Author Topic: ? about tutufix speed  (Read 3130 times)

Offline Gay Lord

• Planewalker
? about tutufix speed
« on: March 15, 2005, 01:12:20 PM »
The readme says that bg1 walking speed was 5, bg2 10, and the mod sets it to about 7.  My question is, what is the speed normally for tutu?  Does it use the old 5 speed, or does it set it to 10, since it's using the bg2 engine?

I just started a new game, with the speed component installed, and felt my speed was far too slow.  I figured that it would be faster without it, so I uninstalled that component.  I was very surprised that doing this took about 30 minutes for weidu to process.  I don't know if this is normal, but it seemed that after removing this component from tutufix, that it then went and reinstalled every mod I had.  Is it supposed to do that?

Plus, now that I've restarted, it seems my speed is, if anything, slower.  I've just left candlekeep and I see that Imoen is moving slightly faster than I am.  I would like to be able to move as fast as possible, whether that's with the component or not.  I'm not looking forward to waiting another half hour (i've already had lunch), but I will if it will help in the long run.  How do I get my speed to 7, or even 10?

Offline Ghreyfain

• PPG
  • Planewalker
    • Pocket Plane Group
Re: ? about tutufix speed
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2005, 03:57:08 PM »
The readme says that bg1 walking speed was 5, bg2 10, and the mod sets it to about 7. My question is, what is the speed normally for tutu? Does it use the old 5 speed, or does it set it to 10, since it's using the bg2 engine?

The default speed is BG2's speed, so 10.

I just started a new game, with the speed component installed, and felt my speed was far too slow. I figured that it would be faster without it, so I uninstalled that component. I was very surprised that doing this took about 30 minutes for weidu to process. I don't know if this is normal, but it seemed that after removing this component from tutufix, that it then went and reinstalled every mod I had. Is it supposed to do that?

I'm sure I've told you this before, but maybe it was someone else.  The default behaviour for WeiDU is--when re-installing a component--to uninstall mods that have been installed after it, then re-install that component, then install the other mods in the same order they were installed.  This is what makes it so awesome.  It doesn't fuck things up that way.

Plus, now that I've restarted, it seems my speed is, if anything, slower. I've just left candlekeep and I see that Imoen is moving slightly faster than I am. I would like to be able to move as fast as possible, whether that's with the component or not. I'm not looking forward to waiting another half hour (i've already had lunch), but I will if it will help in the long run. How do I get my speed to 7, or even 10?

Is this with a saved game?  I expect the effect would stay on your character in the saved game.  If not, then... well, I don't know what to say.  Post your weidu.log?

As for removing the effect from your saved game, you could load up your saved game with NearInfinity, find your character, scroll down to his effects, and delete the one that adjusts walking speed.
Earn Money Sleeping.

Offline Gay Lord

• Planewalker
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2005, 04:57:33 PM »
It wasn't me you told, but that is cool.  Glad it works, just wish I'd known in advance (Solitaire gets boring quickly). :)

I'll see if I can fiddle with him in NearInfinity and find out if that works.  Thanks.

Offline Ghreyfain

• PPG
  • Planewalker
    • Pocket Plane Group
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2005, 05:03:00 PM »
I was about to suggest that you ask questions like this before trying stuff out, but then I realised it'd be like asking, "If I install component X on a tuesday with mod Y installed, while singing the Soviet National Anthem, will it causes text string mismatches in rats?"

But yeah, anyways.  No point to this post.  Nothing to see.  Carry on.
Earn Money Sleeping.

Offline Gay Lord

• Planewalker
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2005, 05:47:29 PM »
Only if the rats don't have 6-7 hp.

Offline Gay Lord

• Planewalker
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2005, 07:34:38 PM »
BTW, thanks Ghreyfain.  I'm starting to get the hang of NearInfinity.  I just fixed the damage of gibberlings from d8 to d4, something that bothered me.

You wouldn't happen to know where to go to change the frequency/percentage of iron items breaking, would you?

Offline Ghreyfain

• PPG
  • Planewalker
    • Pocket Plane Group
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2005, 08:11:44 PM »
Not really, no.  It's in the code Cam did for the fixpack, though.
Earn Money Sleeping.

Fesh

« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2005, 09:09:52 PM »
You also need to remember that if you uninstall anything using weidu, it will revert any changes you have made in the override directory when it reinstalls the mods (overwriting the files they change), so to make any changes of files that mods use, you have to change the file in the mod directory and possibly the tp2 file for that mod.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: