Author Topic: Loading Error  (Read 794 times)

Offline Denzil

• Planewalker
Loading Error
« on: May 03, 2005, 03:14:56 AM »
Sometimes, ONLY sometimes (fortunately), the game crashes when I'm loading..it's always quick-load cause I use it 99% of the time. But the problem isn't in restarting the game..the problem is: the save game is corrupted and I can't load it anymore... and sometimes not just the quick-save..but the Auto-save and any other...
And lately I have discovered that it happens in Beregost... not yet sure is it ONLY in Bregost but the last 5 crashes were ALL in Beregost..mostly when trying to leave Beregost..
I read some postas about crashes when leaving Beregost to the area south, but in my case it happens when leaving anywhere...but I WAS on the south edge of the map, and once or twice on the east (by the Thunderhammer smithy)...

So, is there a solution to this? And is there a way to load my corrupted save-game? I actually tried overwriting the Baldur.gam file but it couldn't load anyway..
"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster...
when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you."
Nietzsche

Offline Ghreyfain

• PPG
  • Planewalker
    • Pocket Plane Group
Re: Loading Error
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2005, 11:12:08 AM »
A while ago Roana discovered a few oddities about ambient sounds that she thought was responsible for this sort of crash (including the crash when you try to leave via the area south of Feldepost's Inn).  I couldn't reproduce it, so didn't bother with it, but perhaps for v14 we should change them anyways to see if this sort of behaviour clears up on other people's machines.
Earn Money Sleeping.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: