Author Topic: how do I betray renal?  (Read 3157 times)

princess

how do I betray renal?
« on: December 02, 2005, 01:12:43 AM »
maevar just says to drop that document *near* renal, but what does he mean *near* renal??

Offline jcompton

• Niche Exploiter
  • Administrator
  • Planewalker
Re: how do I betray renal?
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2005, 08:24:35 AM »
Put it on a table or something in Renal's guildhouse, on the actual level with Renal.
Cespenar says, "Kelsey and friends be at the Pocket Plane? Ohhh yesssss!" http://www.pocketplane.net

Silencer150

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2009, 01:41:57 AM »
I just fixed one problem and I discover another.

I decided to test out the path where you betray Renal.  The problem is that I can't figure out where to plant the evidence.  I tried placing the scroll in every single container / table on the 2nd level of Renal's guildhouse, but none of these get any response from Mae'Var and I can't finish the quest.  I tried the little knot hole near the east wall, both chests in the vicinity, the tables near the stairs, the nearby chest, and all four containers in the northwest room.  Nothing.

Is there a specific container I'm supposed to use?  Or is any container supposed to work?  Does it make a difference if I tip Mae'Var off before or after obtaining the documents I'd normally use as evidence for Mae'Var's treachery?

I really do not want to have to start a new game just to get these quests to work, and I don't have a savegame prior to entering Renal's guildhouse, since I ran around and did some other things before stealing the necklace from the Talos temple.

Silencer150

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2009, 02:03:17 AM »
I tested a few more variations and found out that the quest itself isn't broken, which brings me no closer to finding an answer.  Just to see what would happen, I gave Renal the evidence but refused to kill Mae'Var.  I ran back to Mae'Var's guildhouse and everyone was hostile, as if I'd done the quest normally.  When I got to Mae'Var's room, the dialogue option came up where I admit to Mae'Var that I've given Renal the evidence about the Night Blades, which of course causes Mae'Var to attack if he wasn't already.

I realized that betraying Renal was the "evil" option and my party already had a reputation of 19 at this point.  Is this supposed to automatically block out the option of betraying Renal?

I don't need to finish the quest this way, and I wasn't intending to anyway.  I just wanted to test to see what would happen.  Needless to say, planting the evidence doesn't work.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: