Author Topic: Cecile  (Read 3262 times)

Allanah

Cecile
« on: January 26, 2005, 03:46:50 PM »
Hi all, I'm playing BGII with this Quest Pack installed, and I'm having trouble with Cecile the money lender. I'm all good up to the point where I am supposed to go in and find him in the C.C. and find he's run off, but when I leave the C.C. no thug comes out to talk to me... help!

Offline Murdane

• Planewalker
Re: Cecile
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2005, 07:14:32 PM »
Celile. ;)

Hmmm, can you give some more information?  Where are you in the Moiya quest (did you even start it)?  I can try to help you, but first you'll need to give me some more details.

If you've gotten to the point where the thugs were beating up Moiya, you won't find Celile in the Copper Coronet again.

Allanah

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2005, 09:43:24 PM »
Yeah, I'm already there, she asked me to go talk to him, and I know he's not supposed to be in there (and he's not) but when I come back out there is noone to tell me where he is/where the girl is or anything. Isn't there supposed to be someone?

Qwinn

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2005, 09:56:48 PM »
In my games, I would find the thug outside of the CC -before- I went in, just outside of the door that Cecile himself is standing near (NOT the door near where Bernard is).

Maybe if you went straight from Moiya to the door on the right, without entering first in the left door, you might find him?

Assuming you still can't find him, did the quest run smoothly for you up until this point, or did you have to do anything special (like creating Moiya) in order to get to this point?  EDIT:  Never mind, I see that you said you were "all good" up until that point.

Qwinn
« Last Edit: January 26, 2005, 09:59:11 PM by Qwinn »

Allanah

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2005, 11:21:57 PM »
Thanks, but thats the door I usually use anyway, and, I tried doing both - in fact I was so desperate I tried multiple combinations of going in one and out the other with my save games. Also, about it running smoothly, it did go well, I found her and the thugs, and did the whole thing but still no thug when i came out of the C.C. then I reloaded my old game, and couldn't find her at all - so the second time I did have to create her and the boy and the thugs (I thought that was weird, considering I didn't have to the first time...) but still no thug when I came out of the C.C.

Qwinn

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2005, 04:17:05 AM »
Hrmmmm... I don't know what could be happening there, then.  The variables should have all been set the first time, although not the second time if you force-created her. 

Anyways, for the following, if you have a saved game from when you got Moiya and the thugs and her child to spawn naturally, load that for the following test, because the variables definetly won't be set right after the time you force-created them.

CLUAConsole:GetGlobal("D0Spawn","AR0400")
CLUAConsole:GetGlobal("D0Poor","GLOBAL")

The first one should return a value of 2, and the second should return a value of 10.  Give that a shot and let us know what you got.

Once that's done, you can force the thug to spawn by typing:

CLUAConsole:CreateCreature("d0thug")

You'll still wind up having to create him yet again though.  If the variables weren't set to what I said above, and you know how to set variables yourself, I'd try setting them to what they're supposed to be and then seeing if he appears.  Having him show up by himself should get all the variables set properly going forward.  Once you start creating the characters yourself, though, if you don't take care to also set the variables you'll have to continue creating them for the remainder of the quest, at least in the slums anyway.

Qwinn
« Last Edit: January 27, 2005, 04:25:28 AM by Qwinn »

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: