Author Topic: Cromwell and Mae'Var dialogues  (Read 2976 times)

Offline Shodan

• Goddess Of A.I.
  • Planewalker
Cromwell and Mae'Var dialogues
« on: January 26, 2005, 11:03:18 AM »
Cromwell has a bit of odd dialogue..

When I ask Crommwell to go through the list of possible standard SoA weapon components he thinks he's Mae'Var and I get all the options I think I'm suposed to get if I betray Renal and side with Mae'Var.

Component that might interfere:
Item Upgrade

http://www.rpgtalk.com/image/bg2/cromwell-maevar.jpg
« Last Edit: January 26, 2005, 11:05:00 AM by Shodan »
"Loo-loo-look at you hacker; a p-pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, (panting) panting and sweating as you ru-run through my corridors. H-h-how can you challenge a perfect, immortal machine"

underdog

Re: Cromwell and Mae'Var dialogues
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2005, 11:19:23 AM »
Not sure about fixing it, but I had the same thing happen with the Nalia Romance from Arnel, it would come up with a bunch of wedding dialog IIRC, I just picked option 1 whatever it was, and it worked, Cromwell did his job.

Offline SimDing0™

• Back In Black
  • Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • Word Enhancer
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2005, 03:09:56 PM »
That's nothing I've done/can do anything about, I'm afraid. When textual issues like that arise, best bet is to reinstall all the mods you're running, and of course dispose of anything non-WeiDU. You might also try installing Item Upgrade prior to Quest Pack if you didn't already do so.

Offline Shodan

• Goddess Of A.I.
  • Planewalker
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2005, 04:35:11 PM »
I'll try that. I can live with it in this game. Item Upgrade was installed AFTER Quest pack.
"Loo-loo-look at you hacker; a p-pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, (panting) panting and sweating as you ru-run through my corridors. H-h-how can you challenge a perfect, immortal machine"

Offline NiGHTMARE

• Idiot
  • Planewalker
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2005, 04:46:02 PM »
If Cromwell's dialogue is replaced by random dialogue from other mods, and Item Upgrade is installed each time it happens, the fault may in fact lie with Item Upgrade...
The Gibberlings Three - home to the BG1 NPC Project, BG2 Tweak Pack, Divine Remix, GemRB, Lands of Intrigue, Song & Silence, and many more!

Offline JW

• Planewalker
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2005, 01:01:41 PM »
I always have this problem after installing Item Upgrade, but due the huge ammount of other mods I also have (yes, and because I'm a lazzy ass, too) I never managed to track down the root of the problem... not that I'm sure I could either, heh.

As said, best solution is to reinstall, or what I do, modify the WSMITH01.DLG manually. In my case the strings (states, that's it) are still there, it just seems to be an 'extra' ammount of them floating aswell in the DLG. Often it occurs that they are Soulafein related, so they might be in-fact related. Who knows.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2005, 04:18:22 PM by JW »

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: