Author Topic: BG1UB Bugthread  (Read 3383 times)

Offline jastey

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
BG1UB Bugthread
« on: January 18, 2020, 04:24:37 PM »
Please post any problems you encounter with the mod here, and specify which game version you are playing and whether you used an automated installer for installation.

Offline Felipe

• Planewalker
Re: BG1UB Bugthread
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2021, 11:27:05 AM »
Since you asked to post here instead elsewhere i'll do it.  :P

A description is wrong: i used the version 16.0 (played the EE in 2019 i believe), there it says in the quest about the ogre magi that he is in the southwest corner of the map but using baldur's gate as a place of reference i found him in the south-southeast area of the map (i forgot the name of the place unfortunately).

Other than that i dont remember any bugs except the name of beregost being "overwritten" by the name of the next location to it but i believe it's beamdog's fault.  :P

Thank you very much to everyone involved in one way or another for all your work with the mod.
Core i7 Sandy Bridge 1.8 Ghz - 4 GB RAM - Windows 7 x64 - Intel HD 2000

Offline jastey

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2021, 02:19:49 AM »
Thanks for the report!

No bug reports are lost although it might take a while until we come back to them. If we do not react in a timely fashion it's mostly because RL and other modding activities keep us busy, but all bug reports will be considered eventually.

Offline Felipe

• Planewalker
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2021, 09:09:47 AM »
No bug reports are lost although it might take a while until we come back to them. If we do not react in a timely fashion it's mostly because RL and other modding activities keep us busy, but all bug reports will be considered eventually.

I understand, real life plus other problems can surely be a burden. :/

Btw, the place where the ogre magi could be is peldvale or larswood, you could update the dialogs/journal to say that or just say south-southeast of Baldur's Gate to add a mistery to this. ;)
« Last Edit: October 03, 2023, 06:48:23 PM by Felipe »

Offline jastey

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2021, 10:50:53 AM »
Will do! It's on the list. Thanks for reporting!

Offline Salk

• Planewalker
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2021, 01:00:34 PM »
jastey,

there were a couple of issues with the Kivan and Tazok component.

I think I remedied both.

I have attached a replacement file at SHS where the bug was reported by Andrea C. Link: http://www.shsforums.net/topic/61065-bug-with-tazok-raiken/?p=611114

EDIT: It may actually be a false alarm. skellytz says he can fix this on the BGT side.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2021, 11:20:59 PM by Salk »

Offline jastey

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2021, 09:11:34 AM »
v16.4 is up that optimizes the compatibility with BGT. The Tazok interjection should no longer prevent Tazok getting hostile in BGT.

Offline Felipe

• Planewalker
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2023, 06:56:33 PM »
Will do! It's on the list. Thanks for reporting!

Hi, i checked the 3 changelogs after the version 16.0

Version 16.1

Russian version completed by d0lphin.
    Component "Additional Elminster Encounter" will be skipped for BGT (encounter is already restored in BGT)
    Component "Coran and the Wyverns" will be skipped for BGT: Wyvern is already unique, and dialogue fix currently destroys Coran's greetings dialogue.
    "Chapter 6 Dialogue Restorations": Watch on 6th floor should not constantly try to talk to the PC.
    Readme renamed to README.bg1ub.english.html.
    bg1ub.ini with mod info added.

Version 16.2

Re-eabled Coran and The Wyvern component for BGT
    Svlast will be at his place at all times of day.
    Moved NimFurlwing and her dogs further south to make the encounter compatible with Aurora Shoes and Boots which spawns a great horde of monsters where bg1ub placed the Furlwing encounter originally.
    Chapter 6 Dialogue Restorations: Watch on level 6 will now have same random dialogue as the watches on the other library levels (spawn watch9.cre instead of custom version of watch2).

Version 16.3

Update and correction of Russian translation by d0lphin.

Version 16.4

Changed syntax of Kivan's interjection with Tazok to make it more stable (I_C_T instead of I_C_T2).
    Spanish version updated and completed by OmegaZeroVIII.
    Corrected entry for "Beregost_House08_L2" in cpmvars.tpas.
    Readme updated.

And i didnt find a fix to the problem i reported above, was there a problem? I mean, it's just a fix for a wrong description about the ogre-magi's location.

Offline jastey

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2023, 11:26:24 AM »
Probably not.
I'd need someone who confirms this, also with respect to BGT. I have the slight suspicion that EE moved the areas around on the worldmap, so before I'll call in translations for a changed description I need to make sure which games it's valid for.
Simple explanation is that bg1ub's updates were kind of combined efforts so I also forgot about the description issue.

Offline Felipe

• Planewalker
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2023, 09:19:59 AM »
I undestand, i didnt know beamdog changed the locations.

Btw, is there a list anywhere of the things that remain to be restored in BG 1, SOD and BG 2? Depending of their number (and the release of EEFixpack) i might be tempted to go back to play those again. :)

Offline jastey

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2023, 08:47:43 AM »
Oof, I'd need to dig through the forums and mod readme myself to answer that. I think that all (bg1)ub forums are public, though (? can you see UB workroom?).
For SoD, there is only one thing I found so far, a planned extension on the thieves guild in the big coalition camps as stated here:
https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/comment/1202481/#Comment_1202481

Offline Felipe

• Planewalker
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2023, 05:12:57 PM »
Oof, I'd need to dig through the forums and mod readme myself to answer that. I think that all (bg1)ub forums are public, though (? can you see UB workroom?).

Yes but most of discussions there are dead. Btw, i noticed a discussion about the ogre magi started by astrobryguy there.

For SoD, there is only one thing I found so far, a planned extension on the thieves guild in the big coalition camps as stated here:
https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/comment/1202481/#Comment_1202481

Cool, i hope this is restored. :)

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: