling" peasant gave the feodal the right to reduce, and possibly take away his lot.

(I am sorry for my transliteration, should it prove wrong.)

Offline balduran

• Supremacy of the Metal Kingdom
  • Planewalker
  • Photo - useless. Inner beauty - questionable.
    • BG2 Improvements Mod by Victor and azure NPC Romance
« Reply #24 on: December 16, 2005, 05:39:24 AM »
Probably swim lesson with the fishes.

I think you do not understand what swim lesson with the fishes means. But that's probably a good thing.
Ask not! Dominate!

http://balduran.blackwyrmlair.net

-- BG2 Improvements
-- Azure NPC Romance

"In the end, my girlfirend became my arch-enemy, my arch-enemy became my best friend, and my best friend became my girlfriend. But hey - that's high school!"

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: