Author Topic: Do you want the BG I GUI for TUTU ?  (Read 258873 times)

Offline Salk

• Planewalker
Re: Do you want the BG I GUI for TUTU ?
« Reply #100 on: October 19, 2005, 11:48:52 AM »
Really an astonishing accomplishment. Every serious TuTu player *must* have this MOD installed!  ;)

Offline Diana

• Neophyte
  • Planewalker
« Reply #101 on: December 11, 2005, 05:33:01 AM »
Been using this beautiful mod but have one problem with it.  When I do an NPC kickout it seems that there is a blank for the 3rd npc slot.  This also happened in the prevoius release.  Anyone else notice this?

Offline johnnyriot999

• Planewalker
Some trouble *Please Help*
« Reply #102 on: December 31, 2005, 09:12:11 PM »
After being blown away by how great the screenshots look I tried installing Tutu and BG1GUI last night and ran into more then a few problems. I put in the TotSC CD and nothing had changed, and BG2 wouldnt play at all. Then after doing a system restore I was completely unable to access my hardrive, CD drive or floppy (but that's hopefully unrelated). Im not too knowledgeable about this mod, what it's effects are, (or modding at all really) but those results are too great to pass up.

I had previously installed:
Full patched original release of BG1 and fully patched SoA and ToB.
Gatekeeper on BG1
Shadowkeeper
Baldurdash bugfix
and Ascension on BG2

I had a couple of questions.

Can the BG1GUI be installed alone, without the original  BG1Tutu to have the same effects of those in the screenshots (the original Tutu seemed ALOT more complicated)?
How do I run BG1 after the mod(s) have been installed? Like, which CD set?
Do I need to install the 'keepers' and Ascension AFTER I do the GUI, or does that not matter? Is there a particular order they must be done in?

Thanks alot in advance, LadeJarl it looks wonderful!

Offline Andyr

• Dance Commander
  • PPG
  • Planewalker
    • The Gibberlings Three IE mod community
« Reply #103 on: January 01, 2006, 09:04:31 AM »
When you have installed Tutu, you access it with your BG2 CDs just like you were playing BG2. Essentially, your BG2 installation becomes Tutu.

The BG1 GUI can, I think, be installed on top of regular BG2 if you want. Order probably won't matter.
"We are the Gibberlings Three, as merry a band as you ever did see..." - Home of IE mods

<jcompton> Suggested plugs include "Click here so Compton doesn't ban me. http://www.pocketplane.net/ub"

I am unfortunately not often about these days so the best way to get hold of me is via email.

Offline Diana

• Neophyte
  • Planewalker
« Reply #104 on: January 09, 2006, 12:28:36 PM »
The BG1 GUI can, I think, be installed on top of regular BG2 if you want. Order probably won't matter.
I use it for SOA/TOB and install it after G3Tweaks.  Except for that one problem mentioned above it works beautifully.

Offline LadeJarl

• Planewalker
« Reply #105 on: January 14, 2006, 08:25:08 AM »
Been using this beautiful mod but have one problem with it.  When I do an NPC kickout it seems that there is a blank for the 3rd npc slot.  This also happened in the prevoius release.  Anyone else notice this?

Hi,

I have fixed this. A service pack is found here: http://home.online.no/~josthaug/TutuGUIsp.exe

A full updated version will be made available as well.

"There should be much less violence, and more nudity and kinkiness in the world."

Offline Diana

• Neophyte
  • Planewalker
« Reply #106 on: January 20, 2006, 07:33:14 PM »
My thanks - downloaded the patch and the problem has disappeared.

Offline SimDing0™

• Back In Black
  • Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • Word Enhancer
« Reply #107 on: January 25, 2006, 08:33:11 AM »
You'll have to get Jason to upload the full version, sorry. I have yet to make FTP access work from uni.

Offline LadeJarl

• Planewalker
« Reply #108 on: February 01, 2006, 01:06:13 PM »
You'll have to get Jason to upload the full version, sorry. I have yet to make FTP access work from uni.

Will do, as soon as I have added support for BGT-Weidu.
"There should be much less violence, and more nudity and kinkiness in the world."

Offline LadeJarl

• Planewalker
« Reply #109 on: February 20, 2006, 05:04:07 PM »
Version 1.7 of TutuGUI is up at: http://www.pocketplane.net/tutumods
It introduces support for BGT-Weidu.

Offline Salk

• Planewalker
« Reply #110 on: May 01, 2006, 06:38:32 AM »
Ladejarl,

the menu screen of the Options is screwed up in my BGT insallation with TuTuGUI 1.7

Is this a known issue ? Thanks!

Unknown Soldier

« Reply #111 on: June 18, 2006, 06:55:27 AM »
For the resolution 1280x960 I think, it doesn't need much to be done that this mod is working with it. Only the main menu and the clock are messed up there, so it shouldn't be difficult, should it?

Offline Kilivitz

• A.K.A. Hethan the Skald
  • Planewalker
« Reply #112 on: June 22, 2006, 10:07:12 AM »
Can I throw in a suggestion for a possible future release?

The only detail it needs to make the game look identical to BG1 is, I think, the font that's used in the dialogue box.

Since it's not a hard thing to do (I did it manually for my install), maybe you could throw in a component that places the BG1 font in the override folder. Maybe it could even let you choose between the original one and the one that comes with TotSC (larger, more easily readable).

What do you think? Other than that, congratulations... indeed, an essential mod to give Tutu a "real"  BG1 feel.

Offline bryad

• Planewalker
  • Holy Liberator indeed
« Reply #113 on: June 23, 2006, 01:01:32 PM »
Will this work with Normal SOA and TOB?

Offline SergIS

• Planewalker
« Reply #114 on: June 26, 2006, 02:45:28 AM »
Will this work with Normal SOA and TOB?

Perfectly will.
Also recommend One Pixel Productions paperdolls.

Offline LadeJarl

• Planewalker
« Reply #115 on: June 28, 2006, 11:09:03 AM »
Can I throw in a suggestion for a possible future release?

The only detail it needs to make the game look identical to BG1 is, I think, the font that's used in the dialogue box.

Since it's not a hard thing to do (I did it manually for my install), maybe you could throw in a component that places the BG1 font in the override folder. Maybe it could even let you choose between the original one and the one that comes with TotSC (larger, more easily readable).

What do you think? Other than that, congratulations... indeed, an essential mod to give Tutu a "real"  BG1 feel.

This will give everyone that installs it the BG /TotSC fonts http://home.online.no/~josthaug/TutuGUIFONT.exe

Offline grissy

• Planewalker
« Reply #116 on: July 15, 2006, 12:53:01 AM »
The GUI is great, I like the stone look so much better than the BG2 gui. One problem, though. Recently the sidebar with all the buttons (rest, inventory, spells, etc) has disappeared from the main screen. The problem persists in my saved games, too. It seemed to happen right after one of my npcs made a comment when I entered a new area. (I've got the BG1 NPC project mod installed, and Shar-Teel made a sarcastic remark upon entering the area N of Nashkel.) The timing could just be a coincidence, though. Is this a common bug? Any way to fix it? I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the GUI mod, but no luck.

Offline Macready

• Planewalker
    • EasyTutu
« Reply #117 on: July 15, 2006, 07:35:30 AM »
Hello -

The GUI is great, I like the stone look so much better than the BG2 gui. One problem, though. Recently the sidebar with all the buttons (rest, inventory, spells, etc) has disappeared from the main screen. The problem persists in my saved games, too. It seemed to happen right after one of my npcs made a comment when I entered a new area. (I've got the BG1 NPC project mod installed, and Shar-Teel made a sarcastic remark upon entering the area N of Nashkel.) The timing could just be a coincidence, though. Is this a common bug? Any way to fix it? I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the GUI mod, but no luck.

The drop-away side panels are a feature of the BG2 engine.  From memory, I think 'Y' and 'U' and the hotkeys for toggling them.
EasyTutu: Tutu installation made simple.

Offline grissy

• Planewalker
« Reply #118 on: July 15, 2006, 01:19:13 PM »
Hello -

The drop-away side panels are a feature of the BG2 engine.  From memory, I think 'Y' and 'U' and the hotkeys for toggling them.
Ha! You're absolutely right. I feel a bit stupid now, heh. Thanks for the information!

Miss Elvy

« Reply #119 on: July 30, 2006, 05:36:06 PM »
I tried installing the latest Tutu GUI (that is, the one that's linked to on the front page- I assume it is the latest version), but every time I run the Setup-TutuGUI.exe file I get the same error message.

ERROR: Unable to find DIALOG.TLK in:
dialog.tlk

Please run this program in your Infinity Engine game directory.

FATAL ERROR: Failure("Unable to find DIALOG.TLK")

Press ENTER to exit.

I'm completely new to all of this, and I'm clueless as to what exactly the Infinity Engine is and so I don't know how to solve this problem. Any help and/or explanation would be most welcome, as I really like the look of this. :'(

Offline Macready

• Planewalker
    • EasyTutu
« Reply #120 on: July 30, 2006, 05:49:53 PM »
Hello

Please run this program in your Infinity Engine game directory.

This is the important bit.  You did not extract the TutuGUI package to the folder of the BG installation which you are trying to mod.

Miss Elvy

« Reply #121 on: July 31, 2006, 06:50:02 AM »
It's weird, actually, because I put all the files in the Tutu folder. I managed to run it properly now that I restarted my computer. Thanks for the help. :)

lucca

« Reply #122 on: August 25, 2006, 08:12:07 PM »
I've already installed this tutu 1.5, but now, wenever I start the game is the same messege:
An Assertion failed in D: \Dev\Baldur\UIControl\Buttons cpp at line number 4661
This messege don't let me play!! :'( and I'm new in this thing, Tutu's. What must I DOOO!!!! :'(

Offline Macready

• Planewalker
    • EasyTutu
« Reply #123 on: August 25, 2006, 08:34:36 PM »
Hello -

I've already installed this tutu 1.5, but now, wenever I start the game is the same messege:
An Assertion failed in D: \Dev\Baldur\UIControl\Buttons cpp at line number 4661
This messege don't let me play!! :'( and I'm new in this thing, Tutu's. What must I DOOO!!!! :'(

Are you using conventional Tutu or EasyTutu?

Lucca

« Reply #124 on: August 26, 2006, 09:05:40 AM »
Just Conventional. Why?

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: