Author Topic: Fix: Arkanis appearing during Bodhi's quests  (Read 1998 times)

Offline chronoshift

• Planewalker
Fix: Arkanis appearing during Bodhi's quests
« on: August 14, 2005, 05:00:12 AM »
With the "Additional Shadow Thieves Content" portion of the mod installed:

After siding with Bodhi in Chapter 3, when I go near the Shadow Thief Headquarters (before seizing the Shadow Thief Shipment), the door guard gives his little "ye've made a mistake..." speech and then an invincible, invisible Arkanis Gath shows up and kills the PC (slowly).

So I reloaded and I thought I'd avoid the HQ until I killed Arkanis at the dockside. I take the long way through the Docks and vulnerable Arkanis shows up and I kill him. Later, when I'm on Bodhi's second quest, I go to the HQ, the guard makes his ironically prophetic speech again, and this time an invulnerable, invisible assassin with a short sword of instant-pc-death shows up and kills the PC (quickly). I can never read his name because I die too fast--but his sword sure is shiny.

Anyway, after uninstalling the Shadow Thieves part of the mod, I reloaded my game and the assassin didn't show. I figured that everyone who installed the mod would side with the Shadow Thieves in Chapter 3 so that they could exercise the option of betraying them to Brega in Chapter 6, so it wouldn't get noticed too quickly.

Despite this little mishap, I love this mod. Keep up the good work!
« Last Edit: August 19, 2005, 07:24:17 AM by SimDing0™ »

Offline SimDing0™

• Back In Black
  • Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • Word Enhancer
Re: Bug Report (Ch3 Siding with Bodhi)
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2005, 03:58:23 PM »
Oops, sorry! I think I've fixed this. I'll upload a new version soon, but for now, can you try extracting the attached archive to your override folder and see if it solves the problem? You shouldn't need a new game, it should take effect immediately.

Offline chronoshift

• Planewalker
Re: Bug Report (Ch3 Siding with Bodhi)
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2005, 01:49:17 PM »
Yup. Solved the problem. Thanks.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: