Author Topic: Can someone help me with Grim Fandango?  (Read 2220 times)

Offline melora

• The Quiet Storm
  • Planewalker
  • I don't need your attitude, i have one of my own !
Can someone help me with Grim Fandango?
« on: September 01, 2005, 09:40:32 PM »
Please, i dont know where else to turn.  i just got Grim Fandango and cant run it on Win XP.  i followed all the suggestions on the gamefaqs board and on the Lucas Arts board, i tried running it in Win 98 compatiblity mode, used the task manager to disable one CPU and patched the game twice.  i posted on the Lucas Arts forum, but got no response.  i read somewhere that i could disable hyper threading when i boot the computer, but will i need to do anything to "re able it" next time i use the PC or does it enable automatically?  i dont know if anyone here even plays this game, but i know this is the place i get the most help on other issues so i figured it was worth a shot.  thanks to anyone who has a suggestion.

help me obi wan kenobi,, you're my only hope !!
Somebody had to be me; it might as well be me.<br />-Charles Barkley

Offline cliffette

• Timmins Tragic
  • Planewalker
  • I still like Neighbours
Re: Can someone help me with Grim Fandango?
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2005, 03:23:34 AM »
This is a completely unhelpful response to say that it worked fine on my Windows XP (Prof) system.
Maybe try reinstalling? Or are your CDs not working at all? If you post the error message it could help.

PS- And it's worth all the trouble. :)

Offline discharger12

• Truth?
  • Planewalker
  • k
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2005, 10:47:27 PM »
If you still have the reciept, you can always return it for a full refund, or possibly a new CD.  :)

Offline melora

• The Quiet Storm
  • Planewalker
  • I don't need your attitude, i have one of my own !
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2005, 11:33:36 PM »
i bought it used on ebay, so i cant return it.   i dont get an error message at all, but the game freezes after every few steps manny takes... it took me an hour to walk him from his office to the garage!  i have windows xp pro, 1 gig of RAM, Pentium 4, 3.6 mhz.  the freeze is temporary, btw, its like stuttering.   people on the Lucas Arts forum have had the same issue and say it is because of hyper threading, but the solutions they gave didnt work for me... maybe re installing will help.  i havent had time this week to try it, but i will over the weekend.
thanks for the help.
Somebody had to be me; it might as well be me.<br />-Charles Barkley

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: