Author Topic: How does Tutu 6 deal with kitting NPCs?  (Read 2380 times)

Offline Andyr

• Dance Commander
  • PPG
  • Planewalker
    • The Gibberlings Three IE mod community
How does Tutu 6 deal with kitting NPCs?
« on: July 30, 2005, 07:33:28 PM »
I wasn't a big fan of the original method because it meant changing kit entailed a reconversion of Tutu, and so a subsequent reinstallation of mods.

So what I'd like to suggest is could the options be put somewhere else, like as components in Tutufix? With the newish subcomponent stuff it should be codeable in a simplish matter... :)

I do have an alternative suggestion or two. Since Tutufix should in theory be installed first, people changing their mind could still mean sitting around a while waiting for other mods to reinstall. So it could be taken out completely and see if Idobek is interested for NPC Kit Pack, or something.

Or again alternatively, if we do epilogue stuff as a separate mod and not part of Tutufix it could go in with that as more New Content/Not A Fix stuff.
"We are the Gibberlings Three, as merry a band as you ever did see..." - Home of IE mods

<jcompton> Suggested plugs include "Click here so Compton doesn't ban me. http://www.pocketplane.net/ub"

I am unfortunately not often about these days so the best way to get hold of me is via email.

Offline Idobek

• Dust Bunny
  • Planewalker
Re: How does Tutu 6 deal with kitting NPCs?
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2005, 12:49:35 PM »
There's no reason I couldn't include BioWare kit selection, for BG1 NPCs, in the NPC Kitpack as well if there is demand.
The Gibberlings Three Forums

<SimDing0> Did you know G3 has secret forum rules?
<CamDawg> Yep. They're generally of the nature 'don't annoy Idobek.'

Offline Andyr

• Dance Commander
  • PPG
  • Planewalker
    • The Gibberlings Three IE mod community
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2005, 06:03:40 PM »
Very true.
"We are the Gibberlings Three, as merry a band as you ever did see..." - Home of IE mods

<jcompton> Suggested plugs include "Click here so Compton doesn't ban me. http://www.pocketplane.net/ub"

I am unfortunately not often about these days so the best way to get hold of me is via email.

Offline Loriel

• Planewalker
    • Loriel's Downloads
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2005, 06:11:22 PM »
I created a shell script a while back that will allow you to change the kits on the NPC's at any time.  It's included in Tutufix for Mac, but I can send it to someone if they want.  It doesn't use WeiDU, though.  It should work on any *nix flavor, though I've only tried in for Mac OS X.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: