Author Topic: Video Manipulation?  (Read 1687 times)

Offline SimDing0™

• Back In Black
  • Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • Word Enhancer
Video Manipulation?
« on: August 22, 2005, 09:06:48 AM »
Does anybody know of any freeware tools which can merge DivX AVIs? All the stuff I've come across so far is trial versions which put a horrible watermark all over the output. Thanks.

Offline DoughyGuy

• Plaid: It's What's For Dinner!
  • Planewalker
  • Rattle-rattle, thunder, clatter, boom-boom-boom!
Re: Video Manipulation?
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2005, 02:51:17 AM »
Not entirely sure, but I think you can do so with VirtualDub... I've used it to merge non-Divx AVI's, and it is able to play said Divx AVI's, so one would assume it can merge those too...

www.virtualdub.org

<BDG>
"That's right! I'm DoughyGuy! I control the world's supply of dairy products! Steak is my ally! Butter does my bidding! Sour cream bows down before me in total abject terror! "

Visit the Land Of The DoughyGuy!

Offline Borsook

• off topic
  • Planewalker
  • not a badger
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2005, 03:21:32 AM »
Yes, virtual dub is the way to go, unless the file you have in mind is a wma or mov, though I'd personally use one of the modifications like - virtualdubmod.sf.net BTW when it comes to video merging it's rather the container (e.g. avi) that matters not the codec used for compression.
"Borsook seems like a pretty cool guy who offers his insight where appropriate... just very, very frequently." - Imrahil

Borsook's Chambers - Home of Borsook's Mods

Offline underdog

• Planewalker
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2005, 03:43:40 PM »
www.doom9.net goto download on left
check out those. dl link for virtualdub is also listed there
!lanimret siht edisni deppart ma I !pleH

Offline SimDing0™

• Back In Black
  • Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • Word Enhancer
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2005, 05:06:05 PM »
Thanks for the suggestions. Virtual Dub seems to sorta work, although it doesn't recognize the sound codec (LAME or something), and wants to output an uncompressed AVI which means the resulting file would be sized around 10GB. The doom9 link looks to have a lot of stuff for me to look through. Does anybody have any idea how to solve the sound issue with Virtual Dub, though? I can probably scrape together 10GB if push comes to shove.

Offline Borsook

• off topic
  • Planewalker
  • not a badger
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2005, 12:04:49 AM »
Thanks for the suggestions. Virtual Dub seems to sorta work, although it doesn't recognize the sound codec (LAME or something), and wants to output an uncompressed AVI which means the resulting file would be sized around 10GB. The doom9 link looks to have a lot of stuff for me to look through. Does anybody have any idea how to solve the sound issue with Virtual Dub, though? I can probably scrape together 10GB if push comes to shove.
As I said try using Virtual Dub Mod, you'll get better codec compatibility. Lame means mp3, as I said I don't use normal dub but it's impossible that it doesn't recognise mp3. OK, in VDM it's on the "save as" screen, in normal one you probably have to dig deaper - look for compression option and change them to "direct stream copy" (possibly in VD you may have to do it separetly for video and audio). And problem solved. If not post again ;)
"Borsook seems like a pretty cool guy who offers his insight where appropriate... just very, very frequently." - Imrahil

Offline SimDing0™

• Back In Black
  • Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • Word Enhancer
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2005, 01:49:38 PM »
Ah, Virtual Dub Mod seems to work perfectly, thanks!

Offline Borsook

• off topic
  • Planewalker
  • not a badger
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2005, 02:09:58 PM »
Ah, Virtual Dub Mod seems to work perfectly, thanks!
Great! Yet again modded thing is better than unmodded one. As always. ;D