Author Topic: Are these mods compatible plus some stallation questions  (Read 3355 times)

Offline roshan

• Planewalker
1. First, I guess Im supposed to install small mods that are not designed for tutu before running tutu, right? And, according to the instructions, these mods should be converted properly. Then, Im supposed to install mods for tutu after installing tutu. However, should I install these mods in the baldurs gate folder or the baldurs gate 2 folder???

2. Also, Im planning to install the herbs and potions and slime quest mods by black qyrms lair: http://www.blackwyrmlair.net/  The website says its compatible with tutu, but they are not on your list of compatible mods. Can anyone confirm whether it is compatible or not? Also, should this mod be installed before or after installing tutu?

3. Im planning to install several tutu mods. These are bone hill, the npc dialogue mod, sirines call and grey clan. Are all these mods compatible with one another? Also, does it make a difference which order I install them in? Can you recommend a good order for installing them?

4. Chosen of mystra has an adventure pack and an item forging mod - http://chosenofmystra.net/forums/viewforum.php?f=12&sid=6784625c22322ff4ce21d148023b8c41 Are these mods compatible with tutu? And I suppose they need to be installed before installing tutu?

5. There is a new version of dark side of the sword coast which has a weidu installer. Is this mod tutu compatible? Has anyone tested it?

5. Aside from the tutu fixpack and the tutu tweak, are there any other unofficial patches and bugfixes that are recommended, and if so, where can I get them?

Thanks a lot for your help!

Offline Ghreyfain

• Planewalker
    • Pocket Plane Group
Re: Are these mods compatible plus some stallation questions
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2005, 05:26:49 PM »
1. First, I guess Im supposed to install small mods that are not designed for tutu before running tutu, right?

Mods for BG1 should be installed on BG1 prior to running Tutu.
Mods for Tutu should be installed on BG2 after running Tutu.

2. Also, Im planning to install the herbs and potions and slime quest mods by black qyrms lair: http://www.blackwyrmlair.net/ The website says its compatible with tutu, but they are not on your list of compatible mods. Can anyone confirm whether it is compatible or not?

I'm not sure, but you could do us a huge favour by finding out. :)  Make absolutely certain that you backup your original BG1 and BG2 installations in case you need to re-run the Tutu conversion, however.

3. Im planning to install several tutu mods. These are bone hill, the npc dialogue mod, sirines call and grey clan. Are all these mods compatible with one another? Also, does it make a difference which order I install them in? Can you recommend a good order for installing them?

Can't comment on the compatibility between Bone Hill, BG1NPC, and Grey Clan, but Sirine's Call should work reliably with any of them.  I'd ask at the respective forums of the other mods to find out for sure.  Oh, and again, if you find that they are compatible, then yeah, let us know.

4. Chosen of mystra has an adventure pack and an item forging mod - http://chosenofmystra.net/forums/viewforum.php?f=12&sid=6784625c22322ff4ce21d148023b8c41 Are these mods compatible with tutu? And I suppose they need to be installed before installing tutu?

Are they for Tutu, or BG1?  See my answer to your first question.

5. There is a new version of dark side of the sword coast which has a weidu installer. Is this mod tutu compatible? Has anyone tested it?

Heheh, beats me.  You could be the first!  Or wait until someone else who's tested it comes along and says yeah.

5. Aside from the tutu fixpack and the tutu tweak, are there any other unofficial patches and bugfixes that are recommended, and if so, where can I get them?

We recommend installing the baldurdash fixpacks for both BG1 and BG2 before running the conversion or installing any mods, but I think that about wraps it all up.

Thanks a lot for your help!

You betcha.  I'll assume you're thanking me for my good advice, not the ones where I say "I have no clue."
Earn Money Sleeping.

Offline roshan

• Planewalker
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2005, 07:09:18 PM »
Thanks. Ill try getting all the aforementioned mods on the same game and see what happens. I think it would be a good idea to merge all the mods out there into a megamod.

I actually just ordered bg1 and tosc online. It should arrive in a few days, then I will buy bg2 and check it all out.

Offline NiGHTMARE

• Idiot
  • Planewalker
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2005, 07:29:32 PM »
I would recommend placing the Grey Clan early in your install order, as from what I've heard it tends to overwrite rather than append stuff.

According to one of the designers, DSotSC-WeiDU is not compatible with Tutu (nor is the original, non-WeiDU version), but CoM are working on a Tutu-specific version of it... though it may take a while, since they're planning to add new content, not just ensure compatability.

BTW another mod you might want to consider is the Tutu Tweak pack.  It has so many different components, I'd be very suprised if anyone found that not even a single component appealed to them :).
« Last Edit: May 08, 2005, 07:33:29 PM by NiGHTMARE »
The Gibberlings Three - home to the BG1 NPC Project, BG2 Tweak Pack, Divine Remix, GemRB, Lands of Intrigue, Song & Silence, and many more!

Offline Salk

• Planewalker
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2005, 12:28:51 AM »
2. Also, Im planning to install the herbs and potions and slime quest mods by black qyrms lair: http://www.blackwyrmlair.net/  The website says its compatible with tutu, but they are not on your list of compatible mods.

The compatibility list, which I mantain, expressly indicates the Herbs and Potions Mod as compatible. The Slime Quest mod is not mentioned, being just very small and to be included in the BG1 Quest Pack to be released by the Black Wyrm crew sometimes this year.

Said that, the compatibility reported in the list is merely theorical since the combinations of the Mods are infinite and we can't be sure if and how they would work together. Testing could be of limited help because the testing environments are always quite different from one user to the other (not counting that mods versions costantly vary) thus we can just rely on the stated compatibility.

I, in the future, will test thoroughly the game with a very high number of Mods and will post my results in the Compatibility List topic...
« Last Edit: May 09, 2005, 07:18:12 AM by Salk »

Offline roshan

• Planewalker
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2005, 02:30:37 AM »
Thanks a lot nightmare and salk. But I still have more questions.... :(

According to the list, the dudleyville fixes are incompatible. But will some of the tweaks like max hps and permanent corpses work?

Offline Idobek

• Dust Bunny
  • Planewalker
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2005, 04:59:37 AM »
I would recommend placing the Grey Clan early in your install order, as from what I've heard it tends to overwrite rather than append stuff.
It doesn't overwrite stuff. It does have FAI issues since Baronius kind of highjacks that area and doesn't let it go. Therefore, any mod that uses the FAI are will have compatibilty issues with the Grey Clan, this includes DSotSC and the CoM Forge.
The Gibberlings Three Forums

<SimDing0> Did you know G3 has secret forum rules?
<CamDawg> Yep. They're generally of the nature 'don't annoy Idobek.'

Offline roshan

• Planewalker
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2005, 11:15:11 AM »
Are there any other mods that are incompatible with the grey clan?

Offline roshan

• Planewalker
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2005, 10:29:30 PM »
OK, this is my install order:

bg1/tosc 3 cd version
baldurs gate 2
baldurs gate 2 official patch
baldurs gate baldurdash patch and text update
baldurs gate 2 baldurdash patch and text update
chosen of mystra adventure pack (wont install the forge since it wont work with grey clan)

bg tutu
tutu fixpack
tutu sounds
grey clan
sirines call
secrets of bone hill and its patches
herbalist and slime quest
song and silence
warrior kitpack
bg1npc
bg1npc music
finch npc
murneth npc
indira npc
one pixel productions
tutu tweaks

Is this the correct install order if I want to have all these mods in my game?
« Last Edit: May 09, 2005, 11:10:43 PM by roshan »

Offline icelus

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2005, 11:54:46 PM »
I'm not certain about the Warrior Kitpack.  Last time I looked it had a funky installer.  I'd move Bone Hill further toward the top--after the FixPack.  Also, install Indira, then Mur'Neth, then Finch.
<Moongaze> Luckily BWL has a very understanding and friendly admin.

Offline roshan

• Planewalker
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2005, 03:37:29 AM »
Thanks, great advice. What if I install the warrior kitpack on bg2 before running tutu?

Offline roshan

• Planewalker
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2005, 03:48:20 AM »
This is my current install order:

BALDURS GATE ORIGINAL SAGA
BALDURS GATE 2
THRONE OF BHAAL
THRONE OF BHAAL PATCH
TOSC BALDURDASH PATCH AND TEXT UPDATE
TOB BALDURDASH PATCH AND TEXT UPDATE
chosen of mystra adventure pack and possibly the forge

TUTU
FIXPACK
TUTUSOUNDS
BONEHILL AND 2 PATCHES
GREY CLAN
SIRINES CALL
HERBALIST AND SLIME QUEST
SONG AND SILENCE
THE VAULT
BG1NPC AND MUSIC
INDIRA
MURNETH
FINCH
WARRIOR KITPACK
CLERICS MOD
ONE PIXEL PRODUCTIONS
TUTU TWEAK

Any comments?

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: