Author Topic: Compatibility  (Read 26370 times)

Offline icelus

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
Compatibility
« on: December 12, 2005, 02:34:13 PM »
Until Andy, Cliffette, or I get a chance to dig through the forum and collect the information about UB compatibility issues with other mods, we would be oh-so-happy if people could post any compatibility issues they've discovered in this thread.

Also, please read the above sentence as if it were like three smaller ones, instead of one almost-runon sentence.
<Moongaze> Luckily BWL has a very understanding and friendly admin.

Offline icelus

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
Re: Compatibility
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2005, 10:38:29 PM »
UB IS COMPATIBLE WITH EVERYTHING HOORAY!!!
<Moongaze> Luckily BWL has a very understanding and friendly admin.

Offline sadun

• Planewalker
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2006, 08:35:43 AM »
As far as i know Valygar/Suna Seni component is not compatible with TS. Am i wrong?

wondering

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2006, 10:46:03 AM »
As far as i know Valygar/Suna Seni component is not compatible with TS. Am i wrong?

I think it clashes with the romance in ts yes. I would also like an answer to this. anyone?

Offline Grim Squeaker

• Fallen
  • Planewalker
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2006, 10:52:05 AM »
I think that would end up being a more story based incompatibility.  My guess would be that both will happen and they'll be situations with two Suna Senis.
"You alone can make my song take flight..."

Offline Andyr

• Dance Commander
  • Planewalker
    • The Gibberlings Three IE mod community
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2006, 02:48:26 PM »
I don't think TS is compatible with much, now.
"We are the Gibberlings Three, as merry a band as you ever did see..." - Home of IE mods

<jcompton> Suggested plugs include "Click here so Compton doesn't ban me. http://www.pocketplane.net/ub"

I am unfortunately not often about these days so the best way to get hold of me is via email.

Offline Chev

• Knight of the Realms
  • Planewalker
  • Knight of Night
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2006, 05:16:35 PM »
Remember, There now 2 TS, TS v6.05 and TS-BP v6.04.02.  TS-BP works to be compatibile with other mods.
I Ride for the King!        a.k.a. Chevalier

berelinde

« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2006, 05:47:13 PM »
I found UB so incompatible that i was forced to uninstall. I would get the dialog box with nothing in it...no "continue" or response choices, nothing.

I tried reinstalling. I tried uninstalling other mods and installing all over again. All for naught. In the end, I decided I could live without the mod.

Other mods I've got installed: Ease (everything except the no traps/locks option), Soulafein, Kelsey, Saerilith (which has made things stutter a bit, but it's liveable), Xan (who rocks, by the way), Underrepresented Items, and Item Upgrades.

Offline Andyr

• Dance Commander
  • Planewalker
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2006, 06:19:46 PM »
No text/scrambled text indicates user install errors, as opposed to a mod bug. It suggests you either:
- Installed the official patch or a non-WeiDU mod after WeiDU mods
- Installed the patch or a mod with the game or a game editor running
- Your dialog.tlk file is set as read-only

A full reinstall of the game is the fix.

UB is compatible with the mods you've listed.
"We are the Gibberlings Three, as merry a band as you ever did see..." - Home of IE mods

<jcompton> Suggested plugs include "Click here so Compton doesn't ban me. http://www.pocketplane.net/ub"

I am unfortunately not often about these days so the best way to get hold of me is via email.

BERELINDE

« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2006, 03:12:20 PM »
You were right. I had BG running. My bad. Break out the wet noodle.

I've reinstalled, and hope things go better. The main reason I installed UB in the first place was because I love Minsc and wanted a quest for him. I'm looking forward to helping him regain Boo.

R

Offline Bursk

• Planewalker
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2006, 04:50:04 PM »
The Boo quest is pretty sweet indeed, my friend!  Pretty sweet indeed!

Offline Andyr

• Dance Commander
  • Planewalker
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2006, 05:28:04 PM »
You were right. I had BG running. My bad. Break out the wet noodle.

I've reinstalled, and hope things go better. The main reason I installed UB in the first place was because I love Minsc and wanted a quest for him. I'm looking forward to helping him regain Boo.

R

Enjoy. :)

Offline Margrave

• Planewalker
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2006, 10:33:37 PM »
I thought that I read the Boo quest wasn't compatible with NEJ for BP?  Also it has come up that the new fixpack from G3 has a compatibility issue with UB where they both address the Glacias charm issue(UB minor dialogs), but Cam reports he sent you guys the code to patch that up.  Other than the Suna Seni thing with TS that is all I've heard of.

Offline Andyr

• Dance Commander
  • Planewalker
« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2006, 06:35:45 PM »
Yeah, the Glacias Charm issue will be patched so as to avoid incompatablities. I don't know about NeJ but it seems incompatible with several things--I've not played it and nobody has ever explicitly told me of any incompatability, so if you know there is one then I'd be glad to hear of it to make people aware/see if there's a workaround. :)

Offline 5th_horseman

• Planewalker
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2006, 08:46:38 PM »
NEJ has a "Boo Familiar" as a compeonent, that may cause problems, I'm currentily starting NEJ+SoS+CtB+TS_BP+RoT+BP Megamod, from what I have just read I may have to rebuild it,  :-X ( #%$! thing runs just over 7Gb and took all day to build) as it all Biffed and unknowily installed the Suni/Val romance not knowing about the problem with TS.

It may be worth while including "NOT IF" codeing on the various sections that may conflict with similiar mods sections, better yet arrange with the other modders to include  ID tags for conflicting sections so player can chose which they want to install.

The BGT/BP family all have common sections of coding and use ID tags to prevent conflicts and ensure compatiability, as a player it would be great to be able play mods without such conflicts. I've notice that many modders are starting post documentation so other can check for compatiability.

I have seen that there has been talk of merging different projects, personalily I would like to see such as the different projects have different strong points some in the NPC's they bring to live withe dialogs and banters, while other have a wealth of locations and stroy arcs, the merging of such can only bring  greater pleasure to those who play.

Offline berelinde

• Planewalker
    • Gavin, cleric of Lathander, for Tutu
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2006, 08:48:47 PM »
Two down, one to go.

Offline Andyr

• Dance Commander
  • Planewalker
« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2006, 05:28:44 AM »
NEJ has a "Boo Familiar" as a compeonent, that may cause problems, I'm currentily starting NEJ+SoS+CtB+TS_BP+RoT+BP Megamod, from what I have just read I may have to rebuild it,  :-X ( #%$! thing runs just over 7Gb and took all day to build) as it all Biffed and unknowily installed the Suni/Val romance not knowing about the problem with TS.

It may be worth while including "NOT IF" codeing on the various sections that may conflict with similiar mods sections, better yet arrange with the other modders to include  ID tags for conflicting sections so player can chose which they want to install.

I am happy to include code to stop mod components installing if there are conflicts with other mods, if I can get reports from players/modders of problems. :) I am unsure as to the precise extent of how much checking can be done, however, as it depends on both modders to add the code checks (and be honest and thorough with documentation) and Vlad for one has said he is not too fussed about compatability with other mods (at several points in time).

I don't play the BP+ etc mod conglomerate because I don't enjoy them, so my experience in exactly what the possible conflicts could be is limited.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2006, 07:08:46 AM by Andyr »

Fleur de Soleil

« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2006, 05:51:13 PM »
Does anybody knows if i must instal, it, when using TuTu, intu TuTu directory or intou BG2 directory if I want to working it properly?

Offline berelinde

• Planewalker
« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2006, 07:37:32 PM »
My guess is that you probably don't want to install UB for BG2 in your Tutu directory at all. Did you mean to post to UB for BG1?

I have BG2 UB and love it. I have not installed BG1 UB.

Fleur de Soleil

« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2006, 02:24:36 AM »
No, I have not played Tutu yet, but I want to install it because of its contntinuity of gaming through All four games, (no need for importing) So I want to know, when i make it (in the game) to BG2 i wont to know how can i make some mods for BG2 working. (Together with using Tutu) Thats what I mean......

Offline NiGHTMARE

• Idiot
  • Planewalker
« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2006, 04:24:51 AM »
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but Tutu *doesn't* let you play continuously through the entire BG saga; you will still need to save/import.  This means that most BG2 mods won't have any effect on a Tutu game, and some may even cause crashes or weird behaviour.

For what you want, you'll need BG Trilogy.  BG2 UB *is* compatible with BGT, as are most other BG2 mods.

Incidentally, BG1 UB currently isn't compatible with either Tutu or BGT, but I believe a Tutu version is in the pipeline.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2006, 04:29:20 AM by NiGHTMARE »
The Gibberlings Three - home to the BG1 NPC Project, BG2 Tweak Pack, Divine Remix, GemRB, Lands of Intrigue, Song & Silence, and many more!

Offline berelinde

• Planewalker
« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2006, 06:26:50 AM »
Thanks for the heads-up.

Offline Mower

• Planewalker
« Reply #22 on: August 21, 2006, 10:01:58 AM »
Where does the Darkest Day mod fit into these mods?

Offline Andyr

• Dance Commander
  • Planewalker
« Reply #23 on: August 21, 2006, 11:56:54 AM »
I am not sure about the status of the current standalone version, as it seems to have been amalgamated into the Big Picture collection of mods. If you're using a non-WeiDU version of TDD you will have to install it before other mods.

I don't think TDD will cause any problems with Unfinished Business, though I cannot be certain as like many mod players I don't play TDD.

Offline Mower

• Planewalker
« Reply #24 on: August 21, 2006, 12:04:37 PM »
TDD no longer seems to be supoprted, the last version 1.03 was modded in 2002.

With all of the excellent *supported* mods here, it appears I need not bother with TDD anyhow.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: