Author Topic: How do you explore an area?  (Read 9934 times)

Offline Silk

• Lurker First Class
  • Planewalker
  • A cat of many colours
Re: How do you explore an area?
« Reply #50 on: April 21, 2005, 04:09:38 PM »
*coughwhathavelichesgottodowithexploringareas?cough*
"Some say that our destinies may be read in the stars, that the plans of the gods are revealed to those who but know where to look.  They speak it true but their location is false, for I have seen my destiny shining in your eyes" (Anomen, PPG NPC Flirt Pack)

"You know you're tired when you get up from the desk and the headset's still around your neck"

Offline Veloxyll

• Seeker of Shiny Things
  • Planewalker
« Reply #51 on: April 21, 2005, 10:39:39 PM »
Liches are very good incentive to explore areas since they have ph4t l3wt! :D

(happy now?)

Anyhow, back on the topic at hand...just cause the Lich's body is leaking doesn't mean he can't clean up his own spills!
Shiny things, shiny things, shiny shiny shiny things!

Offline Eral

• Planewalker
« Reply #52 on: April 22, 2005, 02:56:14 AM »
Silk, although proper forum etiquette has off-topic rules, ARE WE PPG OR NOT????

I believe the conversation has meandered to liches. Run with it.  :)
I now have an explanation for why the demi-liches in TOB Marching Mountains were so much harder than the liches in the Underdark.
If you see anything mysterious or unusual, just enjoy it while you can.  - Michael Leunig.

Offline Silk

• Lurker First Class
  • Planewalker
  • A cat of many colours
« Reply #53 on: April 22, 2005, 03:13:36 AM »
Valid point, Eral.  PPG does have a tendancy to meander in various directions.  Go right ahead with the liches and demis.
"Some say that our destinies may be read in the stars, that the plans of the gods are revealed to those who but know where to look.  They speak it true but their location is false, for I have seen my destiny shining in your eyes" (Anomen, PPG NPC Flirt Pack)

"You know you're tired when you get up from the desk and the headset's still around your neck"

Offline Da_venom

• Planewalker
  • No one escapes death
« Reply #54 on: April 23, 2005, 02:34:49 AM »
Silk, although proper forum etiquette has off-topic rules, ARE WE PPG OR NOT????

I believe the conversation has meandered to liches. Run with it.  :)
I now have an explanation for why the demi-liches in TOB Marching Mountains were so much harder than the liches in the Underdark.

wich is?:P

or you going to take over velo's comment?:P

Offline Eral

• Planewalker
« Reply #55 on: April 23, 2005, 03:41:26 AM »
I'm going to be VERY polite(well actually I'm going to be a bit cross) and respond to DaVenom's question. Having READ LoOk's explanation that when a lich's body decays he becomes more powerful and UNDERSTOOD Veloxyll's rejoinder about feeding of its own unholy decay, I now am no longer confused about why demi-liches are more powerful than liches.

And I don't "take over" other  people's comments. (I am not entirely sure what you MEAN by that, but I think you are talking about plagiarism. NB: I cite my sources.)
If you see anything mysterious or unusual, just enjoy it while you can.  - Michael Leunig.

Offline Veloxyll

• Seeker of Shiny Things
  • Planewalker
« Reply #56 on: April 23, 2005, 03:53:17 AM »
Having READ LoOk's explanation that when a lich's body decays he becomes more powerful and UNDERSTOOD Veloxyll's rejoinder about feeding of its own unholy decay, I now am no longer confused about why demi-liches are more powerful than liches.

Hooray!

Except, I made that up. Totally. I'd never read anything saying why.

I could of course expand on it and say that just as Lichery involves a ritual to make one more powerful, so does Demi-lichery for Liches.

Or I have the uncanny ability to make stuff up that fits in the same path as WotC explanations. I recall someone referring to my explanation of the magic system in another place YEARS after I wrote it! (I don't think I have it still. Charisma based casting is hard to explain)
Shiny things, shiny things, shiny shiny shiny things!

Offline Eral

• Planewalker
« Reply #57 on: April 23, 2005, 07:59:50 AM »
Vel, the statement "feeding on its own unholy decay" can be made up by you or Raymond E.Feist: it is fabulous, creatively and expressively worded, and a reasonable hypothesis as to why demi-liches are stronger than liches. If someone else wishes to present their hypothesis, I believe the forum is open.

Offline Da_venom

• Planewalker
  • No one escapes death
« Reply #58 on: April 23, 2005, 12:50:14 PM »
hehe gues some intense research has to be done how does one become a demi lich?

first a lich then morpf to demi

or straight to demi?

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: