Author Topic: Ust Natha Accelerator  (Read 12811 times)

Offline Zyraen

• Planewalker
Ust Natha Accelerator
« on: July 02, 2005, 11:46:34 AM »
Tired of playing through the whole Ust Natha episode again and again and yet again? Well this Mod is for you!

This Mod aims to
- seamlessly speed up the quest in Ust Natha
- still experience most of the Ust Natha quest portions where NPCs are likely to comment

It is targeted mainly at NPC Mod players who are playing the section all over again, and want to shorten the experience, especially the walking tedium, but who also wish to hear at least some of the places where NPC interjections most commonly occur (in my opinion), which I think are concerning killing Solaufein, sleeping with Phaere, and the Demon Summoning ritual. The gnome-patrol portion is removed from the accelerated experience.

The original Ust Natha experience is also still available, so long as you speak to Solaufein BEFORE finishing All the Duels or All the Pit Fights.

** Obsolete Links Removed **
« Last Edit: September 13, 2005, 01:14:30 AM by Zyraen »
(http://www.geocities.com/arkevaul/btlbn2.gif)
SoA Release - Love between a Law Enforcer and a Fugitive - can such a thing even happen?

Zyraen's Miscellaneous Mods - Ust Natha Accelerator, item tweaks, & more

Offline Zyraen

• Planewalker
Re: Ust Natha Accelerator
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2005, 10:02:16 PM »
Updates / Bugs

v1.10
- a very elusive bug has been resolved, to do with Solaufein causing problems if he is moved into AR2205 too early. The only revision to resolve this has been to add a single condition check to Z#UNA2200.baf. I am still not sure what actually causes the error to surface.
SoA Release - Love between a Law Enforcer and a Fugitive - can such a thing even happen?

Offline Zyraen

• Planewalker
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2005, 10:14:24 PM »
Have consolidated this Mod, along with some of other my Mods, into a little collection of Mods that can be found at the

http://www.pocketplane.net/zyraen

The files for the stand-alone versions will be removed from my site :) Thanks!

This thread can still be used to provide feedback on this Mod component.

Offline Zyraen

• Planewalker
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2005, 12:27:20 AM »
Anyone has used this component and found it helpful ? Or Buggy?

Offline ronin

• Planewalker
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2005, 12:52:42 AM »
Worked fine for me.  Only problem I had was with the Yasraena mod then it didnt work right.  Something is not compatible between this mod and Yasraena but I havent had the time to really troubleshoot it.

ronin

Offline Zyraen

• Planewalker
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2005, 03:35:05 AM »
Thanks for the note. I'll ask Sillara about it at CoM. Meantime, was it seamless? Did it fit in well without having a very "this is a Modded Situation" feel and without 4th wall breakages?

Offline ronin

• Planewalker
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2005, 03:49:25 AM »
Thanks for the note. I'll ask Sillara about it at CoM. Meantime, was it seamless? Did it fit in well without having a very "this is a Modded Situation" feel and without 4th wall breakages?

I thought it was seamless, if I hadnt played BG2 before then I wouldnt have noticed that anything had changed.

ronin

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • The perfect moment is now.
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2005, 04:06:42 AM »
The player still has an opportunity to do duels, pit fights and lust chambers, don't they? The Readme is silent on this one.

Pity that interjections-at-Phaere-giving-PC-the-gnome-patrol-quest are removed, though. This was the only place in Ust Natha when my heart skipped a bit: I thought that after Aerie's/Jan's foolish blunder we'll be found out and killed.

Offline Zyraen

• Planewalker
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2005, 04:59:13 AM »
Thanks Ronin, I'm glad it feels like it was never part of a Mod.

============

You can do Duels, Pit Fights, etc, no trouble. If you take the normal route by talking to Solaufein before clearing either all the Duels or all the Pit Fights, nothing happens and the game should proceed as if you never installed the Mod, which also means that any default interjections on the Gnome Patrol (and other parts) should not be affected in the least.

If they are affected, please let me know.

What foolish blunder are you talking about, by the way? Are playing the Accelerated Version, or the normal one?

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • The perfect moment is now.
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2005, 05:05:46 AM »

What foolish blunder are you talking about, by the way? Are playing the Accelerated Version, or the normal one?

The one when Phaere gives your party the task to kill the gnome patrol. If you have a certain character in the party (for example, Aerie, Jan or Keldorn), this character speaks out that these gnomes are harmless and haven't done anything. Phaere answers: "An odd sentiment, for a drow." Overall, a pretty uncomfortable situation for CHARNAME. Accelerated version misses it. But if it really wouldn't fit into your structure, it's OK with me. It's just a reminder that during first two quests (freeing Phaere and killing gnomes) Bioware and mod NPCs have interesting interjections, too.

Offline Zyraen

• Planewalker
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2005, 09:51:13 AM »
Considering that BTL interjects for it, yeah I know :) Still I had to make it accelerated, so yes, there was a deliberate intention to drop that "quest" and the earlier "rescue Phaere" quest.

Offline Azazello

• The Anti-Spammer
  • Planewalker
    • Azazello’s Music Profile at Last.fm
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2006, 11:29:52 AM »
This is not working for me. I went into the tavern, completed the monster battles, then spoke to Soulefain/Phaere. Still got the gnome quest, and I presume I'll have to do all the other quests. No biggie.

The real reason for this post is ask that you bypass the "Defeat the Cultists" encounter where you have to fight some slime. The original game makes this encounter mandatory but it is irrelevant to the Ust Natha story.
Community Contributions
Level 1 NPCs * gMinion: expanded TP2 for MegaInstalls * PSM (PSQM): expanded scripts for Melanthium * non-detectable Cloak of Non-Detection ?? * Weimer's-Tactics: revised TP2 for MegaInstalls
========================================
"Deception has many faces. Truth...has only one."

Offline berelinde

• Planewalker
    • Gavin, cleric of Lathander, for Tutu
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2006, 02:26:32 PM »
Are you sure you did *all* the pit fights and/or *all* the monster battles? When I do that, Phaere is standing just inside the exit and she approaches the party on the way out.

Offline Azazello

• The Anti-Spammer
  • Planewalker
« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2006, 02:31:40 PM »
I assume killing the eye tyrant is "*all* the monster battles". Soulefain/Phaere are still standing up on the platform, not at the exit.
Community Contributions
Level 1 NPCs * gMinion: expanded TP2 for MegaInstalls * PSM (PSQM): expanded scripts for Melanthium * non-detectable Cloak of Non-Detection ?? * Weimer's-Tactics: revised TP2 for MegaInstalls

Offline berelinde

• Planewalker
« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2006, 02:39:50 PM »
Oops. I think you might have done things in the wrong order.

As soon as you walk through the gate into Ust Natha (disguised as drow, of course), you go to the tavern. You must do this before you go talk to Solaufein the first time. Yes, I know you were told at the gate that you needed to talk to Solaufein, but you should go to the tavern first.

Once you get to the tavern, you need to go do the pit fights or the monster battles. I'm not sure if both are required, but I always do both. Both are inside the tavern.

You walk through the tavern door and head left for the pit fights, where you will face off against various opponents in single combat (not sure, but I think it's 2 physical battles and 2 mage battles). If you walk through the tavern door and head right, you will see another pit where you can fight various monsters.

If you continue return to the fight coordinator every time a fight is finished until there are no more battles, Phaere will spawn just inside the door to the tavern. She will order you to meet her in her chambers within the hour.

The eye tyrant on the platform is something else entirely.

Hope that helps.

Offline Azazello

• The Anti-Spammer
  • Planewalker
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2006, 03:54:34 PM »
It does help, a great deal. Thank you.

The "eye tyrant" is the last monster you fight in the monster pit. It is not on the platform.

The readme is not as explicit as it could be - "...BEFORE talking to Solaufein for the first time...", should be something like "...do not report to the Male Fighters' Society and talk to Solaufein; instead, go to the tavern..."
Community Contributions

Offline berelinde

• Planewalker
« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2006, 03:58:57 PM »
Yeah, I had to scratch my head a bit the first time I tried the mod. Oh well, you can try it next time. It really is great.

The only thing is, if you are using Item Upgrade, a lot of cool stuff you get from the Underdark sidequests will be bypassed.

Offline Zyraen

• Planewalker
« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2006, 12:00:01 PM »
As soon as you walk through the gate into Ust Natha (disguised as drow, of course), you go to the tavern. You must do this before you go talk to Solaufein the first time. Yes, I know you were told at the gate that you needed to talk to Solaufein, but you should go to the tavern first.
Just a note for interest.

If you install this Mod, the Doorkeeper will also mention that APART from talking to Solaufein, a daughter of the matron mothers is looking for worthy champions, and you can try to prove yourself in the tavern's fighting pits.

So there is an in-game reference that allows for a more natural roleplaying perspective.

Offline berelinde

• Planewalker
« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2006, 12:26:34 PM »
Of course.  :-[

Sorry, forgot about that!

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: