Author Topic: Anyone here in contact with Magnus at CoM?  (Read 3599 times)

Peter Sanderson

Anyone here in contact with Magnus at CoM?
« on: March 11, 2005, 02:53:30 PM »
I was wondering if anyone here is using the Forge Mod or BG Adventure pack and knows if Magnus will be updating them to work with Tutu?  When I first installed Tutu, with fix pack 9, The Forge Mod worked fine.  In this latest set of fixes it did not.  It functioned just fine in vanilla BG1 but after the conversion you would here the inn sounds and then crash to black.

Vault 4.0 another item mod which purports to be BG friendly, I found did not install properly so I couldn't say if it worked or not.

Offline Ghreyfain

• Planewalker
    • Pocket Plane Group
Re: Anyone here in contact with Magnus at CoM?
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2005, 05:13:38 PM »
The trouble you're having might very well have to do with the De-Greenifying component.  I suggest skipping it in the meantime.
Earn Money Sleeping.

Peter Sanderson

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2005, 11:33:25 PM »
I'll give it a try, thanks for the input...appreciated :)

I just want to get a set of working mods in now and play through once to the end before fiddling around any more...but i can't leave well enough alone to play straight BG1 ;)

Salk

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2005, 12:52:37 AM »
The Vault Mode (by the way, the author is going to release an update version sometimes) adds items and bring modifications to many stores of the Sword Coast (ex. Beregost's, Ulgoth's Beard's, High Edge's) so it's important to know which mods The Vault is going to be installed with because there might easily be files overwritings.  :pirate

g.linder

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2005, 07:47:51 AM »
I am currently playing with the following configuration :

- BG + TOSC + Baldurdash FixPack + CoM Forge 1.02 + CoM BG1 Adventures Pack 1.05 + G3 Grey Clan 1.75
- SOA + TOB 26498 + Baldurdash FixPack
- Tutu v4 + Tutufix v13 (Core bugfixes + Green water degreenifier + new worldmap)

The CoM mods are fully functional for now (I'm on Nashkel, and found no bugs on my way), but I had to import some files manually in my Tutu Override folder. If you want to do this easily, I wrote a little C program that automates the thing.

You must :
- install Tutu, fixpack, mods... etc ;)
- download this http://athanatos.free.fr/BG1TUTU/tutu-postinstall.exe (or sources here http://athanatos.free.fr/BG1TUTU/tutu-postinstall.7z, if you want to check it before running it)
- rename it to convert.exe (or any name lesser than 8 characters) and copy it to your BG1 Override folder
- run it, it will create a folder TUTU_OVERRIDE and copy the files renamed appropriatly to this folder
- if you see an assertion error, something was going wrong (but my dialog is more explicit than Bioware ones, so you may remedy to the problem easily) : delete TUTU_OVERRIDE folder and retry
- go to the TUTU_OVERRIDE folder, and copy its content to your Tutu Override folder (and you must answer NO if Windows ask to replace a file : if Tutu already take care of it, you must not overwrite it !)
- delete the TUTU_OVERRIDE folder and the exe in your BG1 Override folder

That's done (doh !) :P

In fact, the program rename some files not imported by Tutu like the BAMs used by these mods, and some other files too like WAVs files (used for international versions I guess, for me -french player- I have some of them that wasn't imported and so, have english speechs instead of french ones).

I have not tested it intensively nor makes the program very user-friendly, but it works fine for me : french sounds, icons on mods items and no bugs added (hope).

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: