Author Topic: Feedback - Ust Natha Accelerator - Seamless?  (Read 11376 times)

Offline Zyraen

• Planewalker
Feedback - Ust Natha Accelerator - Seamless?
« on: September 11, 2005, 10:17:34 PM »
Just wondering how "seamless" the Ust Nath Accelerator is :) Feel free to post here as well if you have used the stand-alone version before. "Seamless" means without 4th wall breaking elements, ie playing as if it were part of the game without having shown much signs of being modded and without giving a hint of telling the player "Hey, this is just a game.".

Do also comment on if the NPC interjections etc that should occur do occur when using the Accelerated Path.

For those who aren't sure about the Accelerator, it provides an Alternate Route that plays much quicker :) It does NOT overwrite the default storyline route through Ust Natha, it only adds a choice.
(http://www.geocities.com/arkevaul/btlbn2.gif)
SoA Release - Love between a Law Enforcer and a Fugitive - can such a thing even happen?

Zyraen's Miscellaneous Mods - Ust Natha Accelerator, item tweaks, & more

ronin

Re: Feedback - Ust Natha Accelerator - Seamless?
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2005, 11:54:00 AM »
I dont know if i am the only one to have the problem but when I used the accelerator and went back to the dragon to give her her eggs she acted as tho it was the first meeting.  I had to talk to her twice to trigger the second "give eggs" meeting.

ronin

Offline Zyraen

• Planewalker
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2005, 10:19:21 PM »
Having looked up my code first to make sure, I can say that Ust Natha Accelerator does not change a single bit of Adalon's DLG file or coding or anything, so the problem is probably caused by some other reason.

There is only *one* condition that can cause Adaon to speak as if you had never spoken to her before (unless some Mod changed her DLG file), and that is IF you have never talked to her before, and it shouldn't be possible to enter Ust Natha without having ever spoken to her before.
SoA Release - Love between a Law Enforcer and a Fugitive - can such a thing even happen?

Offline K. Lou of Combs

• Resident Nutcase
  • Planewalker
    • The Randomest Website Ever
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2005, 10:40:09 PM »
I dont know if i am the only one to have the problem but when I used the accelerator and went back to the dragon to give her her eggs she acted as tho it was the first meeting.  I had to talk to her twice to trigger the second "give eggs" meeting.

ronin

That has happened to me, as well, but it has nothing to do with Zyraen's accelerater, I can tell you that much.
"Without my glasses, I see the world as it really is: kinda blurry."

The stupidest, silliest mod in progress is right here:
The Mary Sue NPC Mod

Offline Zyraen

• Planewalker
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2005, 04:13:18 AM »
So, what is the thing that causes that effect?

ronin

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2005, 05:54:02 AM »
It could be the Yasraena mod, when I went back to Adalon (sp?) to give her the eggs and she acted like it was our first meeting and then I talked to her again and she said she would get me out of Ust, Yasraena acted as tho we left without Davalier and left the party, although I had found and did the quest for Davalier.  Other than that minor problem the Accelerator is an awesome mod and saved me alot of "CTRL+J'ing" my way around the underdark.

ronin

Offline Zyraen

• Planewalker
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2005, 08:17:10 AM »
Thanks Ronin :) For the positive comment.

For yourself and others who have played the Accelerator, did you guys find it "Seamless" ?
As in, did it feel like something modded into the game, or was it smooth and naturally in flow with the story?
« Last Edit: September 18, 2005, 10:16:24 PM by Zyraen »

Offline Minarvia

• Planewalker
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2006, 12:29:11 AM »
Game spoilers -

I just tried this out for the first time, and it is VERY seamless, imho.  I usually skip the tavern battles, but this time I did them and it was worth it to skip the leaving the City twice crap.  I really enjoyed this.  I also liked that you could leave at the end of the quests there if you wanted.  I stayed, tho.  But it is really cool to have the option.  You really thought this out well, Zyraen.  Thanks!  Oh, the demon didn't speak after the ritual - is that normal?  I just picked up the loot and left.  No harm done, really.  Just thought I'd mention it if anyone else has had him be silent.

Offline berelinde

• Planewalker
    • Gavin, cleric of Lathander, for Tutu
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2006, 12:29:56 PM »
Had a slight hiccup once when the imp offered to take me straight to Adalon after the egg switch, but my game was so hopelessly broken at that time, I'm surprised I made it that far. Usually, tho, I go to watch the fireworks and scoop up that cool Gorgon plate!

In case you're wondering, my game was broken because I was trying to run with more than one fixpack installed. It had nothing to do with the accelartor.

Offline Minarvia

• Planewalker
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2006, 10:07:39 PM »
Had a slight hiccup once when the imp offered to take me straight to Adalon after the egg switch, but my game was so hopelessly broken at that time, I'm surprised I made it that far. Usually, tho, I go to watch the fireworks and scoop up that cool Gorgon plate!

In case you're wondering, my game was broken because I was trying to run with more than one fixpack installed. It had nothing to do with the accelartor.

I have to get that Gorgon Plate, too!  Also, I love the way the Matron Mother sounds when she is fried.
Well, I don't think I have any fixpacks installed save for the official and baldurdash.  But I do have a lot of mods, so I won't assume for certain that my silent demon is because of the accelerator.  But if others had it, then it may be.  But again, it is so harmless it doesn't really matter.  I just like the shortened Ust Natha thing very much! 

Offline Riviera

• Insanity and Randomness Incarnate
  • Planewalker
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2006, 10:30:52 PM »
I thought it was seamless.

It is logical that a fe/male with such obvious prowess in battle would be useful to Phaere and Mother Ardulace.
NPC favorites:

Xan
Kivan
Solaufein
Tsujatha

Note that they are all elves <3

trooper

« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2007, 10:09:53 AM »
 hey guys i'm in need of serious aid.
 i killed the silver dragon in the dark cave in underdark, so i cant enter ust natha . i have no load game before i kill her. so is there any alternative way to enter drow city without disguise of dragon. i tried the ctrl+6 cheat to change my apperance to drow but still the door doesnt open. so how can i enter the city ?

Offline SixOfSpades

• Planewalker
    • Volothamp's Comeuppance
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2007, 09:54:12 AM »
Short answer, trooper: You're screwed. There's no legal way to get in.

Longer answer: If you're childish, you'll throw a hissyfit about immediate gratification, and how you deserve all that EXP, even though that cheat will cause a good number of variables to be messed up for all the rest of your game. But if you're mature and restrained, you'll know enough to be accountable for your actions, and you'll wait until your next game to see the wonders of Ust Natha.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: