Author Topic: Avatar Morphing Script Error  (Read 3926 times)

Offline Denzil

• Planewalker
« on: May 02, 2005, 02:17:06 AM »
I installed Tutu with the Fix Pack (v13) and the Tweak Pack (v12) containing the Avatar Morphing Script which allows changing the avatar by pressing the key S while in the game and while the Morphing script for the desired character has been selected..
the problem is, I changed my mage's avatar so he could look like a thief...and now I got the Robe of Archmagi and now I want to switch back to the mage avatar but I can't. Pressing S just doesn't do anything any more... can somebody PLEASE tell me how to fix this. Uninstalling is out of the question.

BTW, the only thing I could think of: I was assinging hotkeys to some wizard spells, and one of them was CTRL+S... I thought that maybe this had something to do with it... but then I removed the hotkey completley from the key S but it's still not working.

Any ideas??

P.S. Is there a way to change avatars and some other details with a program like Shadow Keeper but designed for Tutu??

Edit: Just remembered, I have 2 installations of BG2..one is for Tutu and the other for Darkest Day... and I foun dout that If I want them working they have to be in the original folder that BG2 was installed to-so if I installed BG2 to folder D:\Bg2, every time I play DD or Tutu I have to rename it's folder to D:\Bg2.. so since I've been changing these folder names a couple times, maybe that has something to do with it... but the game besides that works normally.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2005, 03:45:37 AM by Denzil »
"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster...
when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you."
Nietzsche

Offline Idobek

• Dust Bunny
  • Planewalker
Re: Avatar Morphing Script Error
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2005, 08:57:48 AM »
In future please use the Tweak Pack Forum at G3 for reporting Tutu Tweaks bugs.

I installed Tutu with the Fix Pack (v13) and the Tweak Pack (v12) containing the Avatar Morphing Script which allows changing the avatar by pressing the key S while in the game and while the Morphing script for the desired character has been selected..
the problem is, I changed my mage's avatar so he could look like a thief...and now I got the Robe of Archmagi and now I want to switch back to the mage avatar but I can't. Pressing S just doesn't do anything any more... can somebody PLEASE tell me how to fix this. Uninstalling is out of the question.

BTW, the only thing I could think of: I was assinging hotkeys to some wizard spells, and one of them was CTRL+S... I thought that maybe this had something to do with it... but then I removed the hotkey completley from the key S but it's still not working.

Any ideas??
I can't find anything that would cause this. Are you sure that the Avatar Morphing Script is still assigned to your character?

P.S. Is there a way to change avatars and some other details with a program like Shadow Keeper but designed for Tutu??
Shadow Keeper works on Tutu.

Edit: Just remembered, I have 2 installations of BG2..one is for Tutu and the other for Darkest Day... and I foun dout that If I want them working they have to be in the original folder that BG2 was installed to-so if I installed BG2 to folder D:\Bg2, every time I play DD or Tutu I have to rename it's folder to D:\Bg2.. so since I've been changing these folder names a couple times, maybe that has something to do with it... but the game besides that works normally.
Create 2 new shortcuts to bgmain.exe, one for each of your BG2 folders. That way you won't have to keep changing the names of the folders. Alternatively, don't play the Darkest Day.
The Gibberlings Three Forums

<SimDing0> Did you know G3 has secret forum rules?
<CamDawg> Yep. They're generally of the nature 'don't annoy Idobek.'

Offline Denzil

• Planewalker
Re: Avatar Morphing Script Error
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2005, 11:08:30 AM »
In future please use the Tweak Pack Forum at G3 for reporting Tutu Tweaks bugs.
Sorry didn't know they had a forum.
I can't find anything that would cause this. Are you sure that the Avatar Morphing Script is still assigned to your character?
Of course, I turned it on and off like 20 times.
Shadow Keeper works on Tutu.
Hmm..last time I tried it didn't work.. now it does. strange... thanks anyway :)
Create 2 new shortcuts to bgmain.exe, one for each of your BG2 folders. That way you won't have to keep changing the names of the folders. Alternatively, don't play the Darkest Day.
No unfortunately it doesn't work for some reason...when I start bgmain.exe I get this error: "An Assertion failed in ChDimm.cpp al line number 628. Programmers says: Unable to Open BIF:data\DDanyto103.bif"

Well thanks a lot..I can change my char now with the shadow keeper...I don't know why it didn't work on my last Tutu installation...
And can I change somehow the color of the Arcmagi Robe ? The Neutral version is simply UGLY :)
"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster...
when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you."
Nietzsche

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: