Author Topic: Minotaur  (Read 10098 times)

Offline Avenger_teambg

• Planewalker
Re: Minotaur
« Reply #25 on: August 15, 2005, 03:36:25 PM »
Wow, where is it?

Offline Jackal

• Planewalker
  • ...I guess I'm a noob of all trades.
« Reply #26 on: August 15, 2005, 09:58:45 PM »
Hm, I guess it has gotten kinda messy huh. I'll clean it up soon.
flail, all the shields, leth arm, lg shield, and everything in the sent folder.
Anything there is safe to look at anyhow.

Offline Sir-Kill

• Planewalker
« Reply #27 on: August 16, 2005, 06:45:46 AM »
animamagic can make quick work of alot of this but it is still 10014 frames. the probablem is that I don't know when to make a new sequence or make it a new frame. my guess is that each letter (jackel was kind enough to number them nicely) is a new sequence? is this correct? each letter is a new direction. and each folder is a new bam. is this correct? ok if so maybe avenger can rename them better than I can, and prpbably center them ;) 

Jackel is everything as of aug 16 in the sent folder that needs to be in there?

maybe we can jump on irc and disscuss this in real time sometime

I noticed that there are not the same amount of files in SplintM2 (just looking at one of them) and some have 240 some only have 192 is this going to be a problem? I am not familar with animations much but is there not hardcoded issues with animations don't they all have to have the same count to replace an animation? I know that GermRB can handle this bit IE?
« Last Edit: August 16, 2005, 07:00:23 AM by Sir-Kill »
Apparently I am invisible

Offline Sir-Kill

• Planewalker
« Reply #28 on: August 16, 2005, 08:30:36 PM »
ok so I went ahead and bammed up SplintM2 as long as the way I described above is the correct way then we are sort of ok. what I mean by that is that avenger/someone else will have to change the first color pallet the blue green is not 0,151,151. it is off from that and of cource they will have to be centered.
BTW that file took me <2 hrs. so 1/12th done??

Offline Jackal

• Planewalker
« Reply #29 on: August 16, 2005, 11:35:57 PM »
Hey! progress!. Cool.
first color pallet the blue green is not 0,151,151
Wierd. Hm.. I had that problem before when coverting .pngs to .bmp. ( akin to unzipping)
and of cource they will have to be centered.
I was told they would be automaticly centered. I hope so, but that area is new to me.
each letter is a new sequence?
Ya. Each letter is a sequence for a specific direction.(16 directions).
Jackel is everything as of aug 16 in the sent folder that needs to be in there?
No, Stuff like the shields, and mabey some armour levels were added after. But all names are unique.
I noticed that there are not the same amount of files...some have 240 some have192
Some attacks take longer that others(eg; bow slower that sword.) so those have more frames in each seq. I was told that was ok. I'm hoping so....
 I'll clean up that ftp now, so it makes more sense. nothing other than Minotaur.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2005, 11:38:27 PM by Jackal »

Offline Avenger_teambg

• Planewalker
« Reply #30 on: August 17, 2005, 02:53:16 AM »
I tried to work on this, but there are several obstacles:

1. the animation slot: by default, the infinity engine uses the human animations for the half-orc. Exception is the paperdoll bam. This isn't a real roadblock, as the engine could be modified to use COMB* instead of CHMB* and COMW instead of CHMW. You just have to patch it in the correct places. I'll give the patch info soon.

2. I can't produce a paperdoll. DLTCEP lacks plt editing, so... I know some people managed plt, i didn't, yet.

3. current DLTCEP can't import bmp's. I've fixed this, but anyone using a recent version will get a single black frame. This will be fixed in the next version. Hope bamworkshop works :)

4. the bmp's provided use truecolor and also a bad palette. It is impossible to me to match the palette to the normal fake color palette character animations use. (This halted my efforts completely).

5. A good news: the centering/frame cutting tool in DLTCEP works. So, if someone creates a bam with constant sized frames, i could cut/center them up to work like the original anims.

Offline Sir-Kill

• Planewalker
« Reply #31 on: August 17, 2005, 07:09:36 AM »
4. the bmp's provided use truecolor and also a bad palette. It is impossible to me to match the palette to the normal fake color palette character animations use. (This halted my efforts completely).

5. A good news: the centering/frame cutting tool in DLTCEP works. So, if someone creates a bam with constant sized frames, i could cut/center them up to work like the original anims.

is that the clown colors or the transparent colors? um it is possible to script psp to change them but I'm not the best at it.

I think (of cource you would know better) it does not matter if the frames are the same it does take the actual center of the frame. I hope this works this way. we were converting d2 animations and they were not the same, I think it worked just fine.

here is one bam take a look. hope the link works
http://www.blackwyrmlair.net/~sk/backslash.bam

Offline Jackal

• Planewalker
« Reply #32 on: August 17, 2005, 07:12:42 AM »
I found the SplintM2 folder before zipping. Its transparent color seems 0,151,151 ok. What folders were corrupt? I could post them.

Offline Sir-Kill

• Planewalker
« Reply #33 on: August 17, 2005, 07:23:55 AM »
wow you are up early it is 6 there right?

all the files are messed but that might be my program (animamagic) doing that. did you save the colors in 256 color or 16mil?

Offline Jackal

• Planewalker
« Reply #34 on: August 17, 2005, 04:57:32 PM »
Ya, I'm up that early. Sucks. But its nice being done work at 3:30.
They are all 24 bit .bmp. Unfortunatly Blender didn't have any control over the color depth of its bmp renders.

Offline Sir-Kill

• Planewalker
« Reply #35 on: August 18, 2005, 04:46:49 AM »
this is why the transparent color doesn't work. but I think dltcep can fixthat with ease. what I need to know is if the clown colors will work.

avenger
this has me concerned and I can't proceed without knowing. is it the placement of the colors or the levels of the colors.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2005, 05:32:06 AM by Sir-Kill »

Offline Jackal

• Planewalker
« Reply #36 on: August 18, 2005, 07:07:32 AM »
That has me confused too. I wish Max had done it. I have faith in your skills, but he had a big head start.:P
http://www.dragonlancetc.com/forums/index.php?board=12;action=display;threadid=1039
The transparent color is the first palette entry in the BAM file. BAM Workshop imports only RGB 0, 151, 151 as transparent, which is why I mentioned it before. Once the transparent color is imported, we can change it to whatever we want in DLTCEP.
(1st page of that thread.)
It sounded simple then...
« Last Edit: August 18, 2005, 07:22:51 AM by Jackal »

Offline Avenger_teambg

• Planewalker
« Reply #37 on: August 18, 2005, 10:05:24 AM »
Hmm well, i wanted to add clown colours, even made it possible to use the half orc animation slot as a fully capable character animation :)

Since your files seem to support clown colours (even if the colours are not paletted and a bit faded), i didn't even think about using the minotaur slot (for example).

Since my graphical talents are near zero, i gave up on this anyway.

Offline Sir-Kill

• Planewalker
« Reply #38 on: August 18, 2005, 03:34:41 PM »
I am sorry avenger but I think that last post has me more confused than before.

I can bam them up. I could conceivably even change the clown colors tho this would require a bit of scripting in psp and a lot of luck. and what the colors need to be. Did you download the bam I loaded to ftp? and see what DLTCEP can do with the pallet? the color change MUST be done before the bamming. then on to the tranparency I am sure that dltcep can handle/convert that, am I wrong?

Offline Avenger_teambg

• Planewalker
« Reply #39 on: August 19, 2005, 03:22:44 AM »
I am sorry avenger but I think that last post has me more confused than before.

I can bam them up. I could conceivably even change the clown colors tho this would require a bit of scripting in psp and a lot of luck. and what the colors need to be. Did you download the bam I loaded to ftp? and see what DLTCEP can do with the pallet? the color change MUST be done before the bamming. then on to the tranparency I am sure that dltcep can handle/convert that, am I wrong?
You are confused because i talked to Jackal not you :)

I didn't download any bam from any ftp, i downloaded only jackal's files.
DLTCEP cannot do too much with the palette, except manual manipulations. (swapping colors or altering them).
It can move the transparent color automatically (by order palette), but that would mix up all the rest.
You can also move the transparent colour by hand.

I think the fake coloured anims don't use the palette values, they use only the palette positions.
Thus it is very important to assign each shade of each colour gradient to the right palette slot.

[edit]
Looking at the backslash.bam: it has 3 problems

1 - transparent colour has been moved away - I did fix this
2 - shadow colour has been moved away - It is fixable similarly, but there are 2 similar colours and i couldn't determine which is the shadow
3 - the palette entries are all mixed up - can't help this

Probably it is possible to do the 3rd but I need to write new code.

It is really annoying that BamWorkshop overwrites the first 2 palette entries but couldn't match them in imported bmp's. It is quite easy to tell which bams were produced by BWS: magenta shadows. heheh.

« Last Edit: August 19, 2005, 04:21:09 AM by Avenger_teambg »

Offline Sir-Kill

• Planewalker
« Reply #40 on: August 19, 2005, 05:10:05 AM »
well I don't know if this helps but this is a sample of what psp can do.
First I took and changed the colors around. Easy open set and close.
Second I bumped the hue on the green and the yellow.
As you can see the minitor is a bit taller than it should be I can resize this.
here is a pic.
(http://forums.blackwyrmlair.net/uploads/post-82-1124447253.jpg)
« Last Edit: August 19, 2005, 05:28:04 AM by Sir-Kill »

Offline Ghreyfain

• Planewalker
    • Pocket Plane Group
« Reply #41 on: August 19, 2005, 07:13:08 AM »
I think the brightness of the yellow/green was better in the first pic.  Also, blue corresponds to the "leather" colour, doesn't it?  Actually, no wait, red is leather, that's right.
Earn Money Sleeping.

Offline Sir-Kill

• Planewalker
« Reply #42 on: August 19, 2005, 08:10:05 AM »
it is hard to tell from the small image but the new green and yellow look closer to the human? clown colors. and the blue is heavy armor ;)

Offline Avenger_teambg

• Planewalker
« Reply #43 on: August 19, 2005, 01:20:19 PM »
As i previously said, the colour is really irrelevant.
Position is what you need to nail down.
Check the palette of an original bam  and one you made to see what i mean.

Offline Sir-Kill

• Planewalker
« Reply #44 on: August 22, 2005, 06:42:53 AM »
I checked the link to DLTC that jackel posted about maxs pallet assignment but is there any other place that I can get that info? because I do not understand what is involved/required.

IF I had to do all this manualy there is no possible way that I could do this. it would have to be done in 3d. hoping jackel saved his original files. the only thing that I did was to shift the colors blue to red, red to blue, ect.

Offline Jackal

• Planewalker
« Reply #45 on: August 24, 2005, 06:58:32 AM »
...I hate clown colors....
I do have the models, but now i'm way too busy to re-run them all.
If they can't work, then I'm sorry I wasted your time.
Such a pity Bioware didn't just use alpha graphics ;)

Offline Sir-Kill

• Planewalker
« Reply #46 on: August 24, 2005, 07:57:45 AM »
I hear you.
it sucks that this might have to shelved at the moment. but maybe when you do have time. it is to much work to just get tossed in the trash.
anyway when you do get back to it I'll help if I can.

Offline fistandantulus

• Planewalker
« Reply #47 on: September 21, 2005, 09:58:19 PM »
do you still have the original blender files? cause im learning to use blender and having a completed model to play with would be fun...

Offline Jackal

• Planewalker
« Reply #48 on: September 22, 2005, 05:28:53 PM »
Sure. Its in my public ftp.
http://www3.telus.net/public/pamric/
You may want the Minotaur.blend, the DLMin.rar, and mabey that BlendTut folder. ( a tutorial specificly for this kind of animation.)
Of course, being in my public ftp folder, you are free to browse.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: