Author Topic: Preventing the Kickout dialog from Kicking in  (Read 859 times)

Offline Diana

• Neophyte
  • Planewalker
Preventing the Kickout dialog from Kicking in
« on: June 06, 2005, 09:59:59 AM »
When Jaheira leaves the group after being collected the harper Merona her kickout dialog doesn't activate.  I would like to do the same for an NPC that leaves the group on his own.  In looking at JaheiraJ.d I see the following code:

ChangeAIScript("",DEFAULT)
SetLeavePartyDialogFile()
EscapeArea()

I always thought the SetLeavePartyDialogFile() would trigger the kickout speech so what prevents it in Jahaeira's case?  Also, since most of us used Ghrey's tutorial on npc making, wouldn't the equivalent of SetGlobal("VondoJoined","LOCALS") still be at 1 from his joning dialog or does it somehow magically get set to 0?

Thanks.

Offline jcompton

• Niche Exploiter
  • Administrator
  • Planewalker
Re: Preventing the Kickout dialog from Kicking in
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2005, 11:45:53 AM »
Offhand I can't remember the answer to the first question, but to the second, the way you'd avoid any issues there is having something weighted at the top of your P dialogue file so that when the NPC is encountered again, the special dialogue for this situation will kick in rather than the generic "hello again" stuff.
Cespenar says, "Kelsey and friends be at the Pocket Plane? Ohhh yesssss!" http://www.pocketplane.net

The_Swordalizer

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2005, 11:54:59 AM »
Doesn't the EscapeArea() directly after the LeaveParty mean the script never gets to initiate dialogue before the charcter has left the area? I had a problem with this where a GLOBAL woldn't set if it was listed after EscapeArea(), because the character no longer existed and so couldn't perform the action.

Offline jcompton

• Niche Exploiter
  • Administrator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2005, 11:59:46 AM »
That's likely the case. We have Kelsey run off a couple of times as well, you could peek at what we did.
Cespenar says, "Kelsey and friends be at the Pocket Plane? Ohhh yesssss!" http://www.pocketplane.net

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: