Author Topic: Siren's Call: pirate deaths  (Read 3715 times)

Offline BallOfFire

• Planewalker
Siren's Call: pirate deaths
« on: February 17, 2005, 02:22:27 AM »
When I kill the pirates it says
Pirate: Death
Pirate: (random quote from another quest, like if you tell Oublek you are Greywolf and get the reward, etc.)

I just killed the pirates, and am hoping it's a little longer than the 40 second battle and 30 second dialogue I've gotten so far =P.

Offline BallOfFire

• Planewalker
Re: Siren's Call: pirate deaths
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2005, 02:35:10 AM »
Um lol.  Am I missing something?  The mod appears to be one quest, and the shortest quest I have ever seen.  It was fun for the 2 minutes it lasted, but that was it.  I killed some Sirens, talked to Sil, told her I'd talk to the old man, talked to him, killed him and his buddies, and talked to Sil.  No reward, no magic items, no gold, no reputation increase, no thanks.  I slaughtered Sil as she walked away.  Nobody treats me like that.  This certainly is an improvement over what I always considered an incomplete area of Baldur's Gate, but I'd say "mod" is a huge overstatement.  Add some music to the new areas and some incentive to actually do the pirate quest other than the promise of treasure that you can get anyway and money that you probably don't even need, and then you can call it a mod =P.  Anyway, good job, I hope you continue to expand it as planned =).

Offline Ghreyfain

• Planewalker
    • Pocket Plane Group
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2005, 10:24:40 AM »
I'm trying not to be defensive when I say it only took me two evenings to make.
Earn Money Sleeping.

Offline BallOfFire

• Planewalker
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2005, 08:24:28 PM »
Wow quick.  I've seen links to it all over the net so I thought it must be some huge expansion.  I thought it would be kind of like the werewolf island or something.  I guess I saw it everywhere because it's one of the few TuTu mods.  I must say though, I got quite a bit of satisfaction from this mod by avenging my honor on Sil =).  It felt good to get around your "you gotta make a choice" theme for the mod.

Offline Ghreyfain

• Planewalker
    • Pocket Plane Group
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2005, 08:29:15 PM »
Heh, yes, of the choice between good and evil, you chose psycho.  And you got the loot.  Except for the addition I was planning for it, you'd have killed your contact person. ;)
Earn Money Sleeping.

Offline BallOfFire

• Planewalker
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2005, 09:02:54 PM »
Lol oh well.

Offline BallOfFire

• Planewalker
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2005, 10:19:49 PM »
Hmm, the random things that the pirates say when they die isn't just them.  All summoned things in my game are doing the same thing whenever they attack too.  Maybe it's not Siren's Call after all.

Offline underdog

• Planewalker
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2005, 08:44:41 AM »
Had the same problem with most of my summons, my wolves would say 'helped Drizzt Dourden today, ..."
or give the descriptions of various items.
!lanimret siht edisni deppart ma I !pleH

Offline BallOfFire

• Planewalker
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2005, 11:50:33 AM »
Yeah what they say is totally random it seems, though sometimes it seems fitting.  I think one of my mods added things that summons say, and it's buggy so now they say more than they are supposed to and so do other things.  I used the wand of monster summoning to summon about 70 monsters, then attacked a war dog.  It tried to bribe me 200 gold not to kill it.  The funny thing was that I made my gnolls and other summons kill it, and then the other war dogs defended themselves.  And when the war dogs killed a gnoll or other summons then it's buddies would try to avenge him.  I ended up with a huge summons brawl with all of them shouting things about giving me 200 gold or defending themselves against my bad treatment and other crazy stuff.  I saved a screenshot of the aftermath of the battle but I can't figure out how to post it here =P.

Offline SimDing0™

• Back In Black
  • Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • Word Enhancer
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2005, 01:42:02 PM »
The usual-- well, almost definite-- cause is that you're using a savegame from an older installation of Tutu. Starting afresh should avoid the string issues, if you really find them unbearable.

Oh, oh, unless Ghrey used fixed strrefs instead of SAY to assign a soundset to his pirates. I don't know.

Offline BallOfFire

• Planewalker
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2005, 02:07:54 PM »
I made a completely fresh install of BG, BG2, the patches, TuTu, and the mods I have installed.  No older version of TuTu installed within the fresh folders (though my roomate was midgame in an older version of TuTu, so I renamed his folder's for BG1 and BG2).

Offline Ghreyfain

• Planewalker
    • Pocket Plane Group
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2005, 03:41:04 PM »
Hm, fuck.  I figured the strings I'd been using were static ones from BG2, but it looks like they aren't.  That might also explain the summoned dogs, since I don't use SAY on them, either.

Sigh.  Fixpack v10 just got a few more things on the to-do list.
Earn Money Sleeping.

Offline BallOfFire

• Planewalker
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2005, 04:14:32 PM »
The war dogs also say "Sorry, we don't accept bribes."  Then they give me the quest to clear out the firewine ruins.  One of the gnolls said what a merchant in the woods said to me yesterday.  I thought maybe the summons were supposed to talk, because some of what they said seemed to make sense, but this sure doesn't.  They say things if you attack them, kill them, or click on then.  I installed the BG1 summons component (I forget if that was TuTu Tweaks or the TuTu fixpack).  I dunno if that has anything to do with it.  I also found that if I control-q units they say things too.  Some of those are strangely appropriate too though... but I think it's coincidence because other things they say are totally random.

Offline Ghreyfain

• Planewalker
    • Pocket Plane Group
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2005, 04:19:14 PM »
Yeah, this bug has been identified.  It's probably in Sirine's Call, the tutufix summons bit, as well as animate dead, I think.
Earn Money Sleeping.

Offline Ghreyfain

• Planewalker
    • Pocket Plane Group
« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2005, 05:29:10 AM »
All the stuff about Centeol has been split and moved to Tutu Bugs.
Earn Money Sleeping.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: