Author Topic: All NPC's in the beginning ?  (Read 2255 times)

Offline melora

• The Quiet Storm
  • Planewalker
  • I don't need your attitude, i have one of my own !
All NPC's in the beginning ?
« on: November 27, 2005, 11:59:44 PM »
its been a while since i download Tutu and some of the mods that go with it.  i thought i remembered a mod, or maybe part of a tweak pack, that made all the joinable NPC's available at the beginning of the game, possibly at the friendly arm inn, only now i cant find it or remmember the name of it.  i wanted to use it because i  plan to use the Coran romance and i dont want to have to wait til chapter 4 to have him in the party.  can anyone help me?  thanks
Somebody had to be me; it might as well be me.<br />-Charles Barkley

Offline Echon

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
    • The Fields of the Dead
Re: All NPC's in the beginning ?
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2005, 03:52:22 AM »
http://modlist.pocketplane.net/index.php?ax=list&cat_id=29
It is not made for Tutu, though, so I am not sure if it will work.

-Echon

Offline Marauder

• BGI fanboy and
  • Planewalker
  • Viking
    • Order of the Stick
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2005, 11:25:22 AM »
It may be rough, but it has a point. Why on earth are half the NPC's wandering around in the wilderness? Examples:

Kivan: why is he hanging out at the high hedge? he's 'spose to be hunting Tazok... Ok, maybe he's looking for help. But why look for help in an area with the grumpiest mage on the Sword Coast and a ton of skellys? no idea where he should be, though...

Shar-teel: pickin' a fight with every male stranger is cool enough. But why in an area stuffed with Basilisks? Should definetly be at the Nashkel market, looking to earn a quick coin and beating as many men as she can.

Eldoth: Is this guy trying to get the druids to help him get his bunny-lass? He should be sitting in a bar.

Tiax: Him in the streets is fine. But preacing to overthrow the leaders of..everywhere??... right infront of the FF is rather darft, even for a mental-case like him...

Is there anyone else?

Og yeah... Monty and Xzar are apparently on their way to Nashkel... so why are they on the road to Candlekeep? moving them out onto the Lion Way should make sense, no?
(http://i16.tinypic.com/2a6lgg9.gif)

Offline Ashara

• Tired
  • Planewalker
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2005, 12:18:40 PM »
Kivan hangs out in a very good place in the wilderness - were he can be accessed in the first few minutes of the game  8)

Anyway, Dorotea is making a component which gives 4 difficult to reach NPCs (Alora, Eldoth, Quayle and Tiax) new starting locations as a component to the BG1NPC mod. It is not exactly easy to move an NPC though.
Hang in there. I'll try to make you glad you did.
—George R.R. Martin

There is nothing better than imagining other worlds [...] to forget the painful one we live in. At least so I thought then. I hadn't yet realized that, imagining other worlds, you end up changing this one.
-Umberto Eco, Baudolino

Three mods you shall make - one too bad and one to dread and one to love.

Offline Marauder

• BGI fanboy and
  • Planewalker
  • Viking
    • Order of the Stick
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2005, 02:59:48 PM »
Still, it would make sense, wouldn't it?
(http://i16.tinypic.com/2a6lgg9.gif)

Offline melora

• The Quiet Storm
  • Planewalker
  • I don't need your attitude, i have one of my own !
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2005, 05:02:48 PM »
thanks for the link... i am afraid to try it though, since it isnt really for tutu and its not Weidu.  i will just have to be patient.
Somebody had to be me; it might as well be me.<br />-Charles Barkley

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: