Author Topic: Glitches  (Read 3982 times)

Offline Fatal Error

• Planewalker
Glitches
« on: June 06, 2005, 06:12:51 AM »
1) This one is the most vexing to me. I agree to Aldeth's request and he then heads off towards the Merchant's League - the problem is that he simply vanishes as he approaches the door and never actually opens it. I can't get inside the building.

2) The Thieves' Guild quests: After I steal the rogue stone I go back to the guild to have the final chat with Narlen and to then get the spaceship components quest from Alatos. Narlen won't talk to me. He just stands there as if he's feebleminded. I talk to Alatos and get the components quest. As I return I try talking to Narlen and now he does speak to me and takes the rogue stone and gives the reward for the quest. He ends up killiing the haalruan mage as he should - so all's well... I guess.

3) This one's funny. Kivan, while we were fighting Wyverns in a random world map ecounter, targeted one with a short bow, and at that moment the log said that Kivan was attacking the Long Bow of Marksmanship. It then proceeded to give a wordy description of the long bow in question. Weird.

4) Seven Sun's. - We talked to Jhasso and then reported back to Scar. The only conversation option available was different from the one I've always previously had that says something to the effect that we've talked to Jhasso and that the building is infiltrated by dopplegangers. This one said basically that we didn't know what exactly was wrong, just that something was. Scar sends us back to 7 suns. We kill all the dopplegangers - the two downstairs and the two upstairs. We report back to Scar and now my only option is to say that we don't think we're capable of beating the dopplegangers. We receive 2000 gold but no XPs

Offline Echon

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
    • The Fields of the Dead
Re: Glitches
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2005, 08:18:54 AM »
1) This one is the most vexing to me. I agree to Aldeth's request and he then heads off towards the Merchant's League - the problem is that he simply vanishes as he approaches the door and never actually opens it. I can't get inside the building.

This might be my fault. I will see if I can duplicate it.

2) The Thieves' Guild quests: After I steal the rogue stone I go back to the guild to have the final chat with Narlen and to then get the spaceship components quest from Alatos. Narlen won't talk to me. He just stands there as if he's feebleminded. I talk to Alatos and get the components quest. As I return I try talking to Narlen and now he does speak to me and takes the rogue stone and gives the reward for the quest. He ends up killiing the haalruan mage as he should - so all's well... I guess.

I have not altered any of Narlen's files so I think it is safe to say that FotD is not related to this.

3) This one's funny. Kivan, while we were fighting Wyverns in a random world map ecounter, targeted one with a short bow, and at that moment the log said that Kivan was attacking the Long Bow of Marksmanship. It then proceeded to give a wordy description of the long bow in question. Weird.

This is a known bug and will be fixed in the next version.

4) Seven Sun's. - We talked to Jhasso and then reported back to Scar. The only conversation option available was different from the one I've always previously had that says something to the effect that we've talked to Jhasso and that the building is infiltrated by dopplegangers. This one said basically that we didn't know what exactly was wrong, just that something was. Scar sends us back to 7 suns. We kill all the dopplegangers - the two downstairs and the two upstairs. We report back to Scar and now my only option is to say that we don't think we're capable of beating the dopplegangers. We receive 2000 gold but no XPs

I think the above is supposed to happen. There are some dopplegangers on the level where enter, some upstairs and also some downstairs where the real leader of the Seven Suns is held. You also need to kill those and free him.

-Echon

Offline Fatal Error

• Planewalker
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2005, 02:53:19 PM »
(I would posted all this in the bug report thread had I thought of it at the time.)

I think the above is supposed to happen. There are some dopplegangers on the level where enter, some upstairs and also some downstairs where the real leader of the Seven Suns is held. You also need to kill those and free him.

Although I didn't mention it, I did actually kill the doppelganger who is guarding/harassing the Seven Sun's guy the first time I entered the building. I talked to Jhasso (I believe that's the Sun's guy's name) after I had killed the doppelganger.

Sequence of events:

1) First time in Sun's bldg - we talk to the real merchant there who has suspicions about the other merchants. We go down to the basement and kill the doppelganger. Jhasso tells us that the merchants are doppelgangers.

2) We report back to Scar but do not have a reply option that says doppelgangers have infiltrated the Seven Sun's. Scar sends us back.

3) We pester the two merchants on the first level until they turn ganger and then we kill them. We then kill two more on the second floor.

4) We report back to Scar and tell him that... the doppelgangers are too much for us to handle.

Perhaps this is a glitch unrelated to FotD but it did not go the way that it is supposed to. I wonder what would have happened had I reported back to Scar after we had killed the two on the first level but before we had gone up to the second floor.

PetrusOctavianus

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2007, 02:12:24 PM »

I have the excact same problem with the Seven Suns, but I don't have Fields of the Dead installed.

Offline whathuh

• Planewalker
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2007, 02:52:20 AM »
Here's my info on the Scar quest.  So far nobody has taken a fix, and it exists in the original game too.  Simply poor design.  Also, your problem with Narlen is more than likely that he simply doesn't have anything to say to you.  Sometimes this will happen, depending on the conditions of the NPC's dialog.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: