Author Topic: Introductions  (Read 135614 times)

Offline Andyr

• Dance Commander
  • PPG
  • Planewalker
    • The Gibberlings Three IE mod community
Re: Introductions
« Reply #200 on: February 14, 2006, 06:44:45 PM »
Pick your own in your profile. And, hi.
"We are the Gibberlings Three, as merry a band as you ever did see..." - Home of IE mods

<jcompton> Suggested plugs include "Click here so Compton doesn't ban me. http://www.pocketplane.net/ub"

I am unfortunately not often about these days so the best way to get hold of me is via email.

Offline chipsex

• Planewalker
« Reply #201 on: February 20, 2006, 07:00:08 PM »
I've never introduced myself.  I just started running my mouth...err....keys.  And I'm still not going to introduce myself.

Said much better than I ever could. After all the question in and of itself seems to imply that I truly know myself. Do I? I doubt it.

Offline melora

• The Quiet Storm
  • Planewalker
  • I don't need your attitude, i have one of my own !
« Reply #202 on: February 21, 2006, 08:29:15 AM »
*hands you a syringe full of stem cells* If it's in early stages, then this'll help.

can i have some of those?    i just bought my daughter a book i already gave her last year, and she told me i also gave her the same book and DVD 2 christmases in a row!
Somebody had to be me; it might as well be me.<br />-Charles Barkley

Klazmar

« Reply #203 on: February 26, 2006, 11:34:21 PM »
Well, I'm just here in my neverending quest to get my game to work with mods. IRL, I am selfish, noisy, nosy, mean-spirited, sluggish, boring and irritating. Oh ya and a MAsshole too. I'm 17 and can't stand to use smileys, but love nothing more than innappropriately placed emotes littering other peoples messages. Cheers.

Offline icelus

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #204 on: February 26, 2006, 11:37:54 PM »
Welcome, and enjoy your stay.  :)
<Moongaze> Luckily BWL has a very understanding and friendly admin.

Offline Gia

• Planewalker
    • Nil'Teran
« Reply #205 on: February 28, 2006, 10:21:46 PM »
Hello  :)

I finally registered after a looong time of snooping around for fixes and mods.  It's been years since I joined a modding community (I didn't have a pleasant experience in the community I was in).  But, I finally came (back) out in the open to thank all the modders for making BG/BG2 a womderful experience for many years.  Thank you and congratulations for every mod.

I have not done any modding (yet).  I tried.  Unfortunately, my hectic schedule gets in the way.

I'm originally from the Philippines.  I have been residing in the U.S. for ... geez... 20 years now.  I am the perpetual student (However, do not be deceived... for I am truly old).   Currently, I'm in the Special Education profession.  I love reading (all kinds of books), writing (prose, poetry, etc.), playing pc games (of course!), music and arts... and many more.  My spontaneity has brought so much adventure in life... in general.  :P  (This explains why I have so many interests/hobbies.  I make unpredictable shifts in interests randomly.  My attention span is short, heh.) 

Anyway, again, thank you for all the time and hard work put into these wonderful mods!

Offline Saber

• Planewalker
« Reply #206 on: March 26, 2006, 02:32:09 PM »
Hey, I'm Saber. I signed up for Mod help (I did the same at CoM). I am a huge poster (well, relatively huge) at Sorcerer's Place Boards O' Magick. I am 16 years of age. Thats basically all you need to know :D

So far, the help here has been invaluable :)
"Who is the more foolish... the fool, or the fool who follows him?"

Offline Shadow n 787

• Destroyer of Worlds.
  • Planewalker
  • Forever a king.....in my own mind.
« Reply #207 on: April 06, 2006, 03:21:28 PM »
I finally got the gall to register after a few months of mod hunting.
Great stuff btw. I love it all. ::)
"Awww, what happened to FLCL?" - <Shadow n 787>
".....For the last time, I AM NOT AN ELF!" - <Shadow n 787>

Offline Beetle

• Planewalker
« Reply #208 on: April 24, 2006, 12:32:02 AM »
Hi!

Long time lurker who finally got around to joining. Thanks for all the great mods that keep the game alive.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Offline redrake

• Planewalker
« Reply #209 on: April 29, 2006, 03:55:40 PM »
Hmm, perhaps I should introduce myself too. Up until 5 minutes ago, I was convinced that I was already registered here.
No matter, I'm Redrake and I'm on most IE games boards around here.

Offline Tempest

• Planewalker
« Reply #210 on: May 01, 2006, 03:07:06 PM »
Tempest here, just wandered over from CoM.
"Insanity: A perfectly sane response to an insane universe"

Offline Jinxie

• Planewalker
    • My deviantart
« Reply #211 on: May 23, 2006, 09:40:53 AM »
Hello there, I'm a long time lurker, and some bizarre form of procrastination from studying for (terrifying  :-X) immanent exams has led me right back to my old love, BG II.

Thought I’d finally join in after just hoarding all your wonderful mods for so long, so I might actually be able to contribute. I love to write, like, I suspect, most of you do, and whenever I have a few hours spare I love to paint or draw as well, though those few hours are becoming increasingly hard to find…

Anyway, I’m 17, a student, from good old London (it’s just stopped raining… ;) ), and an unabashed nerd. I’ve wanted to write a mod or at least help to write one for a long time now, and with my renewed love for BG II comes a whole lot of inspiration. And that’s all I can think of right now, hopefully that’s interesting enough for a first post  ;D

Offline vociferate

• Planewalker
« Reply #212 on: June 19, 2006, 11:17:33 AM »
are people still activly modding bg2?

I am just starting out,

in the past I have made a bunch of items and stores and such, but never anything too complicated.  This time I am trying joinable npc creation and want it to take off from there.  I know I am a little late to jump on the bandwaggon, but I think there are still a few people out there working on stuff.  If anyone wants to collaberate let me know.  I am an english major and a writer, so I love doing dialog and story.  If any group wants to add a member, I can pick up some of the loose ends and work on easier things until I build up some modding ability.  email me or pm me.  and hello :)

Offline jcompton

• Niche Exploiter
  • Administrator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #213 on: June 19, 2006, 03:01:23 PM »
are people still activly modding bg2?

Sure. It may not seem like it when we're all busy teasing each other with spurious polls and so forth, but there is in fact still modding going on and an active, steady stream of people interested in downloading and playing them.

You might want to post more detail about what you do and don't want to do in some of the general modding forums around the land. (Ours is here.)
Cespenar says, "Kelsey and friends be at the Pocket Plane? Ohhh yesssss!" http://www.pocketplane.net

Offline Evilyn

• Planewalker
« Reply #214 on: June 29, 2006, 05:09:58 AM »
Introductory nag: If this introductioning is supposed to be summat of an enforced duty, you really need to move the thread to a more prominent place. If it's not, ignore the previous.

I have no idea how long I've been here (though I arrived before I registered), but I'm passing away ever so often due to my broadband people being retards without business sense and even less courtesy. So it's like 6 weeks on, nine weeks off the net, repeat.

Hahrumphf... On to intros.

Expatriate of some small islands I don't really know the English name of, I'm currently residing in the glory that is Greater Stockholm, kingdom of Sweden. Relevant game info: Amused by BG2 demo, I bought and learned to like the game. Off to ID1 to love the music, which in turn led to ID2 and the same response. Annoyed by BG1 when I finally got it (why must everyone nag all the time?), and after many tribulations found PST but never completed it due to various affairs of the sordid kind.

Lover of coffee and cats, hater of dogs and that kind of music that comes with being a dog owner, I'm writing history in a variety of semi-professional ways when not studying. (Who needs an income? Apparently not me.) As for other stuff, I'm not sure what's expected of me, since no one knows me. I'm not helping there, probably, since I'm going by a different name in each place - I like names and try to work out new ones every so often. This one (correctly spelled "Evilyn..." but I didn't think the ellipse would be allowed) actually came from one of my characters in the charming little game of Mordor.

The above sounds rather bleak and boring, but who can blame me after the Swedish football results over in Germany? (Thank god our ladies remain in good form, pasting the Belarussians 6-0. Apologies for gloating if anyone from Belarus should be around.)

Offline berelinde

• Planewalker
    • Gavin, cleric of Lathander, for Tutu
« Reply #215 on: June 29, 2006, 02:17:11 PM »
Real job: chemist
Real talent: ability to screw up any installation no matter how simple

If you are looking for a way to see if your mod is idiot-proof, give it to me to see if I can get it to run on my computer.

That my computer works at all never ceases to amaze me.

Offline melora

• The Quiet Storm
  • Planewalker
  • I don't need your attitude, i have one of my own !
« Reply #216 on: June 29, 2006, 09:17:00 PM »
hi ruth,
i really enjoyed your post because my husband is also a chemist and incredibly inept when it comes to computers.  i call him "the digital menace"
Somebody had to be me; it might as well be me.<br />-Charles Barkley

Offline berelinde

• Planewalker
    • Gavin, cleric of Lathander, for Tutu
« Reply #217 on: July 02, 2006, 11:36:12 AM »
Ah, a kindred spirit.

It's frustrating, but I do try.

Offline Riviera

• Insanity and Randomness Incarnate
  • Planewalker
« Reply #218 on: July 04, 2006, 11:59:40 AM »
*fills out little form she yoinked from the first page*  ;D

About me
Old enough to know better, young enough to not care.

Interests - RPGs, cats, music (all kinds)

Favorite mod - So many good ones.. but I LOVE how the Kivan and Deheriana mod was pulled off. Although I like Kivan/PC so much I'm not sure I'll ever get Deheriana.. which is a shame, since I read some of her dialogues and I do like her a lot X3

Favorite upcoming mod - Cailean, Sola's new additions, any mod which adds quests, Lockheart

Favorite NPC - Kivan and Xan tie. They have so many things to say! Second place goes to Fade.

Favorite Romance - As in my sig.

Music - So many kinds.. Linkin Park (yep), Cheryl Crow, The Monkees, Evanescence, The Beatles, Shania Twain, KT Tunstall, Killing Hannah, Drowning Pool, Nobuo Uematsu (Final Fantasy Composer :) )

*waves*
« Last Edit: July 04, 2006, 12:02:25 PM by Riviera »
NPC favorites:

Xan
Kivan
Solaufein
Tsujatha

Note that they are all elves <3

Offline TormentedDragon

• spleling ninja
  • Planewalker
« Reply #219 on: July 21, 2006, 09:02:37 PM »
Hello.

I am... me. It's been ingrained from the moment I started using a computer not to make my name publicly available on the evil, evil internet. Call me TD. It fits.

I'm 19, be 20 in a few months, and a college student with way too much time on my hands and an overactive imagination.

I've been using computers since age three, playing games on them once I figured out that screwing up didn't mean the end of the world, and was introduced to RPGs through a little game called Icewind Dale. Which I've never actually played.

I own BG1, IWD 2, BGII: SoA and ToB, NWN and will be snatching up NWN 2 as soon as I can. I also own and play a wide variety of RTS, FPS, and action/adventure games. I can appreciate almost any kind of music, provided it actually has a meaning beyond "hey, I'm famous, worship me." I love reading and writing, but don't have the patience for modding IE games. NWN series... yes. Been working on one for a long time now. Progress goes slowly. I am lazy.

I also like giggling maniacally. Interpret as you will.

Offline Jazhara7

• Loony Empress of the World and Pyromantic Magpie
  • Planewalker
  • Bean Nighe on holiday
« Reply #220 on: December 11, 2006, 03:25:03 PM »
Hey, I'm new.

"As am I."

>>>*sigh* And I guess I'll have to play along to, do I?<<<

Yes.

>>>Oh well. I'm new too.<<<

~~Garrx shdaaay agerew aaa.~~

"Mr. Grue said: 'I am a new member as well.'"

Thank you Iggy.

>>>Why does Igrette always get to translate what Mr. Grue says?<<<

Because you, Jazhara666, my dear Evil Twin, took neither Grue, *nor* Draconic in Evil Twin school.

>>>Oh right. I took the language of everything cute, fluffy pretty AND EVIL instead, so as to better communicate with my minions. Had I of course known that I would be the evil twin of *YOU*, then I would have of course taken draconic, so I could talk with your foster Angeldragon child.<<<

But you didn't.

"Yeah, and so you can't talk to me in secret, and you can't understand Mr. Grue's dialect! *sticks out tongue at Jazhara666*"

And now silence you two! I after all have to rule this planet all alone, and that's not being done by itself. And you don't want the armies of the evil grey squirrels to destroy humanity, do you?

"No..."

>>>As much as I hate you, I'm human too. So, no...<<<

Good. And now: Ishi.

:) :) :) :) :) :) :)
I like fire. 'tis pretty.

P.s.: I have just learned that mixing fire with other things I like leaves me with less things I like.

Offline Andrinn

• Planewalker
« Reply #221 on: December 15, 2006, 04:23:47 PM »
Heya - was lurking here for quite awhile about a year ago, and I have recently gotten bored with many of the MMOs I was playing so I decided to come back here and out of the shadows and register.  Played many of the mods around here and enjoyed most of them. thumbs up all around on very good work and keep it up!

Offline Marinus

• Rudeboy
  • Planewalker
« Reply #222 on: February 11, 2007, 06:45:42 AM »
Hello, I've decided to register here after some time spent on lurking as an anonymous visitor. This forum seems to be a nice place to discuss all the details about mods and stuff... so I hope to participate in many interesting discussions. Best regards.

(Gee, this forum is so huge, I still cannot use it with ease. 8) Probably I'll need some time to get used to it.)

Offline Khaira

• The dark elf maiden of chaos...
  • Planewalker
  • I <3 Gorillaz
    • Visions of a Senshi fan
« Reply #223 on: February 18, 2007, 08:41:36 PM »
Hello Im Tyn but I tend to answer to my character name Khaira, I got into BGII and TOB years ago when I lived in florida then lost the games in a move. I just recently re brought them and im enjoying them even more now with the banter and romance packs. Once I feel more comfy playing the game again Im going to check out the other features this site has to offer to. Its nice to find a group of players who enjoy the game, hope to enjoy reading the stuff that go on in this forum and every once in awhile posting something witty.  :)
in a world of chaos there are no such things as friends or foes, randomness guides and terror awaits you.

Offline Discord

• Planewalker
« Reply #224 on: March 20, 2007, 06:51:04 PM »
Boo! I've been around for a while, but I've been gone for like a year so I thought I'd say hi again. I don't think I even properly introduced myself the first time...

So hi!

A random fact about me... I cant give blood because the Red Cross thinks I have mad cow disease.

But I'm pretty sure I dont.

(moo...)
Kadreyel NPC
www.freewebs.com/kadreyel
A new NPC mod with a mission.

Coming soon(er or later)
[/size]