Author Topic: Mae'Var in Chapter 6--workaround?  (Read 2421 times)

Offline belboz

• Planewalker
Mae'Var in Chapter 6--workaround?
« on: January 31, 2005, 04:10:22 PM »
I was reading Qwinn's notes (from the beta version, with a further note that the problem appears to be in the release version too) about trouble with the Mae'Var quest terminating early in Chapter 6, but I couldn't figure out from that thread if there was a known workaround.

Like Qwinn, I accepted Renal's quest to investigate Mae'Var in Chapter 3, but I didn't get around to doing it until Chapter 6. When I got back to town in Chapter 6, I talked to Brega, but refused his request (my character is Neutral, and hey, the shadow theives may be a bad bunch, but they've helped me out a lot). Then I went back to Mae'Var, stole the necklace for him, talked to Edwin, and...bam! Edwin wants to accompany me to take out Mae'Var. I turn him down, and from there on out, "Edwin has nothing to say to you."

Is there any way to fix this, or should I just kiss Renal's quest goodbye (assuming I don't want to restore back to Chapter 3)?

Offline SimDing0™

• Back In Black
  • Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • Word Enhancer
Re: Mae'Var in Chapter 6--workaround?
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2005, 06:37:16 AM »
Try setting the variable "D0Maevar","GLOBAL" to 0 and speaking to Edwin.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: