Author Topic: Compatibility  (Read 26376 times)

Offline NiGHTMARE

• Idiot
  • Planewalker
Re: Compatibility
« Reply #25 on: August 21, 2006, 05:05:34 PM »
The latest version of TDD is v1.11, which you can find here: ftp://mirror.intermedia.com.sg/pub/iegmc/tdd-weidu/

It doesn't do anything to resolve the *ahem* "quality issues" with the mod, however.
The Gibberlings Three - home to the BG1 NPC Project, BG2 Tweak Pack, Divine Remix, GemRB, Lands of Intrigue, Song & Silence, and many more!

Offline Mower

• Planewalker
« Reply #26 on: August 22, 2006, 07:19:09 AM »
Am I to assume that a majority of the sophisticated and learned BG2 players here do not use the TDD mod?

I tried a couple of years ago and it had issues that impacted gameplay enough that I abandoned BG2 at the time.

Now I am returning and do not wish to make another modding mistake.

many of the other mods, including the one in this thread, appear sufficient without TDD.

Do we have a consensus on that?

Thanx.

Offline Andyr

• Dance Commander
  • Planewalker
    • The Gibberlings Three IE mod community
« Reply #27 on: August 22, 2006, 08:05:12 AM »
Correct: bugs aside, a large proportion of players (and most modders) do not use it for quality reasons.
"We are the Gibberlings Three, as merry a band as you ever did see..." - Home of IE mods

<jcompton> Suggested plugs include "Click here so Compton doesn't ban me. http://www.pocketplane.net/ub"

I am unfortunately not often about these days so the best way to get hold of me is via email.

Offline cmorgan

• Planewalker
  • Searcher of Bugs
« Reply #28 on: August 22, 2006, 09:19:02 AM »
I have never (in several years of reading several different forums) seen anyone praise/post good things about TDD. I have seen lost of praise for mods that I don't like/are very buggy, and I have seen lots of praise for mods I truly enjoy....

which means that TDD either has a very, very, very quiet fan base, or there are significant reasons why no-one is posting positives about it.

Offline Mower

• Planewalker
« Reply #29 on: August 22, 2006, 10:40:29 AM »
TDD is no longer supported either, so it sux to be you if you encounter issues with it.

Conversely, the mods here I see are very well supoprted.  :)

Speaking of which...

Where can I find info on problems installing the Tactics mod for BG2?

Offline Andyr

• Dance Commander
  • Planewalker
    • The Gibberlings Three IE mod community
« Reply #30 on: August 22, 2006, 11:56:25 AM »
"We are the Gibberlings Three, as merry a band as you ever did see..." - Home of IE mods

<jcompton> Suggested plugs include "Click here so Compton doesn't ban me. http://www.pocketplane.net/ub"

I am unfortunately not often about these days so the best way to get hold of me is via email.

Offline seanas

• Planewalker
« Reply #31 on: August 22, 2006, 12:17:51 PM »
I have never (in several years of reading several different forums) seen anyone praise/post good things about TDD. I have seen lost of praise for mods that I don't like/are very buggy, and I have seen lots of praise for mods I truly enjoy...
hey, i've said good thigns about TDD before - in fact, i don't play BG2 without it. which isn't to say it's not hugely flawed - but sue me, there's enough about it that i like that it's part of my basic install. and it's finally bug-free, and supported here. doesn't mean i'd necessarily recommend others use it, cos its flaws are pretty significant - but it's bug-free and fully compatible with other mods, so it's not like you lose anything (other than HDD space, and possibly street cred) by installing it.
"those who like TDD are already busy giving install advice to newbies" - the bigg

Offline ronin

• Planewalker
« Reply #32 on: August 22, 2006, 12:23:55 PM »
I have never (in several years of reading several different forums) seen anyone praise/post good things about TDD. I have seen lost of praise for mods that I don't like/are very buggy, and I have seen lots of praise for mods I truly enjoy...
hey, i've said good thigns about TDD before - in fact, i don't play BG2 without it. which isn't to say it's not hugely flawed - but sue me, there's enough about it that i like that it's part of my basic install. and it's finally bug-free, and supported here. doesn't mean i'd necessarily recommend others use it, cos its flaws are pretty significant - but it's bug-free and fully compatible with other mods, so it's not like you lose anything (other than HDD space, and possibly street cred) by installing it.

I second that.  It might not be the best mod in the world and the kits suck a$$ but it is bug free and adds a few things that are interesting.  King Diamond put a ton of work into it to get it the way it is without changing any content.

ronin
« Last Edit: August 22, 2006, 12:26:14 PM by ronin69hof »

Offline cmorgan

• Planewalker
  • Searcher of Bugs
« Reply #33 on: August 22, 2006, 12:36:41 PM »
Please convey my apologies to KD 8)  -- I certainly didn't know it was his work resurrecting the mod. Chalk it up to narrow mindedness on my part, and a tendency to read only a few forums. Plus being old and set in my ways.

And forgetful.

And grumpy this morning. :P

and I know I have read posts by both of you folks before; I just for the life of me can't remember anyone saying anything nice about TDD. It must have been overshadowed by the complaining about stuff that King Diamond has now fixed.

Offline Mower

• Planewalker
« Reply #34 on: August 22, 2006, 03:28:13 PM »
Well I must confess that I have not tried the latest version of TDD, 103.  Mine was the original.

Offline Chev

• Knight of the Realms
  • Planewalker
  • Knight of Night
« Reply #35 on: August 25, 2006, 02:23:51 AM »
Just to give TDD more praise.  I too always install TDD, mainly for the spells and some of the minor quests.
I Ride for the King!        a.k.a. Chevalier

Offline pro5

• Planewalker
« Reply #36 on: November 30, 2006, 08:20:44 AM »
I don't know about NeJ but it seems incompatible with several things--I've not played it and nobody has ever explicitly told me of any incompatability, so if you know there is one then I'd be glad to hear of it to make people aware/see if there's a workaround. :)
NEJ replaces standard MISC84.ITM Boo item with BOO.ITM at the start of BG2, which allows "summoning" Boo. This new item is not restricted to Minsc's quickslot.

Nightmist

« Reply #37 on: December 04, 2006, 04:26:12 PM »
Man some people must think this is the only website that has mods ....

The lastest version of TDD(The Darkest Day) is 1.11 as seen here

http://america.iegmc.net/tdd-weidu/

as well as these other mods sites for BG2

http://www.spellholdstudios.net/

http://chosenofmystra.net/forums/index.php

http://dragonshoard.blackwyrmlair.net/index.php

http://www.gibberlings3.net/

http://www.weidu.org/main.html

Offline SimDing0™

• Back In Black
  • Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • Word Enhancer
« Reply #38 on: December 04, 2006, 04:36:23 PM »
This is hardly true. In fact, we quite openly list every other mod site around. I don't, however, blame anybody for not being quite up to date with the status of TDD, since, well, I think it sucks.

Offline +3 Pen

• Planewalker
« Reply #39 on: February 18, 2007, 10:46:43 AM »
Incidentally, BG1 UB currently isn't compatible with either Tutu or BGT, but I believe a Tutu version is in the pipeline.

Without meaning any offense, how long is that pipeline?  -Given that this message dates from last August.  Any chance we'll that compatibility soon, where soon equals within the next month? :)

Offline Gorilym

• hyperbolic strawman
  • Planewalker
    • MacEasyTutu
« Reply #40 on: February 18, 2007, 12:23:55 PM »
BG1 UB for Tutu has been in public beta for nearly two months. See this thread.

Offline +3 Pen

• Planewalker
« Reply #41 on: February 18, 2007, 12:29:49 PM »
BG1 UB for Tutu has been in public beta for nearly two months. See this thread.

A pearl to you!  I shall.

Offline prowler

• Planewalker
« Reply #42 on: November 09, 2009, 11:35:18 AM »
Is component "Sarevok Remorse" compatible with Ascension (Sarevok Dialog)? 
Murloc-translator
Coordinator of the Russian BWP Translation Team
Work with SHS, PPG, G3, CoM, Dragon's Hoard, Sorcerer's Place, RPG Dungeon, Arcanecoast.ru, Aerie.ru

Offline Drelnza

• Planewalker
« Reply #43 on: March 31, 2010, 04:10:09 AM »
Well I for one cannot see any note anywhere about it being fixed, so I am not going to install Sarevok's remorse.

« Reply #44 on: March 31, 2010, 12:27:02 PM »
I've played with both installed, and I've never had problems, although at that point I didn't have many mods installed, either. It should be fine.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: