Author Topic: sirines don't turn hostile after I kill Sil  (Read 1531 times)

Gryphcon

sirines don't turn hostile after I kill Sil
« on: February 08, 2005, 10:19:38 PM »
After I side with Old Man and tell Sil that I'm going to kill her the other two beside her don't turn hostile.

Also, after I sneak into the cave and take the treasure, and come back outside to find the pirates waiting, they seem to be neutral to the sirines as well.

Also: I think siding with the Old Man should offer more benefits. There is nothing really siding with the Old Man has over siding with Sil other than a rep drop. You get all the Old Man's money, plus everything else the pirates have, plus the cave for siding with Sil.

Also: Why is there a rep drop for telling Sil you're going to kill her? In the readme, the explanation for why you don't get a rep gain for siding with Sil is " How likely is she or her kind to spread word of your good deed?" Does that not work the other way as well? The pirates might spread word, but not if they attack you for taking the cave treasure.

Offline Ghreyfain

• Planewalker
    • Pocket Plane Group
Re: sirines don't turn hostile after I kill Sil
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2005, 10:29:10 PM »
After I side with Old Man and tell Sil that I'm going to kill her the other two beside her don't turn hostile.

The coding looks like it'd do the trick on my install.  Do you have the ability to check a few files for me?

Check j#sirin1.bcs to see if it contains this block:

Code: [Select]
IF
OR(2)
Heard("Sil",1)
G("J#SilMurder",2)
!Allegiance(Myself,ENEMY)
THEN
RESPONSE #100
Enemy()
END

It should be second under normal circumstances.

Also, after I sneak into the cave and take the treasure, and come back outside to find the pirates waiting, they seem to be neutral to the sirines as well.

The pirates wouldn't actually be in a situation to be near any sirines if they behaved properly earlier, so that's not a bug.

Also: I think siding with the Old Man should offer more benefits. There is nothing really siding with the Old Man has over siding with Sil other than a rep drop. You get all the Old Man's money, plus everything else the pirates have, plus the cave for siding with Sil.

You get the same rewards for both quests.  Pirate cave treasure? Check.  Old man's 1000 gold? Check.  XP for butchering both or one faction? Check.

Also: Why is there a rep drop for telling Sil you're going to kill her? In the readme, the explanation for why you don't get a rep gain for siding with Sil is " How likely is she or her kind to spread word of your good deed?" Does that not work the other way as well? The pirates might spread word, but not if they attack you for taking the cave treasure.

Consider it a purely arbitrary and nonsensical decision on my part.  Until we make a VirTutue mod, reputation needs to serve the dual functions of a good-bad scale, and a reputation scale.  I figure there're enough opportunities to get bonuses to rep already, so an evil player should get a rep penalty for doing this evil deed.

Think of it as Reputation if you're good (no one knows of your good deed, so it doesn't go down), or Virtue if you're evil (no one saw you do it, but that doesn't mean you're any less evil).
Earn Money Sleeping.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: