Author Topic: Archived Bug Reports  (Read 100241 times)

Jerry

Re: Bug Reports - v6
« Reply #25 on: April 04, 2004, 04:04:39 AM »
I can't leave spellhold now. After talking with Saemon he transport only himself and my party cannot go to the ground. :'(

(sigh)I don't like this way but I have no choice until icelus solves this problem.

CLUAConsole:MoveToArea("AR1500")
pause
CLUAConsole:CreateCreature("PPSAEM2")
talk to Saemon
go to the tavern
pause
CLUAConsole:CreateCreature("PPSAEM3")
talk to Saemon
steal the horn
pause
CLUAConsole:CreateCreature("PPSAEM3")
talk to Saemon

Madhava

« Reply #26 on: April 04, 2004, 04:39:13 AM »
Same problem as reported prior; in the Spellhold hallway, I agree to set sail with Saemon, but he teleports only himself away.

Everything runs smoothly after I movetoarea outside, & then createcreature PPSAEM2.  Later on, Saemon spawns inside the inn, just as he should.

In my game, Jah did call Yoshi 'traitor', however 8) no problem there for me.

FIXED
« Last Edit: April 10, 2004, 12:02:07 AM by Icelus »

Offline lsperzel

• Planewalker
« Reply #27 on: April 04, 2004, 11:59:57 AM »
I'll leave my game in Spellhold so when Icelus gets a possible fix, it can be tested right away.  I'll go back to my BG 1 game in the meantime.

I also agree with the Arbane sword bug.  I have ended up with two also.

I can't address the other bugs as I had already played those parts through with prior versions of UB.

FIXED
« Last Edit: April 10, 2004, 12:02:51 AM by Icelus »
If it is screwed up, it is probably my fault!

Procterus

« Reply #28 on: April 04, 2004, 01:01:34 PM »
Had the Saemon problem. I got around it by uninstalling UB just before talking to him, then immediately reinstalling once I was outside Spellhold. Might have messed up my game but seems OK so far.

Jerry

« Reply #29 on: April 04, 2004, 01:32:59 PM »
Had the Saemon problem. I got around it by uninstalling UB just before talking to him, then immediately reinstalling once I was outside Spellhold. Might have messed up my game but seems OK so far.

The records in journey will be odd... :-[

Procterus

« Reply #30 on: April 04, 2004, 01:59:09 PM »
No, all the UB quests and items still seem to be intact.

Rustedeon

« Reply #31 on: April 04, 2004, 11:04:12 PM »
I'm haveing a problem were windspear hills shows up on my map but I can't go there. I read of the problem somewere before but can't remember were. I have Unfinished business, Kelsey and banter packs installed. To my knowledge they are all latest versions. I've got the bioware and baldurdash patches. I know theres an easy way to fix this.

Jerry

« Reply #32 on: April 04, 2004, 11:12:51 PM »
No, all the UB quests and items still seem to be intact.

Uhh... I mean the journal, the diary.

Jerry

« Reply #33 on: April 04, 2004, 11:15:10 PM »
I'm haveing a problem were windspear hills shows up on my map but I can't go there. I read of the problem somewere before but can't remember were. I have Unfinished business, Kelsey and banter packs installed. To my knowledge they are all latest versions. I've got the bioware and baldurdash patches. I know theres an easy way to fix this.

Do you play BG2 at the first time? You must leave Athkatla from city gate.

Offline icelus

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #34 on: April 04, 2004, 11:25:13 PM »
If you talked to Lord Jierdaan in the Copper Coronet, he will mark it on your map.  As Jerry said, you must leave through the City Gates before you can access any outside locations.
<Moongaze> Luckily BWL has a very understanding and friendly admin.

Offline icelus

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #35 on: April 04, 2004, 11:40:05 PM »
* icelus checks himself into the Cason Jompton Institute for Insane Modders...

:'(

Procterus

« Reply #36 on: April 05, 2004, 04:56:31 AM »
Cheer up Icelus  :), loved the mod so far, minor quibbles so far as I'm concerned. Jerry - sorry for being unclear, when I said quests I meant that the journal entries (both completed and uncompleted UB quests) were all fine and appear to be exactly the same as before I uninstalled & reinstalled UB.

PS another minor bug - when I was doing the Minsc/Boo quest, when Minsc ran into the kid outside the Sea's Bounty, Minsc's dialogue box popped up but the entry was blank. The kid then just ran into the Sea's Bounty and the quest continued as normal. I assume Minsc was supposed to say something at this point (of the "give me back my hamster" variety presumably)

Offline icelus

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #37 on: April 05, 2004, 08:12:11 AM »
PS another minor bug - when I was doing the Minsc/Boo quest, when Minsc ran into the kid outside the Sea's Bounty, Minsc's dialogue box popped up but the entry was blank. The kid then just ran into the Sea's Bounty and the quest continued as normal. I assume Minsc was supposed to say something at this point (of the "give me back my hamster" variety presumably)

Empty dialog boxes are ordinarily caused by installing the mod while either the game or some kind of tool (such as ShadowKeeper or Infinity Explorer) are running.  With any of these open, WeiDU cannot update the file that controls dialog, and you will get many empty dialog boxes.  :(

Jerry.,

« Reply #38 on: April 05, 2004, 08:55:03 AM »
In spellhold, I shall passing the test to escape. In the test I was transported to a room that three trolls here. After getting the club+3 by putting troll's head I got a rest. Bodhi and two vampires appeared there and Bodhi had nothing to say. I reloaded. Passing the test and I was declared to be freed. I rested. Bodhi and two vampires appeared again and Bodhi still had nothing to say. After defeating those two vampires Bodhi was still there and I cannot rested there.

FIXED
« Last Edit: April 10, 2004, 12:03:58 AM by Icelus »

Offline icelus

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #39 on: April 05, 2004, 10:23:46 AM »
Jerry, I need to know your current setup.  What version of the game do you have installed (SoA only, SoA + ToB)?  Do you have all the patches installed?  Did you install Baldurdash?  What mods do you have installed?  What order did you install them?  Have you uninstalled and reinstalled anything? 

I'd ask you this privately via a PM, but you've yet to register, so I can't.  ;)

Offline UncleScratchy

• Planewalker
« Reply #40 on: April 05, 2004, 10:35:10 AM »
Cheer up Icelus  :),

Yes, I got that bug as well but it was when I entered the Government area in search of the mage who took Boo.  I ran into a kid and tried to talk to him and got something like "NO MEANINGFUL DIALOG AVAILABLE".  But the quest went okay from there.

Yeah, cheer up.  This mod has great potential.  Think of us as your Beta testers.  I had the bug with Saemon and tried spawning him again inside the asylum but wan't sure which version of him to use - none of the versions worked.  Then I moved my party with CLUA to outsde the asylum but again didn't know which version on him to use.  I think I corrupted the globals by all my experimentation (I killed off my cloned Saemon's rather than reloading each time I tried a different version of him), but I was close to the work around solution that Jerry posted, only Saemon wouldn't talk to me when I recreated him outside the asylum.  I finally just replayed the final battle with Irenicus and tried Jerry's method and it worked fine.   I didn't even have to CLUA Saemon in the second time at the tavern.  He was waiting there for me and the rest of the quest to escape Brynnlaw went fine.

One question on the Bodhi encounters in the dungeon.  I tried not to rest at all during this quest and so Bodhi first spawned with her invisible archer skeletons minions in the room where you summon the various creatures using the tome on the pedestal.  Then after making it to the second level of the dungeon she spawned again with some vampires in one of rooms near the entrance.  The last encounter was when my main char advanced into the room where you use the minotaur horns to activate the statue/door puzzle and my char turned into the slayer.  In these encounters she stayed blue and only her minions attacked (she may have turned red during the slayer episode but soon ran off).  But when I left through the door to where the kobold archers ambush you she spawned again and I believe that both she and her minions all turned red.  Of course this made for a bad situation as she was unkillable and I had the archers to deal with before the guy would appear to let me out.  Was Bodhi supposed to go hostile here as well as her minions?  Did I just hit her by accident making her hostile?  I had to replay this a couple of times - some because party members got killed and another time when I advanced to the myconid chamber, killed the shrooms there but couldn't initiate dialog with the watcher/caretaker guy and I was stuck.

Offline lsperzel

• Planewalker
« Reply #41 on: April 05, 2004, 10:57:12 AM »
I can back up Jerry's latest bug with Bodhi in Spellhold.  I had it too but I just ignored it and went on - cosidered it minor.   

I am not sure about the one Uncle Scratchy is posting on Bodhi.  I may have had that too, but I am not positive she was blue circled in those encounters before the kobold archers nor can I remember how that particular episode plays out without UB installed.

Don't flip on us, Icelus!  We still love ya and think it is a great mod.

Offline Jerry

• Planewalker
« Reply #42 on: April 05, 2004, 11:08:19 AM »
Jerry, I need to know your current setup.  What version of the game do you have installed (SoA only, SoA + ToB)?  Do you have all the patches installed?  Did you install Baldurdash?  What mods do you have installed?  What order did you install them?  Have you uninstalled and reinstalled anything? 

I'd ask you this privately via a PM, but you've yet to register, so I can't.  ;)

step:

1. SOA+TOB+Patch26498

2. UB v6

3. Imoen Romance v1.108

Offline fenring

• Planewalker
« Reply #43 on: April 05, 2004, 02:17:39 PM »
I've spotted a minor bug which is not a bug perhaps. After making a wish by freeing the geenie in the extended Kalah quest the quest log does not erase. Actually it happens regardless what I wish. It might not be a bug if it was no the end of the quest... is it?
And another really minor inonsistency. The extended illithium quest does not erase either, unless you will not talk to the Hilldark brothers after finishing it. There's neither gain nor loss for that, so what's the point of prolonging quest this way?

Luther

« Reply #44 on: April 05, 2004, 02:55:55 PM »
I posted this at Game Banshee, but thought I'd post here too.  I installed UB (plus a lot of other Weidu mods) and when I go to Cromwell in the docks, he looks through my items for upgradable stuff but the Minsc and Boo quest dialogue options come up instead.  So I never get any dialogue concerning the gesen bow, wave, etc.  Relevant mods I have installed that could affect this are the Baldurdash Upgrade items mod (gives more upgrade options for Crom and Cespenar,) Banter packs (not sure but some of the dialogue I get are kind of random and "banterish.")  If you have any help I'd appreciate it.  Otherwise I may have to do some creative Shadow Keeping.

Offline Procterus

• Planewalker
« Reply #45 on: April 05, 2004, 05:10:36 PM »
Also on the cat-mouse Bodhi quest in Spellhold, Minsc killed Bodhi stone dead on one of her appearances with the Mace of Disruption, before she had chance to turn into a bat. Didn't seem to cause any problems as she reappeared again with her cohorts after I rested a bit...but might be worth making her invulnerable to the MoD during the Spellhold sequence (if this is possible).

Offline Zaephir-Moth

• Lonely entity...
  • Planewalker
  • I rule the Hight-Council, I AM the Hight-Coucil !
« Reply #46 on: April 06, 2004, 11:59:48 AM »

* icelus checks himself into the Cason Jompton Institute for Insane Modders...

All my most sincere condolences  ;D...
Not really a bug report, I know, but all seems to work without even a single problem in my game... despite the 'numerous dozens' of mods always installed at the same time !
Great work Icelus, don't give up :D !!

Cheers
This is what I want to be,
This is what I need,
This is who I want to be with...
... but I know it will never be mine... never be mine.

Offline Alarielle

• Disco Blob
  • Planewalker
« Reply #47 on: April 06, 2004, 12:16:33 PM »
I don't know if this is caused by UB, but ever since I installed it I've had this problem.  I talk to Saemon Havarian after defeating Irenicus in Spellhold and he offers to take me back to Athkatla, which is all well and good, but when he tries to teleport us out of the asylum my PC and companions are left in spellhold up **** creek without a paddle

FIXED
« Last Edit: April 10, 2004, 12:06:16 AM by Icelus »
'Can I swashbuckle through your drawers?' - Grim Squeaker

Alarielle: There's a good kind of dirty?
Andyr: It's the 'cool, kinky' dirty as opposed to the 'take a bath you fucking messy fuck' dirty :)

Offline lsperzel

• Planewalker
« Reply #48 on: April 06, 2004, 10:15:42 PM »
The "getting left in Spellhold" bug is becoming quite common and at first, I thought I had just goofed my game up. ;)

Edit:  By the way Icelus, if it makes you feel better, I just downloaded the banter packs, version 4, and it wouldn't install.  Had to e-mail JC so don't feel lonely out there.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2004, 10:18:01 PM by lsperzel »

Offline Ghreyfain

• PPG
  • Planewalker
    • Pocket Plane Group
Bug Reports - v9
« Reply #49 on: April 06, 2004, 11:09:29 PM »
Minor typo in the Pai'Na quest.  String # 33650 is "I need you to get it, and bring it here. I will dispose of it, and restore the balance beneath the city. If there are too few spiders then the will vermin rise up. The exterminators do not think of this."

Looks to me like it needs to be swapped.  And yes, I'm aware that that's an existing game string, so it's not your fault, it's Bioware's. :)
Earn Money Sleeping.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: