Author Topic: A noncomforist cd  (Read 4499 times)

Offline Mistress of Magic

• Novice
  • Planewalker
A noncomforist cd
« on: August 31, 2005, 09:51:01 PM »
Errrr... I know this will sound like a really pathetic question, but my computer refuses to reconize my BG2 cd. My cd is perfect, with no scratches; yet is remains unreadable. (SIGH) If anyone knows what's going on, I'd really really be grateful for your feedback  ;D
Life... Is Strength- "The Shattered One"

Offline Borsook

• off topic
  • Planewalker
  • not a badger
Re: A noncomforist cd
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2005, 01:01:59 AM »
Errrr... I know this will sound like a really pathetic question, but my computer refuses to reconize my BG2 cd. My cd is perfect, with no scratches; yet is remains unreadable. (SIGH) If anyone knows what's going on, I'd really really be grateful for your feedback  ;D
We probably don't, but just in case: what system do you use and have you tried reinstalling the game? BTW if you want that [size] to work you have to put text in between ] and [
"Borsook seems like a pretty cool guy who offers his insight where appropriate... just very, very frequently." - Imrahil

Borsook's Chambers - Home of Borsook's Mods

Offline Mistress of Magic

• Novice
  • Planewalker
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2005, 07:50:18 PM »
Ha Ha, Thanks I'll keep that in mind. I have Windows 98, and yes I uninstalled BG2 and Throne of Bhaal; I also cleared out my overrride folder from all those mods I no longer use. It's strange though, because this has never happened to me before  ::)
Life... Is Strength- "The Shattered One"

Offline Andyr

• Dance Commander
  • Planewalker
    • The Gibberlings Three IE mod community
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2005, 08:07:07 PM »
Also, you don't need to use a size tag before you type text to post. :) The forum automatically formats it to a standard size, as you can see from our posts.
"We are the Gibberlings Three, as merry a band as you ever did see..." - Home of IE mods

<jcompton> Suggested plugs include "Click here so Compton doesn't ban me. http://www.pocketplane.net/ub"

I am unfortunately not often about these days so the best way to get hold of me is via email.

Offline BevH

• Beware the Wrath of a Teenage Tiefling
  • Planewalker
  • Your infernal taste for horseplay...
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2005, 10:43:59 PM »
Also, you don't need to use a size tag before you type text to post. :) The forum automatically formats it to a standard size, as you can see from our posts.
Well, for those of us whose eyesight isn't so good any more, this is just fine...  ;D
~Bev~ (http://pages.prodigy.net/bah53/_images/angelsmiley.gif)

Hop on over to Gibberlings Three for Aklon, Delainy and:

(http://pages.prodigy.net/bah53/_images/Tiefbanner.jpg)

Offline Borsook

• off topic
  • Planewalker
  • not a badger
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2005, 01:22:40 AM »
Well, for those of us whose eyesight isn't so good any more, this is just fine...  ;D
Then use text zoom in your browser! (unless you use MSIE) BTW sorry for answering seriously to a joke, trying to get my post count to 666.
"Borsook seems like a pretty cool guy who offers his insight where appropriate... just very, very frequently." - Imrahil

Offline Andyr

• Dance Commander
  • Planewalker
    • The Gibberlings Three IE mod community
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2005, 01:18:37 PM »
Then at 666 you'll stop posting? ;)
"We are the Gibberlings Three, as merry a band as you ever did see..." - Home of IE mods

<jcompton> Suggested plugs include "Click here so Compton doesn't ban me. http://www.pocketplane.net/ub"

I am unfortunately not often about these days so the best way to get hold of me is via email.

Offline Borsook

• off topic
  • Planewalker
  • not a badger
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2005, 03:00:10 PM »
Yes, that is a possibility. I'll have G3 to go for another 666.
PS. 5 more to go. :pirate

Offline Dark Raven

• Bloody Cynical
  • Planewalker
  • Flesh is the law
    • Chosen of Mystra
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2005, 06:59:08 PM »
I did at another forum for a while. It was soooo cool.
Per me si va nella citta dolente.
Per me si va nell eterno dolore.
Per me si va tra la perduta gente...
Lasciate ogni speranza perduta che'entrate!

Chosen of Mystra home to many mods.

Offline Borsook

• off topic
  • Planewalker
  • not a badger
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2005, 11:57:14 PM »
I did at another forum for a while. It was soooo cool.
And you can do it at PPG now!
PS. Sorry for thread hijack.
PPS. 4 to go.

Offline Azazello

• The Anti-Spammer
  • Planewalker
    • Azazello’s Music Profile at Last.fm
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2005, 02:51:05 AM »
And you were able to reach that number in under 5 months! Taken me over a year and still not at a 100.
Community Contributions
Level 1 NPCs * gMinion: expanded TP2 for MegaInstalls * PSM (PSQM): expanded scripts for Melanthium * non-detectable Cloak of Non-Detection ?? * Weimer's-Tactics: revised TP2 for MegaInstalls
========================================
"Deception has many faces. Truth...has only one."

Offline Borsook

• off topic
  • Planewalker
  • not a badger
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2005, 04:36:06 AM »
And you were able to reach that number in under 5 months! Taken me over a year and still not at a 100.
Silly, meaningless posts help. Like this one. 2 to go. ;D

Offline NiGHTMARE

• Idiot
  • Planewalker
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2005, 07:51:35 AM »
Then use text zoom in your browser! (unless you use MSIE) BTW sorry for answering seriously to a joke, trying to get my post count to 666.
Not that I use or like IE (I'm one of those extremely rare people who still use Netscape (which had tabs and pop-up blocking before Firefox even existed, damn it :D!)), but it does have such an option.  It's simply called "Text Size" rather than "Zoom", and is in the "View" menu.
The Gibberlings Three - home to the BG1 NPC Project, BG2 Tweak Pack, Divine Remix, GemRB, Lands of Intrigue, Song & Silence, and many more!

Offline Borsook

• off topic
  • Planewalker
  • not a badger
« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2005, 09:35:49 AM »
Not that I use or like IE (I'm one of those extremely rare people who still use Netscape (which had tabs and pop-up blocking before Firefox even existed, damn it :D!)), but it does have such an option.  It's simply called "Text Size" rather than "Zoom", and is in the "View" menu.
Different browsers, different names. Personally I think the best implemented zoom function is in Opera.
PS. Coming up next - 666

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: