Author Topic: Comments on "THE END OF CORVIS"  (Read 17900 times)

Offline SimDing0™

• Back In Black
  • Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • Word Enhancer
Re: Comments on "THE END OF CORVIS"
« Reply #25 on: July 06, 2005, 10:14:22 AM »
The fact that posters here are given good critiques - all nicey, kittens and cupcakes comments - seems a bit off-putting.
Right, well, yeh. People are more than welcome to come along and say to me "hey, your Alassafic contribution would have been more funny if you'd done this!" But on the whole, it's tricky and moderately pointless to provide negative comments to somebody who's obviously just being silly, so the inclination is generally to play along with the joke (if you're aware of it). Okay, fine, you can all post "NOT FUNNY!" in response to my comedy if you like and I'll probably be so upset that I go and mod properly instead, but really... :)

The_Swordalizer

« Reply #26 on: July 06, 2005, 11:34:17 AM »
As someone who has not been around these forums for that long, and had no previous knowledge of "Alassa" or Corvis' personality, I found the aforementioned Ends funny on my first read through. I thought it was fairly obvious that Corvis was parodying (at the very least) the "OMFG QUAKE 3 ROX!!!11!1" posting style and most probably a personality that he had built up through his posts on this forum. I also caught on pretty quickly (2nd line?) to the fact Alassafan was a parody of someone who thought that NPC was TEH ROXOR!!1!1.

The content of the posts was funny once you caught onto the generics of the parody, you didn't need to know the exact history of Corvis' posts to realise "O NO WHAT HAVE I DONE" said KESLEY then RAN OVER MORENA in his SUPER RAD DUNE BUGGY" might be a piss-take...

Offline Bex

• black marketeer
  • Planewalker
« Reply #27 on: July 06, 2005, 07:45:30 PM »
Also, when I saw the initial post about the "Bad Kelsey" fanfiction challenge, my first thought was that people were being challenged to come up with the worst fanfiction they could imagine.

So there's more than one way of interpreting the challenge.
Silverjon's Journal: a Baldur's Gate fanfic/semi-AAR, by yours truly

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: