Author Topic: Invisible, unkillable, undamageable (and slightly annoying) Wraith of Wrath  (Read 1485 times)

DavidC

Hello.  I'm playing a  game through with everything in Tactics installed (except I installed it all after making my first save, so the Ilyich gang weren't improved, although there were still plenty of Duergar around).

I've reached the final battle.  All seemed to go ok (after a couple of reloads) in the first phase, and the enemies seemed to die ok. 
Last to die was the Wraith of Wrath, killed by one of my characters (after it'd been kept busy by a few skeleton warriors). 

Phase II started, my naked sorceror not appreciating the situation one bit, but managing to run around in circles keeping the skeleton warriors from the last phase between her and trouble, and casting a few useful spells to get rid of Himself.

Unfortunately, nothing happens after that.  Apparently, it should move on to Phase III.  That didn't happen, so I waited, and did some searching in this forum for anyone having a similar problem.  It looks like there have been a couple, but no definite answers about fixing it.

I did some investigating back in the game, and discovered the following :
For some reason, the game thought the Wraith of Wrath was still alive.
It didn't show up with any form of invisibility detection
It couldn't be attacked by characters or summons
It couldn't be affected by area effect spells - except sometimes you do see "Wraith of Wrath - Magic Resistance" when trying something (e.g. Horrid Wilting)
It could be targeted by Chain Contingency - but damage-causing spells didn't do anything. 
The game thinks the wraith is located right where its corpse image is.  Casting Teleport Field will move the corpse around - but again, you can't target it.
Dragon's Breath and Earthquake did give the message "Wrait of Wrath - Unconscious", but again, that didn't do any good.

So, any ideas ?  Will this happen again when I replay the fight ?  Could it have been fixed through the console ?  (after quitting the game, I thought of using CreateCreature to create another Wraith, then killing it, in case that helps - would it ?)

Thanks,
     David.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: