Author Topic: Windspear Hills Knights Illusion and New Dryad Options?  (Read 4144 times)

vminytewulf97

Windspear Hills Knights Illusion and New Dryad Options?
« on: August 12, 2005, 10:15:23 AM »
Just recently began playing BGIISOA again for the first time in bout 3 or 4 years. Played through one time and decided i needed to find some mods or something to spice it up. I found this one as well as a plethora of others, needless to say i extremely satisfied with all the new content and such. But...on to the questions. I have dispelled the Windspear Knights illusion but they are still hostile, are they supposed to remain hostile? And the new dryad acorn options...what exactly does that do? I've talked to the dryad I'm supposed to give the acorns to but havent found any new dialogues or what have you.

Offline Bons

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • Glad Corvis Isn't Dead Club
Re: Windspear Hills Knights Illusion and New Dryad Options?
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2005, 08:09:57 PM »
And the new dryad acorn options...what exactly does that do? I've talked to the dryad I'm supposed to give the acorns to but havent found any new dialogues or what have you.

Which dryad did you talk to? If you go straight to Vaelasa in the Windspear Hills and hand off the acorns like usual, you skip the Quest Pack-added material. An encounter is added to the area outside De'Arnise Keep that opens other options related to the acorns.

P.S. I haven't thanked Ding0 for fixing the expanded acorns from the pathetic mess I sent to him post-IM4. Thank you, Ding0! Plus, I love Edwin's added interjections!  :-*

Newt had always suspected that people who regularly used the word "community" were using it in a very specific sense that excluded him and everyone he knew.

--Neil Gaiman, Terry Pratchett, "Good Omens"

Offline SimDing0™

• Back In Black
  • Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • Word Enhancer
Re: Windspear Hills Knights Illusion and New Dryad Options?
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2005, 10:34:23 AM »
But...on to the questions. I have dispelled the Windspear Knights illusion but they are still hostile, are they supposed to remain hostile?
You've dispelled their illusions, yes, but they still think you're ogres/gnolls/demi-liches. They weren't prepared to listen to reason earlier on, and shouting "Hey, you're knights!" doesn't change anything. You do get some XP for being smart, though. :)

And the new dryad acorn options...what exactly does that do? I've talked to the dryad I'm supposed to give the acorns to but havent found any new dialogues or what have you.
As Bons says. Head down to around 3200.3470 in the De'Arnise Keep area. I see the readme is pretty unclear about what you have to do to see anything new here. Sorry about that.

P.S. I haven't thanked Ding0 for fixing the expanded acorns from the pathetic mess I sent to him post-IM4. Thank you, Ding0! Plus, I love Edwin's added interjections!
Well, no problem (and thank YOU for letting me use it), but I think the interjects are vintage Compton.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: