Author Topic: We will not delete your questions and comments about mod compatibility!  (Read 78802 times)

Offline SimDing0™

• Back In Black
  • Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • Word Enhancer
Re: We will not delete your questions and comments about mod compatibility!
« Reply #25 on: December 02, 2005, 11:14:29 AM »
Actually, the studios administration did not clearly state that *it is acceptable for someone to delete your posts if they don't like you* at all.
No, no, I think that selective memory of yours is kicking in again. Do you not recall that while PMs were allegedly sent, the content of which we were never allowed to learn, we were also informed that it was ultimately Dorotea's prerogative to moderate her forum however she felt like, and there was no conceivable action that could be taken if she continued to delete posts-- as she has done. I put it to you again that while they may not explicitly agree with the practice, the Studios administration are perfectly happy to accept moderators deleting posts from people they don't like.
Since you'll doubtless pretend none of that ever happened, I'd also like to seal the argument from now on by inviting the general public to consider who makes a marginally more reliable source: me, or the man who accused us of purging the entire Banter Pack forum for no apparent reason?

Okay, I thought TBP started after PPG began.  I forgot it was around during the era of FWP.
It is, however, an extremely entertaining example of you flailing desparately to find any material whatsoever to use against me! (And if you ever get hold of those old posts, tell Neil I'm still waiting for that Oversight topic he promised me.)

Of course, if you ever find anything which actually backs up your claims, feel free to post away.
I believe what you're trying to say is "EVERYONE KNOWS YOUR LYING SIMDING0!!!"

It's suddenly very popular. :)
I must confess, it wasn't what I might have hoped for. I was anticipating Gaider telling everyong not to edit his writing or he'd quit forever. :)
« Last Edit: December 02, 2005, 11:18:02 AM by SimDing0™ »

Offline NiGHTMARE

• Idiot
  • Planewalker
« Reply #26 on: December 02, 2005, 11:44:58 AM »
No, no, I think that selective memory of yours is kicking in again. Do you not recall that while PMs were allegedly sent, the content of which we were never allowed to learn.

Would you be willing to publically share the contents of PMs you send and receive if it were asked demanded of you? Even ones sent in your capacity as a global moderator?

we were also informed that it was ultimately Dorotea's prerogative to moderate her forum however she felt like

It was me who said that, and I am not an administrator at ShS, nor do I create forum policy there.

EDIT: Incidentally, I find it funny how you chose to believe this statement is a truthful reflection of staff policy, but think that those staffmembers who said they'd sent her warning PMs were lying.

there was no conceivable action that could be taken if she continued to delete posts-- as she has done.

Not being able to do anything and being happy with what happened are two very different things.  So different that it is not merely a matter of semantics.

I put it to you again that while they may not explicitly agree with the practice, the Studios administration are perfectly happy to accept moderators deleting posts from people they don't like.

And I put it to you again that if you're going to make accusations like that, you'll need to provide proof to back it up.  Otherwise, you're simply coming out with libellous statements.

Since you'll doubtless pretend none of that ever happened, I'd also like to seal the argument from now on by inviting the general public to consider who makes a marginally more reliable source: me, or the man who accused us of purging the entire Banter Pack forum for no apparent reason?

I personally wouldn't consider someone who exagerates a question about what happened to a single post into an accusation of purging an entire forum to be entirely reliable.

It is, however, an extremely entertaining example of you flailing desparately to find any material whatsoever to use against me! (And if you ever get hold of those old posts, tell Neil I'm still waiting for that Oversight topic he promised me.)

No, no, I think that paranoia of yours is kicking in again.  The subject of deletion simply made me remember that I couldn't find my post, which I genuinely want to find again.  But how on earth you came to the conclusion my mistaken belief a post of mine in the Banter Pack forum was an attempt to find something against you personally is beyond me - it's primary a Compton project, and any one of the PPG global mods could have deleted it (had that been the case).

I believe what you're trying to say is "EVERYONE KNOWS YOUR LYING SIMDING0!!!"

Someone here is either lying or mistaken, and we live in a society which believes in the concept of "Innocent Until Proven Guility".  That means if you're going to make an negative accusation about somebody or something, the burden of proof lies in your hands, not theirs.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2005, 12:00:43 PM by NiGHTMARE »
The Gibberlings Three - home to the BG1 NPC Project, BG2 Tweak Pack, Divine Remix, GemRB, Lands of Intrigue, Song & Silence, and many more!

Offline Borsook

• off topic
  • Planewalker
  • not a badger
« Reply #27 on: December 02, 2005, 12:11:31 PM »
Sigh. I must say (with all due respect toward both parties) that I find Sim-Nightmare matches less and less enjoyable... and yes I know I don't have to read them. :P
"Borsook seems like a pretty cool guy who offers his insight where appropriate... just very, very frequently." - Imrahil

Borsook's Chambers - Home of Borsook's Mods

Offline SimDing0™

• Back In Black
  • Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • Word Enhancer
« Reply #28 on: December 02, 2005, 12:24:17 PM »
You're not the only one.

Offline Borsook

• off topic
  • Planewalker
  • not a badger
« Reply #29 on: December 02, 2005, 12:26:52 PM »
You're not the only one.
Good. I see hope for You Sim ;)
"Borsook seems like a pretty cool guy who offers his insight where appropriate... just very, very frequently." - Imrahil

Offline Wounded_Lion

• Planewalker
  • Dungeon Dweller
« Reply #30 on: December 02, 2005, 01:03:54 PM »
O, the Chaos!  I love it!  I've never seen a Sim-Nightmare match before...  I must confess that its entertaining.   ;D

a W.L.

Offline Borsook

• off topic
  • Planewalker
  • not a badger
« Reply #31 on: December 02, 2005, 01:07:32 PM »
O, the Chaos!  I love it!  I've never seen a Sim-Nightmare match before...  I must confess that its entertaining.   ;D

a W.L.

Oh, if you look around you can find quite a few. Also many others that feature Nightmare and different opponents of all sizes. ;)

Offline jcompton

• Niche Exploiter
  • Administrator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #32 on: December 02, 2005, 01:16:12 PM »
Fans of spectacle might enjoy this thread, which manages to include representative cameos of an astonishing variety of industry figures in a remarkably short span of time before the thread was locked.
Cespenar says, "Kelsey and friends be at the Pocket Plane? Ohhh yesssss!" http://www.pocketplane.net

Offline irenicus

• irenicus
  • Planewalker
« Reply #33 on: December 02, 2005, 01:39:18 PM »
2- Messages should require approval before being sent and seen by everyone. Deleting a bad post after being seen is not a good option. Bad posts should not be allowed to be seen at all.
This sounds very unfeasable to me. Are you suggesting that each and every post should be read by a mod before appearing on a forum???

*snickerS* i can see it already

"Moderators killed by reading 100+ messages by the hour"

Offline irenicus

• irenicus
  • Planewalker
« Reply #34 on: December 02, 2005, 01:45:11 PM »
i personally wouldnt mind the occasional really dumb post of question they are probally trying to make sence in a non sencible way :-\ that didnt make any sence did it?

Offline Borsook

• off topic
  • Planewalker
  • not a badger
« Reply #35 on: December 02, 2005, 01:46:33 PM »
i personally wouldnt mind the occasional really dumb post of question they are probally trying to make sence in a non sencible way :-\ that didnt make any sence did it?
Hmm I at least do not quite follow You here.

Offline irenicus

• irenicus
  • Planewalker
« Reply #36 on: December 02, 2005, 01:48:53 PM »

i dont follow myself so dont ask me.... i know what im trying to say i just cant excactly.... say it  :-\

Offline Borsook

• off topic
  • Planewalker
  • not a badger
« Reply #37 on: December 02, 2005, 01:54:53 PM »

i dont follow myself so dont ask me.... i know what im trying to say i just cant excactly.... say it  :-\
Try very slowly from the begining. Or try to say it in as many ways as possible. Or imagine I'm an idiot and simpleton and will only understand if you explain it in very simple words. Or some combination. One of these is bound to work. :)

Offline irenicus

• irenicus
  • Planewalker
« Reply #38 on: December 02, 2005, 01:57:10 PM »

Try very slowly from the begining. Or try to say it in as many ways as possible. Or imagine I'm an idiot and simpleton and will only understand if you explain it in very simple words. Or some combination. One of these is bound to work. :)

okay

-imagions you in pink clothes and a fake pregnacy simulator- ok now
What i mean is sometimes people may say or ask things that may be stupid and delete-worthy to everyone else but importent to them

Offline Ashara

• Tired
  • Planewalker
« Reply #39 on: December 02, 2005, 02:44:53 PM »
Fans of spectacle might enjoy this thread, which manages to include representative cameos of an astonishing variety of industry figures in a remarkably short span of time before the thread was locked.

Yep, that was the scandal I managed to catch while flipping through the channels. It was a classical one, and besides the involvment by all the major communities pushing their own political agendas, it also has the classical set up and readable size. Only three pages, and we have it all: the vendetta and the references to the backstage dealing. The ISSUE. The characterization argument. The grammar argument. The proponents of a political agenda from another forum making the issue into a soap box. And even the historical reference to Ken TeamBG times. The quit FOREVAR notice from at least one participants. The swarm defence. And a sturdy lock at the end. The only thing sorely lacking was Jason-Dorotea dynamics, but not any more!
Hang in there. I'll try to make you glad you did.
—George R.R. Martin

There is nothing better than imagining other worlds [...] to forget the painful one we live in. At least so I thought then. I hadn't yet realized that, imagining other worlds, you end up changing this one.
-Umberto Eco, Baudolino

Three mods you shall make - one too bad and one to dread and one to love.

Offline ronin

• Planewalker
« Reply #40 on: December 02, 2005, 02:49:04 PM »
Hmm, everytime I click on "Show unread posts since last visit" I see this thread and for the life of me dont know why I always click on it to see whats new. 

Why cant we all just get along?  What happened on the other forum should not have been dragged here.

ronin

Offline Borsook

• off topic
  • Planewalker
  • not a badger
« Reply #41 on: December 02, 2005, 02:55:14 PM »
Hmm, everytime I click on "Show unread posts since last visit" I see this thread and for the life of me dont know why I always click on it to see whats new. 

Why cant we all just get along?  What happened on the other forum should not have been dragged here.

ronin
While it is not mine intent to defend the merits of this thread it seems to me that in the long run you might be better off trying to learn why exactly are you clicking on it instead of trying to follow the easy path by talking us into stopping posting on the matter. ;)

Offline ronin

• Planewalker
« Reply #42 on: December 02, 2005, 03:00:26 PM »
See.... I couldnt resist again.  I was not saying ya'all had to stop posting on the matter.  I just think threads like these hurt the community more that help, by community I mean not just PPG, but the other forums too, as I consider all the BG2 forums a part of the community, or am I wrong in that thinking?

So, I will not post anymore on this thread.  (cant stop myself from looking at it tho)

cheers all

ronin

Offline jcompton

• Niche Exploiter
  • Administrator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #43 on: December 02, 2005, 03:01:29 PM »
What happened on the other forum should not have been dragged here.

Well, they get kinda twitchy when I try discussing it there.
Cespenar says, "Kelsey and friends be at the Pocket Plane? Ohhh yesssss!" http://www.pocketplane.net

Offline Borsook

• off topic
  • Planewalker
  • not a badger
« Reply #44 on: December 02, 2005, 03:07:07 PM »
See.... I couldnt resist again.  I was not saying ya'all had to stop posting on the matter.  I just think threads like these hurt the community more that help, by community I mean not just PPG, but the other forums too, as I consider all the BG2 forums a part of the community, or am I wrong in that thinking?

So, I will not post anymore on this thread.  (cant stop myself from looking at it tho)

cheers all

ronin
Well actually (at least for me) the biggest problem with BG (or rather IE) community is that in fact there are so many separete communities (sure some like e.g. PPG and G3 can be considered different forums of the same community), this is quite strange (again for me) and hardly beneficial...

Offline ronin

• Planewalker
« Reply #45 on: December 02, 2005, 03:18:28 PM »
so I lied, i posted again.   ;D

What would be beneficial (for the game and the players) would be if everyone worked together and put differences aside and stopped the petty bickering.  This "community" is the only reason that I am still playing this game for so many years, without the community it would get pretty boring playing a "stock" BG.  I am now 36 and hope that when I am 80 (thats exagerated (sp?)) that I can sit down and still play this game with so many mods installed it would take me twenty years to complete it.

In short I hate seeing stuff like this happen because a "newbie" might see it differently than I/We do and leave, hence we loose a player and a supporter.  What is more fun modding for the masses or for just a couple of people? 

I am a member of most of the major forums for BG2 and I enjoy going to all of them, not one of them is my favorite.

ronin

Offline Loriel

• Planewalker
    • Loriel's Downloads
« Reply #46 on: December 02, 2005, 03:24:58 PM »
I'm not so sure that it would be a good thing for all the separate IE modding communities to work together.  First off, the community produces more mods when they work separately, which is good for the players.  Second, people with different modding/moderating styles/philosophies can work with others of like mindset.  The "bickering" is just sibling rivalry.  We're still a family, dysfunctional though it may be.

Offline jcompton

• Niche Exploiter
  • Administrator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #47 on: December 02, 2005, 03:34:51 PM »
In short I hate seeing stuff like this happen because a "newbie" might see it differently than I/We do and leave, hence we loose a player and a supporter.  What is more fun modding for the masses or for just a couple of people? 

Yes, I agree that seeing people argue can be off-putting to new arrivals.

I also believe that having discussions deleted out of spite could be off-putting to new arrivals, too, but there seems to be a lack of consensus on that point.

Offline ronin

• Planewalker
« Reply #48 on: December 02, 2005, 03:39:17 PM »

I also believe that having discussions deleted out of spite could be off-putting to new arrivals, too, but there seems to be a lack of consensus on that point.

I agree on that point also, but I also think that such issues can be resolved by other means than posting on a different forum.  Most, not all, people who visit here also visit the other forums (like me), and complaining here about there presents a bad impression for those same "new" people.  IMHO, and this is only my opinion, I dont think its a professional way to solve problems.

I am not bitchin at no one here, just stating my opinion.

ronin

Offline SimDing0™

• Back In Black
  • Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • Word Enhancer
« Reply #49 on: December 02, 2005, 03:48:17 PM »
What would be beneficial (for the game and the players) would be if everyone worked together and put differences aside and stopped the petty bickering.
With a few exceptions, I think the people who do the actual modding DO tend to work together and co-operate nicely when appropriate.

And yes, I do sort of agree that it's an awful shame when suckage from elsewhere spreads onto otherwise cool forums. As I've said before though, when supposedly the most popular IE modding site is exhibiting embarassing behaviour, I think it lets us all down, so it's difficult to isolate ourselves here and say nothing. It's the same reason it used to be depressing when people found TeamBG, read through a Ken rant, and decided IE modding wasn't for them. I guess maybe the best thing to do might still be to keep the arguments away from us, not least because it stops NiGHTMARE questioning the gender of passers by, which is always bad for business. Thus, I resolve not to argue about stuff like this on PPG henceforth. :D

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: