Author Topic: The Lure of the Sirine's Call is released!  (Read 126465 times)

erik

Re: The Lure of the Sirine's Call is released!
« Reply #25 on: June 08, 2008, 03:11:18 PM »
Aha! Reverse psychology to become the first mod with a fan-submitted klingon translation?  :P

Offline jcompton

• Niche Exploiter
  • Administrator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #26 on: June 08, 2008, 03:14:54 PM »
We did Swedish Chef Banter Packs as a joke a while back, so that territory has kind of been covered.
Cespenar says, "Kelsey and friends be at the Pocket Plane? Ohhh yesssss!" http://www.pocketplane.net

Offline cmorgan

• Planewalker
  • Searcher of Bugs
« Reply #27 on: June 08, 2008, 05:52:17 PM »
Jastey, toss me the raw version and I can package it up and test this week, if you like... you test on your Tutu v4 and I will test on my EasyTutu.

JCompton, you want an NSIS installer for Windows using the blue PPG icon and a .zip (using WinRar) for OS X, correct?

I am holding out for both Latin and Latin Kings (is that People, or Folk? I forget) translations -

"Et tu,  Brutus?" vs "Yo, chill. He be iced. Word."

jastey*

« Reply #28 on: June 09, 2008, 01:05:53 AM »
Please don't bother with a Linux version
OK, saves work.

That makes the to do list:

-update readme
-give Ardrouine a dialogue after the quest is finished
-create Mac OS X version

May I ask: If I'd create a combined BG1 / Tutu / BGT version of Lure of Sirines Call and promise to be responsible for updates as long as I am active in IE modding, would you consider putting it up?
Not that this would happen anytime soon, but it's a very nice quest, and I'd love to play it in my original BG1 playthrough.

Offline jcompton

• Niche Exploiter
  • Administrator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #29 on: June 10, 2008, 09:51:05 AM »
May I ask: If I'd create a combined BG1 / Tutu / BGT version of Lure of Sirines Call and promise to be responsible for updates as long as I am active in IE modding, would you consider putting it up?

I wouldn't force you not to.

And for packaging, just do a regular old .zip. I'm getting sorta tired of fielding "but my mega mod installer for OpenBSD running on my Nokia Internet Tablet can't unravel your NSIS packaging!" complaints.
Cespenar says, "Kelsey and friends be at the Pocket Plane? Ohhh yesssss!" http://www.pocketplane.net

Offline jastey

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #30 on: June 11, 2008, 12:54:24 PM »
Great! Thank you.

Offline jastey

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #31 on: July 21, 2008, 04:33:35 PM »
Update: Merging of the Tutu and BGT versions is done, including all the above changes. Sounds of the cre files are directly linked in the cre, so sound patching was taken out of the tp2.

Still to do: Testing and creating a MacOSX version.

If anyone feels like tesing it I would be very grateful. On my Tutu-install, it works fine:
EDIT: Link removed
« Last Edit: August 09, 2008, 02:34:06 AM by jastey »

Offline Graoumf

• Planewalker
« Reply #32 on: July 21, 2008, 05:37:20 PM »
I didn't test it but, here is the french update of Setup-SirinesCall.tra:

@1000  = ~Tutu detecte.~
@1001  = ~BGT detecte.~
@1002  = ~Ce mod devrait etre installe dans votre repertoire BG2, Tutu, EasyTutu ou BGT, apres l'installation de Tutu ou de BGT.~

Offline jastey

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #33 on: July 21, 2008, 06:03:32 PM »
Thank you very much!
Yes, I should make a call for translations:

@1000  = ~Tutu detected.~
@1001  = ~BGT detected.~
@1002  = ~This mod should be installed in your BG2, Tutu, EasyTutu, or BGT folder, after Tutu/BGT conversion.~

I would need these lines in Spanish, Polish, Italian, and Russian. Thank you in advance for translations!

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • The perfect moment is now.
« Reply #34 on: July 22, 2008, 12:26:46 AM »
These lines in Russian should be specifically in DOS encoding(don't ask). So I'll need your e-mail.

EDIT: but let's try copy-paste, _maybe_ it'll work. Maybe.
EDIT 2: Nah, doesn't. Better not risk it.

temujin.

« Reply #35 on: July 22, 2008, 12:43:35 AM »
it wouldn't install on bgt...

[C:\BGII - SoA\/DATA/BG1BCS.BIF] 805871 bytes, 263 files, 0 tilesets
Extended script [AR9500.bcs] with [sirinescall/scriptsar/_AR3600.baf]
Copying and patching 1 file ...

ERROR locating resource for 'COPY'
Resource [_ardrou.cre] not found in KEY file:
   [./chitin.key]
Stopping installation because of error.

ERROR Installing [The Lure of the Sirine's Call], rolling back to previous state
[sirinescall/backup/0/UNSETSTR.0] SET_STRING uninstall info not found
Will uninstall  40 files for [SIRINESCALL/SETUP-SIRINESCALL.TP2] component 0.

the only mods installed prior to it were fixpack and bgt + transition patch

Offline jastey

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #36 on: July 22, 2008, 02:31:06 AM »
Kulyok: Cool. I'd even prefer sending you the translation file, and you put the missing lines in and send it back?

temujin: Thank you very much for trying, it seems I introduced a Tutu/BGT resource mix on installation, although I tried not to.

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #37 on: July 22, 2008, 02:39:12 AM »
Sure. (It's kulyok, as usual,
at yandex.ru).

Offline jastey

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #38 on: July 22, 2008, 10:50:46 AM »
Version beta 0.4:

All test reports welcome. :)
« Last Edit: August 09, 2008, 02:34:22 AM by jastey »

Immortality (guest)

« Reply #39 on: July 22, 2008, 12:46:14 PM »
Hi, Jas!!!

This is the translation into spanish:

@1000  = ~Tutu detectado.~
@1001  = ~BGT detectado.~
@1002  = ~Este mod debe ser instalado en el directorio del BG2, Tutu, EasyTutu, o BGT, luego de la conversion a Tutu/BGT.~

Thaaanks!

temujin.

« Reply #40 on: July 22, 2008, 12:56:14 PM »
tested on a "basic" mega install (i.e. fixpack + bgt + sirine's call (v8 pre4) + worldmap).

1.  after killing the wolves and rescuing the kid, no matter what you say to the old man (i.e. whether you agree on taking the boy back to ardrouine, or act indifferent and leave him on his own), the reward is the same (500 xp, reputation +1, gold 60) when you talk to her later.  no big deal i guess.

2.  after rescuing the child and he gets back to his mum, you decide to kill the child right in front of her (for some inexplicable reason  :o :o).  she still thanks you for saving him and gives you the same reward without getting hostile.

3.  after rescuing the child you decide NOT to talk to the old man (i.e. the worgs have been killed with ranged weapons/spells or they have simply been lured away from that spot), you instead run back to his mum and get the reward for rescuing him.  the boy leaves after the quest (as usual).  but if you NOW decide to talk to the old man, the quest will break because after the old man says "what did you say your name was, again? brandon?", he wouldn't get any reply because the boy is already gone.

4.  if you are enter the house at (800,2830) and try to leave it, the game crashes to desktop (reproducible everytime).  this is also true for the lighthouse.  and the game crashes when you try to enter the old man's house as well.  so you can't proceed any further in the quest.  ???

5.  also, in the basement of the house at (800,2830), there is a door under the stairs.  is that supposed to lead anywhere?

Offline jastey

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #41 on: July 22, 2008, 01:44:22 PM »
Thank you for the translations, Immortality!

Thank you for the quick check, temujin!
1. is nothing I would see a need to change.

2. there a script to make her react would be nice. I am surprised she doesn't have one already, I'll check.

3. This could be prevented by leaving the boy with the old man there until the PC sees them and the conversation takes place. The thanks of the mother should be triggered only after that as well (maybe if she sees the boy).

4. I am surprised you encounter so many crashes, as the BGT area patching is taken from the BGT version 7.3 which run on a lot of BGT installs without problems. I will check whether something happened upon the copy and paste procedure.

5. No, it's the door to the small room under the stairs. It is common in some places. I have one, too, and am using it as a aplace for the vacuum cleaner, for example. I am sincerely thinking about placing a cat there, so people find something when opening the door.

temujin.

« Reply #42 on: July 22, 2008, 02:36:59 PM »
4. I am surprised you encounter so many crashes, as the BGT area patching is taken from the BGT version 7.3 which run on a lot of BGT installs without problems. I will check whether something happened upon the copy and paste procedure.
the thing is, once i'm inside the lighthouse (J#LIGH) or the storage house (J#STOR), i can clua back out into the lighthouse area (AR9500) just fine.  it's just when i try to exit through the doorway normally, the game crashes.  as for the old man's house (J#HALL and J#PTRY), even clua-ing there causes the game to crash.

i can enter and exit the cave next to Sil just fine as well as leave the lighthouse area altogether and re-enter it from another area.  so i'm thinking the problem lies in these new J#XXXX areas.  then again, it could just be my install that was somehow corrupted (unlikely, but possible).  i never tried the 7.3 version, but will give it a shot sometime later.

temujin.

« Reply #43 on: July 22, 2008, 02:59:16 PM »
jastey,

i just checked the areas with Infinity Explorer.  the triggers point to FW3600 (isn't this a tutu area).  i think it should be changed to AR9500.

one more bug:

6.   on the top floor of the lighthouse (J#LIG2) on container 9, there is a bugged item that has no name or description.  according to IE, it is supposed to be J#PNote.

Offline jastey

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #44 on: July 22, 2008, 03:29:24 PM »
Awesome! Thank you very much, temujin. I wouldn't know how, but I guess I mixed the Tutu and BGT area patching. I'll try again a clean copy from the BGT mod.

The note is mentioned in one of the "readmes", I think it is an item that was planned for later versions, that will probably never be realised. Maybe I can restore it, or I will take it out.

Offline jastey

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #45 on: July 22, 2008, 04:04:07 PM »
This is an intermediate version, to check the area patching. I would be grateful if you could check, whether the weird Tutu-link is corrected now:

(Don't forget to start from a new (save) game, to make sure..) Thank you in advance! None of the other reported issues were addressed yet.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2008, 02:34:36 AM by jastey »

temujin.

« Reply #46 on: July 22, 2008, 04:31:49 PM »
they are still pointing to the tutu areas.

also just to make sure i described the problem correctly:

a) i can enter the light house (J#LIGH) but can't exit.

b) i can enter the storage house (J#STOR) but again, can't get out.

c) i cannot enter the old man's house (J#HALL) and i'm pretty sure i wouldn't be able to exit if i managed to enter somehow.

not being able to exit is because of the tutu link problem for sure, but i don't understand why i cannot even enter in c).  is it because the first two areas have corresponding .mos and .wed files, but the third area (j#hall) does not?

Offline jastey

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #47 on: July 22, 2008, 05:27:42 PM »
I don't understand this either. I definitely copied the BGT area patching. I need to investigate on this with Ascension64's help. Thank you very much for reporting, temujin!

OK, I got it. It's not the tp2 patching, it's the area files. God, I feel stupid. Update will come hopefully the next days.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2008, 05:31:33 PM by jastey »

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #48 on: July 23, 2008, 01:08:14 AM »
Okay, done - check your e-mail. (Test install in Russian/all other languages is recommended!)

Offline jastey

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #49 on: July 23, 2008, 01:33:20 PM »
Thank you, got it!
All that's left to do is

-dealing with the non-existent but added item J#PNote: I am all for removing the link in the are-file. I wouldn't mind creating such an item, but then it would be strange that the PC wouldn't be able to talk about it with the "old man" and reveal his true intentions etc.pp.

-translations of the three lines for Italian and Polish

-there will be further "bug" reports about the door under the staircase going nowhere. I could imagine adding a trapped cat, as I suggested earlier, but that is of no real importance.

-OS X Version

Here is the link. The BGT version should work now (I wish I'd get a cent every time I say that): SirinesCall_v8_pre6.zip (1,4 MB) (Windows Version)
I'd be happy if someone would test it.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: