Author Topic: I am interested in any and all criticism!  (Read 120575 times)

flem

Re: I am interested in any and all criticism!
« Reply #25 on: August 28, 2005, 04:13:33 PM »
Hm, some of the Bio quest rewards are pretty odd too.  The first Harper quest, for example - yikes!  So who knows.

Anyway, typo in the Galoomp quest -- when you offer the ring, one of your options is
"Whatever you could give in reutnr without be most welcome."

flem

« Reply #26 on: August 28, 2005, 04:18:28 PM »
Also, Kram doesn't actually take the ring!

Offline SimDing0™

• Back In Black
  • Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • Word Enhancer
« Reply #27 on: August 29, 2005, 07:47:40 AM »
I'm only in Chapter 2. But aren't the rewards for the loan shark quests a bit... high? 12K/char for the first bit (just chatting the guy up), and about twice that for the child recovery? I'm not big on xp nerfing, but 5 and 12k/char feel more right (i.e., in line with current quests) to me.
Huh. Yeh, some of the rewards are pretty wacky. I was probably basing them on some of the more ridiculous Bioware XP rewards. I'll take another look for the next release, thanks.

Also, it's a bit curious that my shadow thief connections (got the thief stronghold) don't get me anything on a guy who seems to be encroaching on guild turf. But maybe this is explained later.
Well, Celile's pretty elusive, and the Shadow Thieves do have Bodhi to contend with. However, he should probably suffer more in C6, and I don't see why the player can't report him to them. Will add.

I'll fix the other minor stuff you found.

1) What kind of spell do you have to use to dispel the illusions on the Knights? I have tried True Seeing from a cleric, and True Sight from a Inquisitor. I don't remember if I have tried it from a mage.
Both of those should work. I'm sure I tried Inquisitor's True Sight, at least. Will check again. Mage really really definitely should work, unless I broke it somehow.

2) I installed the Revised Hell Trials, tool all the good - aligned paths when I went through the test. My reward was getting a changed alignment to Lawful Evil? Anyone else who have experienced this bug?
Are you sure you did all the good paths? Killing the dragon is a common mistake here. I'll double check this anyway.

Offline Hide and Seek

• The one who wields the Blackrazor
  • Planewalker
  • I always begin my day with a good backstab.
« Reply #28 on: August 29, 2005, 12:30:32 PM »
Are you sure you did all the good paths? Killing the dragon is a common mistake here. I'll double check this anyway.
Let see, I pitied Sarevok, I "stole" the Tear from the Genie instead of giving him the Blackrazor or kill him, I did not sacrifice Minsc in the southern cave, and I refused the Nymph Cloak, and did not kill the Dragon.

Maybe my mods screw it up somehow. Anyway, it works fine enough without the revised trials.
I like the new quest packs, although I wonder if you gotta have Valygar in your party to find the evil Gnome in the docks?
Favourite Quotes from BG2
Minsc: Minsc will lead with blade and boot! Boo will take care of the details.
Saemon: Pardon?
Aerie: This is gonna hurt you ALOT more than me!
Sarevok: Now I return the favor!
Drizzt: Yes, yes, you have my attention.
Lilarcor: And this one's for Grandma, who said I would never amount to anything more than a butterknife!

Offline SimDing0™

• Back In Black
  • Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • Word Enhancer
« Reply #29 on: August 31, 2005, 05:43:14 AM »
Wait, you pickpocketted the tear from the genie? It's a BG2 bug that it's possible, and I wouldn't be surprised if it caused problems with the alignment change at the end.

Evil gnome in the docks? Perhaps you're thinking of Tactics?

Offline Hide and Seek

• The one who wields the Blackrazor
  • Planewalker
  • I always begin my day with a good backstab.
« Reply #30 on: August 31, 2005, 12:46:23 PM »
Wait, you pickpocketted the tear from the genie? It's a BG2 bug that it's possible, and I wouldn't be surprised if it caused problems with the alignment change at the end.

Evil gnome in the docks? Perhaps you're thinking of Tactics?
Damn. I mixed up the mods again.
Favourite Quotes from BG2
Minsc: Minsc will lead with blade and boot! Boo will take care of the details.
Saemon: Pardon?
Aerie: This is gonna hurt you ALOT more than me!
Sarevok: Now I return the favor!
Drizzt: Yes, yes, you have my attention.
Lilarcor: And this one's for Grandma, who said I would never amount to anything more than a butterknife!

Offline TH Elliot

• Planewalker
« Reply #31 on: September 12, 2005, 11:20:57 PM »
Moiya's gone into panic mode and won't come out.  She went into panic mode during the kidnapping.  I spoke to the thug, but didn't pay.  Saved the little girl in the crypt and sent her home, but no change.  Any suggestions?

Offline SimDing0™

• Back In Black
  • Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • Word Enhancer
« Reply #32 on: September 13, 2005, 12:10:42 PM »
Hmm. I thought I fixed that problem. I'm afraid the only immediate solution I can propose is creating a new Moiya and CTRL+Ying the old one or something. You can use CLUAConsole:CreateCreature("d0poor") in the console to spawn her in again, and hopefully she should say the correct dialogue. I'll take another look at this and try to get a proper fix done as soon as possible.

[EDIT] Oh, wait. Assuming the normal channels like Remove Fear don't work.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2005, 12:17:43 PM by SimDing0™ »

Offline TH Elliot

• Planewalker
« Reply #33 on: September 14, 2005, 09:13:24 PM »
Sadly, the normal stuff didn't work to de-panic her.  The respawn however set everything right again.  Thanks.

flem

« Reply #34 on: September 15, 2005, 06:43:42 AM »
I've greatly enjoyed all parts of this mod (Phluafae is hi-larious!), but the one jarring bit was Nazarial...  This encounter is a bit 'mod'dy, no?  A sort of 'improved lich encounter'?  Though I suppose it's easy if you think to cast Minor Globe.

Mind you, the usual lich encounters are pretty old hat at this point, but Naz didn't feel of a piece with them.

Are liches supposed to see through Sanctuary?

Offline SimDing0™

• Back In Black
  • Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • Word Enhancer
« Reply #35 on: September 15, 2005, 06:48:03 AM »
You mean the Nazarial battle is too tough to be part of the original game, or just that it's a unique style of fight? I don't really think it's any more unique than, say, Kangaxx. I'd say the most jarring part of the component is the descriptive text you get when you enter the new area, since BG2 doesn't really do that anywhere else, but I'm willing to overlook that.

If he sees through sanctuary, then I can only assume that every other lich in the game does, because I don't think I've changed anything that would affect that. Perhaps someone else knows whether they *should* be able to, but I don't really want to make him ignore sanctuary if no other liches do.

Grand_Dracolich

« Reply #37 on: October 12, 2005, 03:08:50 PM »
Hey, for your next intalment, can you put in a way to get Moiya's husband out of Spellhold, somehow? Like hit him with a heal spell to cure his slight insanity, then he runs out and dimention doors over to the slums or something.

Offline manuel

• Planewalker
« Reply #38 on: October 25, 2005, 02:03:41 PM »
Maybe you've heard about it but there are no translations.  ??? ??? ???

Just a Guest

« Reply #39 on: November 10, 2005, 12:22:29 PM »
Nice work all around on quest pack so far (I've only played a few things here and there). One thing I did notice is that if you save Sanik only he and the girl acknowledge the fact. The courtesan outside that can aid you in this encounter (gives you the sleeping potion and lets you into their room) still talks about the attack as though it were successful as does the guild mistress IIRC. Their manner of speaking makes it seem as if it were a fact...it would be nice to either 1.) have them acknowledge that he is still alive but will soon be dead 2.) Believe he is dead but allow the PC to correct this perception (I rather relish wiping the smirk off the Guild Mistress's face!).

-JaG

Offline Borsook

• off topic
  • Planewalker
  • not a badger
« Reply #40 on: November 10, 2005, 01:20:14 PM »
Wouldn't it be more logical for the two first components to go into Ding0tweak?
"Borsook seems like a pretty cool guy who offers his insight where appropriate... just very, very frequently." - Imrahil

Borsook's Chambers - Home of Borsook's Mods

Offline SimDing0™

• Back In Black
  • Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • Word Enhancer
« Reply #41 on: November 16, 2005, 07:40:14 AM »
Hey, for your next intalment, can you put in a way to get Moiya's husband out of Spellhold, somehow? Like hit him with a heal spell to cure his slight insanity, then he runs out and dimention doors over to the slums or something.
I'm tempted to allow for the possiblity of curing his insanity, but I don't neccessarily want to produce a happy family re-union scene, so if anything I'll probably allow the player to infer his fate from then on. (Alternatively, perhaps he fights against Irenicus with you if you cure him.)

One thing I did notice is that if you save Sanik only he and the girl acknowledge the fact. The courtesan outside that can aid you in this encounter (gives you the sleeping potion and lets you into their room) still talks about the attack as though it were successful as does the guild mistress IIRC. Their manner of speaking makes it seem as if it were a fact...it would be nice to either 1.) have them acknowledge that he is still alive but will soon be dead 2.) Believe he is dead but allow the PC to correct this perception (I rather relish wiping the smirk off the Guild Mistress's face!).
Oops, this is an error. Will be fixed, thanks.

Wouldn't it be more logical for the two first components to go into Ding0tweak?
Maybe. But they're not really "tweaks", and since Quest Pack is vastly more popular than most other things I've produced, I'll happily put as much content as possible into it.

Acheron

« Reply #42 on: December 06, 2005, 11:25:24 AM »
Tiny typo in Brega's dialogue about going to cleanse the city of shadow thieves: "Yet the council continue to turn..." should be "...continues..."

There is alos a typo in the potions quest...but I don't seem to have it written down right now. I'll look it up tonight and figure out what it was (I think it is an "and" that should be an "any", but I'll look tonight).

Great work,
Acheron

Offline SimDing0™

• Back In Black
  • Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • Word Enhancer
« Reply #43 on: December 07, 2005, 05:52:11 AM »
Both fixed, thanks.

Offline Borsook

• off topic
  • Planewalker
  • not a badger
« Reply #44 on: December 07, 2005, 06:08:01 AM »
Both fixed, thanks.
Will you be releasing an update shortly or wait for some bigger occasion for a release?
"Borsook seems like a pretty cool guy who offers his insight where appropriate... just very, very frequently." - Imrahil

Borsook's Chambers - Home of Borsook's Mods

Offline Muerte

• Memento Mori
  • Planewalker
  • Ars moriendi
« Reply #45 on: December 08, 2005, 09:44:49 AM »
Not criticism but a compliment. Good mod so far from what I have seen of it.
"Vulnerant omnes, ultima necat"

Offline Bex

• black marketeer
  • Planewalker
« Reply #46 on: December 08, 2005, 07:52:11 PM »
When you meet him, he doesn't give his common "Greetings, I'm Edwin Odesseirion" greeting, instead he jumps directly to the part where he offers his assistance to bring down Mae'Var. If you accept, he joins up, and I guess you would have to go and get the evidence, but then Renal is gone, and another guy stands there. If you don't accept him, then he has nothing to say to you. There was a way CLUAConsonole should have solved it, but it didn't work for me. Anyway, I go to Aran instead, so I can at least finish the quest. I don't know if this problem is related to the new quest pack or the old one.

Apparently, this can happen if you leave his quests until Ch. 6. I have no idea what mods might cause it though, or if it's even mod-related at all. In the one game where it happened to me, Renal was still there to finish the major quest though.

--------

Potion quest typos that I noticed: "attone" in one of the options after confronting Sidhe, and "it won't come and closer" if you ask Jadarath about the troll.

Also, you can still try to convince Jadarath to go see his family after they've run off, if you tell him to leave them alone and go back to the sewers. And he's not recognizing that I gave him a potion of insight already, though I haven't seen if giving him a second one changes that.

All in all, I'm really enjoying the additions. I haven't figured out what to do about Booter yet, which is bugging me. I feel not smart.
Silverjon's Journal: a Baldur's Gate fanfic/semi-AAR, by yours truly

Offline SimDing0™

• Back In Black
  • Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • Word Enhancer
« Reply #47 on: December 09, 2005, 07:55:24 PM »
Potion quest typos that I noticed: "attone" in one of the options after confronting Sidhe, and "it won't come and closer" if you ask Jadarath about the troll.
Fixed, thanks.

Also, you can still try to convince Jadarath to go see his family after they've run off, if you tell him to leave them alone and go back to the sewers.
Also fixed.

And he's not recognizing that I gave him a potion of insight already, though I haven't seen if giving him a second one changes that.
I don't see what could cause this, however. It's possibly the same issue Turnabout suffers from, whereby clicking through a dialogue too quickly doesn't allow time for variables to be set. Let me know if you can reproduce it consistently.

Offline Bex

• black marketeer
  • Planewalker
« Reply #48 on: December 09, 2005, 09:30:02 PM »
And he's not recognizing that I gave him a potion of insight already, though I haven't seen if giving him a second one changes that.
I don't see what could cause this, however. It's possibly the same issue Turnabout suffers from, whereby clicking through a dialogue too quickly doesn't allow time for variables to be set. Let me know if you can reproduce it consistently.

Will do. I'm pretty sure that's the one I gave him right before suggesting he go speak to Sidhe, so it might not have registered properly.

Offline Bex

• black marketeer
  • Planewalker
« Reply #49 on: December 11, 2005, 02:07:28 AM »
I'd like to see something else involving Moiya's husband. I don't necessarily need a happy ending, but being able to release him (say, after the Irenicus battle, while exploring the remainder of the Asylum) would be nice. Journal entry could simply say "I hope he makes it home, but it's now out of my hands." As it is, his appearance and subsequent disappearance feels incomplete. Also, I don't know if this concerns you or not, but wouldn't the maze spell he casts when he sees you mean an automatic game over for solo characters?

I enjoyed the Nazarial fight. Different, but not too difficult. I'm curious to see what will happen when I exit the Underdark.

The Vithal negotiation is excellent. I find it especially gratifying that he notices if you pickpocketed him before dividing the spoils. I also appreciate the rod of absorption coming with more than a single charge now.

One thing I'm scratching my head over is Simyaz's group of Githyanki. I'm assuming it's QP's AI improvements that has smartened them up (nothing else is installed that claims to do so), but am puzzled as to why they are able to power word: sleep my entire party into submission. As far as I know, that spell shouldn't affect any of them at all, as none of my party members have less than 20 hitpoints. (Hell, only Kelsey has less than 60.) And I'm still ticked that I can't just give them their damned sword and leave in peace. (At least that idiot Saemon will finally stay dead, thanks to Oversight and a critical hit by Minsc.)

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: