Author Topic: Revised Gorje dialogue.  (Read 4913 times)

Offline Andyr

• Dance Commander
  • PPG
  • Planewalker
    • The Gibberlings Three IE mod community
Revised Gorje dialogue.
« on: December 28, 2004, 05:09:33 PM »
A poster named Diana PMed me saying she thought the duergar dialogue in the Gorje quest was a bit Brooklynesque, could she redo it? I said she could, sure, and I'd post it for review. Here it is. :) Oh, apparantly only the duergar lines have been altered.

If there's no complaints shall we chuck it in v14?

@1    = ~I just couldn't bear to see you leave. You were amusing, but the game is over. One last time, let our paths cross in blood!~ [J#Bodhi]
@2    = ~Again we meet, Child of Bhaal.  You are dragging your feet.  Perhaps I should encourage you to make better time.~
@3    = ~Well done, Child of Bhaal.  Run faster, and perhaps you'll soon escape!~
@4    = ~By Abbathor's unwashed arse!  Who in the name o' all the Hells are ye?~
@5    = ~You must be the Gorje that Unger spoke of.  I came here at the request of your brother.~
@6    = ~'Tis none of your affair.  Stand aside!~
@7    = ~I am <GABBER>.  Who are you?~
@8    = ~That dirt sniffin’ idiot!  He sent ye to rescue me?  Just like him, the pyrite-brained fool!  Couldn’t pick up an axe and do the dirty work himself, had to leave it to surfacers.~
@9    = ~No. I'm looking for illithium.~
@10   = ~Uh... yes.~
@11   = ~Oh ye be thinkin' so?!  Look, ye pile o' tree droppin's, this is me stake!  Ye can just bugger off and feed yerselves to the beast below us!~
@12   = ~The beast?~
@13   = ~Fine.  I'm leaving.~
@14   = ~Good riddance, surfacer scum!  Ye can find a new place to hide.  Yer stink is turnin' me stomach!~
@15   = ~Gorje Hilldark is me name.  I own this place along with me no-good gravel-brained brother, Unger.~
@16   = ~So all of these skeletons and so forth are your servants?~
@17   = ~Nice to meet you.  I'll be going now.~
@18   = ~Why are you here?~
@19   = ~Illithium!!??  He told you??  That thrice blasted moron!  That ale-guzzlin' worm farmer!  That nancin' drow buggerin' fool!  Where is he?  I'll lop off his empty head and use it fer a chamber pot!! (Won't rescue me but he’ll tell a bunch o' dirt lovin' surfacers where to find the place...)~
@20   = ~So the illithium is here.  Relax, I just want a little bit and I'll be on my way.~
@21   = ~Your brother is at the Copper Coronet pining for his lost cavern of riches.  How is it that you are still here with all of the monsters about?~
@22   = ~Unless ye be as blind as a cave rat and as thick as granite, ye must have noticed that these ruins have been invaded by a group o' beasties.  Somethin' enormous has made its home below us and taken control o' me mine.  I’ve been here hopin to find a way out.  Is the way clear behind ye?  Is there a safe way out?~
@23   = ~What is this enormous thing of which you speak?~
@24   = ~I'm sorry.  I barely snuck by the beasts myself.  Unless you're willing to fight your way out, you're stuck here.~
@25   = ~The path is clear.  You can escape.~
@26   = ~It didn’t look like it was the conversational type.  It burned its way through the very earth and now has made its home in a room below us.  I'm happy to leave it be.  Now tell me, is there a safe way out o' this prison?~
@27   = ~Ye find this situation funny, don’t ye surfacer?  Gorje, abandoned by the cowardly pile o' drow filth that masquerades as his brother.  Bloody hilarious, ye twit.  My "servants" are the reason why this cavern o' ours has no more value.  Our shipping routes are closed unless ye've carved a path to the door.~
@28   = ~Unger is an even bigger fool than ye for thinkin' that an incompetent surfacer like yerself could rescue me.  But if ye nae be any help, then I’ll risk it meself.  Better than stayin' here and smellin' yer stink!~
@29   = ~Ye be serious?!  Bloody hellfires, me idiot brother did something right for a change?!  In that case, I’m off to find the gritsucker.  And I’d recommend ye leave this accursed place before that beastie below finds ye and makes ye into a snack.  Who knows, that beastie may think yer crunchy and good fer snackin' on.~
@30   = ~Gain the services of Sir Sarles for the temple.

I have found Unger's lost brother, Gorje.  Let us hope that he will keep up his end of the bargain and provide me with the necessary ore.~
@31   = ~Then ye be too late.  The last o' the illithium from this accursed place is gone.  What the looters didn’t get off these ancient walls, I shipped off to that fool brother o' mine.  Yer welcome to take the tour, but I scoured this place real well. Good luck!  I'm leaving to find me idiot brother.  I’d suggest ye leave this accursed place.  All yer likely to find is yer death at the hands o' the beastie below.~
@32   = ~Don't be bothering me, little one.  I'm not in a pleasant mood this morn.~
@33   = ~What are ye starin' at?  Ain't illegal to be a dwarf, last I heard.  Take yer eyes off o' me and put them someplace safe.~
@34   = ~Ahh, but you're not an ordinary dwarf, are you?  Not by a longshot.~
@35   = ~No need for hostilities. Jerlia sent me. I wish to discuss illithium.~
@36   = ~Sorry to have disturbed you, though it seems you were disturbed already.~
@37   = ~I dinnae like yer tone, <GIRLBOY>. If ye've got something to say, best you spit it out now before yer spendin' the day lookin' fer yer teeth!~
@38   = ~You heard me, duergar. You should listen to what I say. I need illithium.~
@39   = ~No need to get angry, I meant no offense. Jerlia sent me. I need illithium.~
@40   = ~I apologize completely. I'll be going now.~
@41   = ~Move along, 'kin.' I dinnae have anything to say to ye, despite ye being the proper height.~
@42   = ~And I know why. Ye are no more me kin than the drow are.~
@43   = ~Sorry to have bothered you. I'll leave you well and truly alone.~
@44   = ~Yer words be nothing. Keep them to yerself, they are all ye'll ever get from me.~
@45   = ~She did, did she? Bloody hellfire!  I'll think I be needin' to have a chat with the lass. I trust ye paid her enough that there will be some for her to split with me. She will see that it is wise to do so, if the cutthroat lass knows what's good fer business.~
@46   = ~Ye seek illithium, do ye? I have none, and I nae be getting more anytime soon. Now that that is out o' the way, goodbye and good riddance!~
@47   = ~Please. It is for the glory of Lathander that I speak with you.~
@48   = ~It is the glory of Helm that I serve. Please reconsider.~
@49   = ~I serve the fury of Talos. Reconsider, lest he punish us both in the end.~
@50   = ~Wait. This could be very profitable for you. Won't you reconsider?~
@51   = ~I think you'll stay and talk, duergar! You wouldn't want me shouting about you.~
@52   = ~It nae matter, ye blitherin' fool. I nae HAVE any illithium. None. It be that simple. My source is inaccessible, and if I can nae get some, I nae getting it fer ye. Stoke yer forge if ye want, but it nae do ye a lick o' good.~
@53   = ~You sound like this was not a planned shortage. What is the problem?~
@54   = ~Can't handle your own supply, huh? I guess you're just unreliable.~
@55   = ~Then what WILL help? This is very important.~
@56   = ~Oooh, surfacer gods.  They mean little to me. May as well be fer the glory of this chair I be sittin' on. I could spend all day rattlin' off reasons why I nae care for yer fate or what bint ye worship, but it's pointless.  Nae even to pass the time between pints.~
@57   = ~I know of Talos. I must admit, fer a surfacer god, he has a few interesting ideas. Nae concern me in the least, but it do be interestin'.~
@58   = ~Ye plan on announcin' to the whole bloody world that I am duergar in the hopes that I will change me tone? Plannin' on hirin' a town crier to do it fer ye?  It nae do ye a damn bit o' good.  None in here would move against me, ye surfacer, and ye'll never get me out in the light. Besides, it still nae do ye a bit o' good.  Except maybe givin' that annoyin' voice o' yers some excercise.~
@59   = ~Oh, so now ye wish to be me friend? Out o' the goodness o' yer heart?  Found a place fer one o' me kind in that big soppy heart o' yers?  Why should I bother listenin' to ye at all?~
@60   = ~I'm not interested in harming a simple merchant. Where else will you get help?~
@61   = ~You can't fix your problem or you would have illithium. What else can you do?~
@62   = ~It mayin be true, but I nae can do anythin' about it. I can nae provide what ye need and I have nae means to change that. I also nae have a single reason to believe ye will help me.~
@63   = ~Flattery be gettin' ye nowhere, ye half-brained hairless chimp. Ye have no illithium, and I have no illithium. Ye do better to help me, but then again, I have nae reason to believe ye will.~
@64   = ~Tell me why I should bother to trust ye with me problems?~
@65   = ~Nowhere. This place is unfriendly to even those pathetic dwarves o' hill and mountain. Alright, surfacer, ye wish to share me problems, I'll let ye have 'em.~
@66   = ~Nothing. Very few opportunities fer mercantile trade in this place when ye are even a hill or mountain dwarf. Alright, surfacer, ye wish te share me problem, I'll give it to ye.~
@67   = ~Ye want illithium, ye can wait for it. We mine it deep in the earth, and it be dangerous goin'. It be rare enough when production be normal.~
@68   = ~This be all useless information though, because me latest shipment has yet to arrive! Me idiot brother, the gravel-brained halfwit, was to oversee the final shipment o' the season, but I've nae heard from him in weeks.  The fool had better be dead or I'll kill 'em meself!~
@69   = ~Perhaps I can help the both of us, then.  If I agree to find your lost brother, and I am successful, will you provide me with the illithium I require?~
@70   = ~Bah! I care nothing for you or your worthless kin. I will find some other means to acquire what I need.~
@71   = ~Where might I find your lost brother?~
@72   = ~Ye want to go chasin' after him, that's yer business. It be lost to me anyway. I show me face and I'll have the guards on me just for being duergar.~
@73   = ~Hello, fool. Stay out of me way, will you? Healthiest thing fer both of us.~
@74   = ~I was told to talk to you, duergar.~
@75   = ~Typical of this city. I'm just a poor businessman, but I'll be jailed just for me shadowed face. The bastard that robbed me looks just like a bleedin' hill dwarf, so he's welcomed with open arms.~
@76   = ~They nae guess at what a fiend he is. After I hired him, I found out what he had done. I do suppose that's why he cheated me and took off.  Thievin' bastard...~
@77   = ~Don't you worry. Just point me in the right direction.~
@78   = ~I'm sure he's just terrible. Now where is he?~
@79   = ~Yes, yes, life is unfair. I'll take care of him.~
@80   = ~I judge by actions. You seem harmless enough, really.~
@81   = ~Yes, well, ye can go after him if ye like. Last I heard he was holed up in the Bridge district. A derelict little place bought with me gold...  Here, I'll even mark it on yer map, there.~
@82   = ~He won't nae be movin' much. He was on the run from Baldur's Gate when I met him. Oh, I suppose ye'll want his name as well.~
@83   = ~The name was Neb. He left a few families cryin', or so I hear. Tell his corpse that Unger Hilldark sent ye.~
@84   = ~Wait, ye're the one that was askin' about Neb, weren't ye. Nice job, takin' me illithium and lettin' him go.~
@85   = ~I suppose ye haven't heard that he's gone and killed a bunch o' kids over in Esmeltaran. Moves quick, he does. Nice going, hero.  Ye get the metal but ye let the fiend go on a-murderin'.  Brilliant.~
@86   = ~If'n ye want to risk yer hide for my worthless brother, then so be it.  He'll likely be lurkin' below the surface o' a temple far to the east.  The fool probably caved the whole damned place down on his thick skull.  Find the bastard, and I'll give ye the ore.  Here, I'll even show ye on yer map.~
@87   = ~Fine.  I will do what I can to help us both.~
@88   = ~Gain the services of Sir Sarles for the temple.

Unger Hilldark told me that his latest shipment of illithium has not arrived.  The shipment was to be delivered by Unger's brother, Gorje, but he has been missing for weeks.  I have agreed to look for Gorje in the "ruined temple of a dead god", and if I am successful, Unger has promised to provide me with the necessary illithium.~
@89   = ~On second thought, I have better things to do than to look for missing dwarves. I will be going now.~
@90   = ~Suit yerself. Begone, fool.~
@91   = ~So there ye are, me dear, sweet, thick headed brother returns.~
@92   = ~Aye, and with no help from ye, ye cowardly sack o' drow dung.  Ye had to hire these bloody surfacer "adventurers" to bail me out, while ye sat here an' drank yer ale and moaned like a woman!~
@93   = ~Ye ungrateful bastard!  I nae shoulda told 'em where ye were!  Shoulda left ye to rot in that godsfersaken hole!  Now where be the illithium?!~
@94   = ~The illithium?~
@95   = ~Aye, the illithium, ye gravel-brained kobold!  The illithium!!  Ye know, the final shipment that ye promised to deliver?  So as we can be makin' a bit o' coin and recoup some o' the damn bribes?  That illithium!?~
@96   = ~Oh... er...  illithium.  Aye.  Well, brother, it be like this.  There be none left.  I scoured the mine and nae found an ounce.  Someone poached the mine on us.  At least ye still have the last shipment.~
@97   = ~I hate to interrupt this family gathering, but what about the illithium?~
@98   = ~So, you don't have it, and you don't have it?  Where am I going to get my illithium?~
@99   = ~So, I went all this way, risked my neck, and you two duergar don't have the illithium I need?~
@100  = ~No illithium?!  None left?!  I have a business to run and ye waltz back in without the illithium! Ye pile o' troll droppin's!  Yer going to ruin me!  I needed that shipment and ye had the gall to get captured and stuck somewhere, forcin' me to ask these tree huggin' surfacers to rescue yer, and ye dinna have the decency to die rather than come back with some illithium!!~
@101  = ~Bloody hell.  There was none left to bring ye.  But ye still have the last shipment right?  The one I sent a few weeks back?~
@102  = ~So you do have some illithium?  But you said you didn't?~
@103  = ~And where is this illithium?  I told you of my need!~
@104  = ~As I said surfacer, I nae have any illithium right now.  His delivery was supposed to replenish me stocks.~
@105  = ~So, ye already managed to sell the whole consignment?~
@106  = ~Er... Not exactly.  The consignment went more... missin'.  Err, stolen as it were.~
@107  = ~STOLEN?!!  And yer yellin' at me fer not findin' any more when there was none!  Ye illithild-humpin' dirtbag!  Ye pile o' succubus drippin's!  Ye had 200 pounds o' illithium STOLEN from ye?!!~
@108  = ~And me people consider these fools threats?  They can barely keep their precious metals in one place.~
@109  = ~Save me from duergar folly.  After all this whinin' I need an ale!~
@110  = ~Ugh.  We traipsed all over that dungeon for nothing!  <CHARNAME>, this is such a waste of time.~
@111  = ~Stolen?  You didn't tell me that is what happened to the last shipment.~
@112  = ~So one brother can't find any and the other loses the rest? Now what do I do?~
@113  = ~I'm here because me ruins have been invaded and me brother has left me to die, the cowardly pile o' drow filth!~
@114  = ~Watch it, duergar!~
@115  = ~No offense meant to yer drow pet.~
@116  = ~I am no one’s pet, duergar scum.~
@117  = ~As I said, drow, no offense.~
@118  = ~Don't be blamin' me fer this!  I told ye, there was none left.  Yer lack o' illithium is me pig headed brother's fault.~
@119  = ~How did it get stolen?  Did ye ferget to pay off the Shadow Theives?  Or did ye just leave it out in plain sight like the pile o' goblin spit that ye are.~
@120  = ~Nae, it was an inside job.  That dwarf I hired to help me move it, he took ther whole shipment, the rotten arse bastard!~
@121  = ~Him!?  I coulda told ye he'd try somethin' like this!  Wait, I seem to be havin' a revelation!  Divine recall if it were.  I did tell ye he was trouble.  Too shifty... on the run.  But ye said that he was too cost effective to pass up.  Really cost effective, huh?  Bloody piker took off with all o' our merchandise!~
@122  = ~I can nae believe this.  Yer incompetence is unbelievable!  I'd rather be rock huntin' in umber hulk caves than deal with this any longer.  Robbed o' all our profits!~
@123  = ~Shut yer bleedin' hole.  If ye had found a better source... blast it all.  It nae matter now.  We be needin' to find a new source and a new way to be gettin' it in.  As to the illithium, surfacer, I think I may still be able to help ye, and get that bastard back... if yer interested.~
@124  = ~After all this, yes!~
@125  = ~I agree with your brother--you are incompetent. I'll find another source.~
@126  = ~No one invited ye.  Now keep yer jaws shut!~
@127  = ~No, I dinnae have any right now.  I was countin' on this troll brain's latest delivery.~
@128  = ~And if I had told ye, would ye have helped me?  No?  I dinnae think so.~
@129  = ~Piss off then.~
@130  = ~Aye, <GIRLBOY>, so we meet again.~
@131  = ~So, with all the beasties about and nae sign o' me brother, that’s why I’m still here.~
@132  = ~Actually, Unger is hiding out at the Copper Coronet in Athkatla.  He told me where I could find you and his lost illithium.~
@133  = ~Why don't you leave? The path to the door has been cleared of beasts for the time being~
@134  = ~I'm afraid you're stuck. I barely made it here alive as it is.~
@135  = ~Oh ye be thinkin' so?!  Look, ye tunnel robbin' gritsucker, this is me stake!  Ye can just bugger off and feed yerselves to the beast below us!~
@136  = ~Fine. I'm leaving.~
@137  = ~Oh ye be thinkin' so?!  Go hug a tree, elf, this is me stake!  Ye can just nance off and feed yourselves to the beast below us!~
@138  = ~Talk to me idiot brother.  I've nothing more to say to ye.~
@139  = ~Gorje Hilldark is the name. I own this place along with me no-good gravel brained brother, Unger.~
@140  = ~Nice to meet you. I'll be going now.~
« Last Edit: January 06, 2005, 06:25:42 PM by Andyr »
"We are the Gibberlings Three, as merry a band as you ever did see..." - Home of IE mods

<jcompton> Suggested plugs include "Click here so Compton doesn't ban me. http://www.pocketplane.net/ub"

I am unfortunately not often about these days so the best way to get hold of me is via email.

Offline rreinier

• Planewalker
Re: Revised Gorje dialogue.
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2005, 11:28:30 AM »
~It didn’t look like it was the conversational type.  It burned its way through the very earth and now has made its home in a room below us.  I'm happy to leave it be.  Now tell me, is there a safe way out o' this prison?~
That one doesn't strike me as being very Gorje-like.

@22: hopin should be hopin'

All in all, I don't see why we should change what was in the original version. It seemed fine to me...

Offline Andyr

• Dance Commander
  • PPG
  • Planewalker
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2005, 11:29:56 AM »
I don't really mind, just wondering what other people think. This better, yay or nay?
"We are the Gibberlings Three, as merry a band as you ever did see..." - Home of IE mods

<jcompton> Suggested plugs include "Click here so Compton doesn't ban me. http://www.pocketplane.net/ub"

I am unfortunately not often about these days so the best way to get hold of me is via email.

Offline Andyr

• Dance Commander
  • PPG
  • Planewalker
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2005, 06:39:53 PM »
This is the current. For comparison.

@1    = ~I just couldn't bear to see you leave. You were amusing, but the game is over. One last time, let our paths cross in blood!~ [J#Bodhi]
@2    = ~Again we meet, Child of Bhaal.  You are dragging your feet.  Perhaps I should encourage you to make better time.~
@3    = ~Well done, Child of Bhaal.  Run faster, and perhaps you'll soon escape!~
@4    = ~By Abbathor's unwashed arse!  Who in the name of all der Hells are you?~
@5    = ~You must be the Gorje that Unger spoke of.  I came here at the request of your brother.~
@6    = ~'Tis none of your affair.  Stand aside!~
@7    = ~I am <GABBER>.  Who are you?~
@8    = ~That dirt sniffin’ idiot!  He sent you to rescue me?  Just like him, the pyrite brained fool!  Couldn’t pick up an axe and do the dirty work himself, had te leave it te surfacers.~
@9    = ~No. I'm looking for illithium.~
@10   = ~Uh... yes.~
@11   = ~Oh ye be thinking so?!  Look you pile o' tree droppin's, dis is my stake!  Ye can just bugger off and feed yerselves to the beast below us!~
@12   = ~The beast?~
@13   = ~Fine.  I'm leaving.~
@14   = ~Good riddance, surfacer scum!  Ye can find a new place to hide.  Your stink is turning me stomach!~
@15   = ~Gorje Hilldark is de name.  I own dis place along with me no-good gravel-brained brother, Unger.~
@16   = ~So all of these skeletons and so forth are your servants?~
@17   = ~Nice to meet you.  I'll be going now.~
@18   = ~Why are you here?~
@19   = ~Illithium!!??  He told you??  That thrice blasted moron!  That ale-guzzlin' worm farmer!  That nancing drow buggerin' fool!  Where is he?  I'll lop off his empty head and use fer a chamber pot!! ( Won't rescue me but he’ll tell a bunch of dirt lovin' surfacers where te find the place...)~
@20   = ~So the illithium is here.  Relax, I just want a little bit and I'll be on my way.~
@21   = ~Your brother is at the Copper Coronet pining for his lost cavern of riches.  How is it that you are still here with all of the monsters about?~
@22   = ~Unless ye be as blind as a cave rat and as thick as granite, you must have noticed that these ruins have been invaded by a group of beasties.  Something enormous has made its home below us and taken control of me mine.  I’ve been here hopin te find a way out.  Is the way clear behind you?  Is there a safe way out?~
@23   = ~What is this enormous thing of which you speak?~
@24   = ~I'm sorry.  I barely snuck by the beasts myself.  Unless you're willing to fight your way out, you're stuck here.~
@25   = ~The path is clear.  You can escape.~
@26   = ~It didn’t look like it was der conversational type.  It burned its way through the very earth and now has made its home in a room below us.  I'm happy te leave it be.  Now tell me, is there a safe way out of this prison?~
@27   = ~Ye find this situation funny, don’t ye surfacer?  Gorje, abandoned by the cowardly pile o' drow shite that masquerades as his brother.  Bloody hilarious ye twit.  My "servants" are the reason why this cavern of ours has no more value.  Our shipping routes are closed unless ye've carved a path to the door.~
@28   = ~Unger is an even bigger fool than you for thinkin' that an incompetent surfacer like yourself could rescue me.  But if ye nae be any help, then I’ll risk it meself.  Better than stayin' here and smellin' your stink!~
@29   = ~Ye be serious?!  Bloody hellfires, my idiot brother did something right for a change?!  In that case, I’m off to find the gritsucker.  And I’d recommend ye leave this accursed place before that beastie below finds ye and makes ye into a snack.  Who knows, that beastie may think yer crunchy and good fer snackin' on.~
@30   = ~Gain the services of Sir Sarles for the temple.

I have found Unger's lost brother, Gorje.  Let us hope that he will keep up his end of the bargain and provide me with the necessary ore.~
@31   = ~Then ye be too late.  The last o' de illithium from this accursed place is gone.  What the looters didn’t get off these ancient walls, I shipped off to that fool brother o' mine.  Yer welcome te take the tour, but I scoured this place real well. Good luck!  I'm leaving to find my idiot brother.  I’d suggest ye leave this accursed place.  All yer likely te find is yer death at the hands o' the beastie below.~
@32   = ~Don't be bothering me, little one.  I'm not in a pleasant mood this morn.~
@33   = ~What are you staring at?  Ain't illegal to be a dwarf, last I heard.  Take your eyes off of me and put them someplace safe.~
@34   = ~Ahh, but you're not an ordinary dwarf, are you?  Not by a longshot.~
@35   = ~No need for hostilities. Jerlia sent me. I wish to discuss illithium.~
@36   = ~Sorry to have disturbed you, though it seems you were disturbed already.~
@37   = ~I dinnae like yer tone, <GIRLBOY>. If ye've got something to say, best you spit it out now before yer spendin' the day lookin' fer yer teeth!~
@38   = ~You heard me, duergar. You should listen to what I say. I need illithium.~
@39   = ~No need to get angry, I meant no offense. Jerlia sent me. I need illithium.~
@40   = ~I apologize completely. I'll be going now.~
@41   = ~Move along, 'kin.' I don't have anything to say to you, despite ye being the proper height.~
@42   = ~And I know why. You are no more my kin than the drow are.~
@43   = ~Sorry to have bothered you. I'll leave you well and truly alone.~
@44   = ~Yer words be nothing. Keep dem to yerself, they are all ye'll ever get from me.~
@45   = ~She did, did she? Bloody hellfire!  I'll think I be needin' to have a chat with the lass. I trust ye paid her enough that there will be some for her to split with me. She will see that it is wise to do so, if the cutthroat lass knows what's good fer business.~
@46   = ~Ye seek illithium, do ye? I have none, and I nae be getting more anytime soon. Now that that is out of the way, goodbye and good riddance!~
@47   = ~Please. It is for the glory of Lathander that I speak with you.~
@48   = ~It is the glory of Helm that I serve. Please reconsider.~
@49   = ~I serve the fury of Talos. Reconsider, lest he punish us both in the end.~
@50   = ~Wait. This could be very profitable for you. Won't you reconsider?~
@51   = ~I think you'll stay and talk, duergar! You wouldn't want me shouting about you.~
@52   = ~It nae matter, ye blitherin' fool. I nae HAVE any illithium. None. It be that simple. My source is inaccessible, and if I can nae get some, I nae getting it fer ye. Stoke yer forge if ye want, but it nae do ye a lick o' good.~
@53   = ~You sound like this was not a planned shortage. What is the problem?~
@54   = ~Can't handle your own supply, huh? I guess you're just unreliable.~
@55   = ~Then what WILL help? This is very important.~
@56   = ~Oooh, surfacer gods.  Dey mean little to me. May as well be for the glory of dis chair I be sitting on. I could spend all day rattlin' off reasons why I nae care for yer fate or what bint ye worship, but it's pointless.  Nae even te pass the time between pints.~
@57   = ~I know of Talos. I must admit, fer a surfacer god, he has a few interesting ideas. Nae concern me in the least, but it do be interesting.~
@58   = ~Ye plan on announcing to the whole bloody world that I am duergar in the hopes that I will change my tone? Plannin' on hirin' a town crier te do it fer ye?  It nae do ye a damn bit o' good.  None in here would move against me, ye surfacer, and you'll never get me out in the light. Besides, it still nae do ye a bit o' good.  Except maybe giving that annoyin' voice o' yers some excercise.~
@59   = ~Oh, so now ye wish te be my friend? Out o' de goodness o' yer heart?  Found a place fer one o' me kind in dat big soppy heart o' yers?  Why should I bother listenin' te ye at all?~
@60   = ~I'm not interested in harming a simple merchant. Where else will you get help?~
@61   = ~You can't fix your problem or you would have illithium. What else can you do?~
@62   = ~It mayin be true, but I nae can do anything about it. I can nae provide what ye need and I have nae means to change that. I also nae have a single reason to believe you will help me.~
@63   = ~Flattery be gettin' ye nowhere, ye half-brained hairless chimp. Ye have no illithium, and I have no illithium. Ye do better to help me, but den again, I have nae reason to believe ye will.~
@64   = ~Tell me why I should bother to trust ye with me problems?~
@65   = ~Nowhere. Dis place is unfriendly to even te dose pathetic dwarves of hill and mountain. Alright, surfacer, ye wish to share me problems, I'll let ye have 'em.~
@66   = ~Nothing. Very few opportunities fer mercantile trade in dis place when ye are even a hill or mountain dwarf. Alright, surfacer, ye wish te share me problem, I'll give it to ye.~
@67   = ~Ye want illithium, ye can wait for it. We mine it deep in the earth, and it be dangerous going. It be rare enough when production be normal.~
@68   = ~This be all useless information though, because me latest shipment has yet te arrive! Me idiot brother, the gravel-brained halfwit, was te oversee the final shipment of de season, but I've nae heard from him in weeks.  The fool had better be dead or I'll kill 'em meself!~
@69   = ~Perhaps I can help the both of us, then.  If I agree to find your lost brother, and I am successful, will you provide me with the illithium I require?~
@70   = ~Bah! I care nothing for you or your worthless kin. I will find some other means to acquire what I need.~
@71   = ~Where might I find your lost brother?~
@72   = ~Ye want to go chasin' after him, that's your business. It be lost to me anyway. I show me face and I'll have the guards on me just for being duergar.~
@73   = ~Hello, fool. Stay out of me way, will you? Healthiest thing for both of us.~
@74   = ~I was told to talk to you, duergar.~
@75   = ~Typical of this city. I'm just a poor businessman, but I'll be jailed just for me shadowed face. Dere bastard that robbed me looks just like a bleedin' hill dwarf, so he's welcomed with open arms.~
@76   = ~They nae guess at what a fiend he is. After I hired him, I found out what he had done. I do suppose that's why he cheated me and took off.  Theivin' bastard...~
@77   = ~Don't you worry. Just point me in the right direction.~
@78   = ~I'm sure he's just terrible. Now where is he?~
@79   = ~Yes, yes, life is unfair. I'll take care of him.~
@80   = ~I judge by actions. You seem harmless enough, really.~
@81   = ~Yes, well, ye can go after him if you like. Last I heard he was holed up in the Bridge district. A derelict little place bought with me gold...  Here, I'll even mark it on yer map, there.~
@82   = ~He won't nae be moving much. He was on the run from Baldur's Gate when I met him. Oh, I suppose you'll want his name as well.~
@83   = ~The name was Neb. He left a few families crying, or so I hear. Tell his corpse that Unger Hilldark sent you.~
@84   = ~Wait, ye're the one that was askin' about Neb, weren't ya. Nice job, takin' my illithium and lettin' him go.~
@85   = ~I suppose you haven't heard that he's gone and killed a bunch o' kids over in Esmeltaran. Moves quick, he does. Nice going, hero.  Ye get the metal but ye let the fiend go on a-murderin'.  Brilliant.~
@86   = ~If'n ye want to risk yer hide for my worthless brother, then so be it.  He'll likely be lurkin' below the surface of a temple far to de east.  The fool probably caved the whole damned place down on his thick skull.  Find the bastard, and I'll give ye the ore.  Here, I'll even show ye on your map.~
@87   = ~Fine.  I will do what I can to help us both.~
@88   = ~Gain the services of Sir Sarles for the temple.

Unger Hilldark told me that his latest shipment of illithium has not arrived.  The shipment was to be delivered by Unger's brother, Gorje, but he has been missing for weeks.  I have agreed to look for Gorje in the "ruined temple of a dead god", and if I am successful, Unger has promised to provide me with the necessary illithium.~
@89   = ~On second thought, I have better things to do than to look for missing dwarves. I will be going now.~
@90   = ~Suit yerself. Begone, fool.~
@91   = ~So there ye are, me dear, sweet, thick headed brother returns.~
@92   = ~Aye, and with no help from ye, ye cowardly sack o' drow dung.  Ye had te hire dese bloody surfacer "adventurers" te bail me out, while ye sat here an' drank yer ale and moaned like a woman!~
@93   = ~Ye ungrateful bastard!  I nae shoulda told em where ye were!  Shoulda left ye te rot in dat godsfersaken hole!  Now where be the illithium?!~
@94   = ~The illithium?~
@95   = ~Aye, the illithium, ye gravel-brained kobold!  The illithium!!  Ye know, der final shipment dat ye promised te deliver?  So as we can be makin' a bit of coin and recoup some of the damn bribes?  That illithium!?~
@96   = ~Oh... er...  illithium.  Aye.  Well, brother, it be like dis.  Dere was none left.  I scoured der mine and nae found an ounce.  Someone poached der mine on us.  At least ye still have der last shipment.~
@97   = ~I hate to interrupt this family gathering, but what about the illithium?~
@98   = ~So, you don't have it, and you don't have it?  Where am I going to get my illithium?~
@99   = ~So, I went all this way, risked my neck, and you two duergar don't have the illithium I need?~
@100  = ~No illithium?!  None left?!  I have a business te run and you waltz back in wid out der illithium! Ye pile of troll droppings!  Yer going te ruin me!  I needed that shipment and ye had the gall te get captured and stuck somewhere, forcin' me te ask dese tree huggin' surfacers te rescue you, and ye dinna have the decency te die rather than come back with some illithium!!~
@101  = ~Bloody hell.  Dere was none left to bring ye.  But ye still have the last shipment right?  The one I sent a few weeks back?~
@102  = ~So you do have some illithium?  But you said you didn't?~
@103  = ~And where is this illithium?  I told you of my need!~
@104  = ~As I said surfacer, I nae have any illithium right now.  His delivery was supposed to replenish me stocks.~
@105  = ~So, you already managed to sell der whole consignment?~
@106  = ~Er... Not exactly.  Der consignment went more... missing.  Err, stolen as it were.~
@107  = ~STOLEN?!!  And yer yellin' at me fer not findin' any more when dere was none!  You illithild-humping dirtbag!  You pile o' succubus drippings!  You had 200 pounds of illithium STOLEN from ye?!!~
@108  = ~And my people consider these fools threats?  They can barely keep their precious metals in one place.~
@109  = ~Save me from duergar folly.  After all dis whinin' I need an ale!~
@110  = ~Ugh.  We traipsed all over that dungeon for nothing!  <CHARNAME>, this is such a waste of time.~
@111  = ~Stolen?  You didn't tell me that is what happened to the last shipment.~
@112  = ~So one brother can't find any and the other loses the rest? Now what do I do?~
@113  = ~I'm here because my ruins have been invaded and my brother has left me to die, the cowardly pile o' drow shite!~
@114  = ~Watch it, duergar!~
@115  = ~No offense meant te yer drow pet.~
@116  = ~I am no one’s pet, duergar scum.~
@117  = ~As I said, drow, no offense.~
@118  = ~Don't be blamin' me for this!  I told ye, there was none left.  Yer lack o' illithium is me pig headed brother's fault.~
@119  = ~How did it get stolen?  Did ye ferget te pay off der Shadow Theives?  Or did ye just leave it out in plain sight like der pile o' goblin spit dat ye are.~
@120  = ~Nae, it was an inside job.  Dat dwarf I hired te help me move it, he took der whole shipment, der rotten arse bastard!~
@121  = ~Him!?  I coulda told ye he'd try somethin' like dis!  Wait, I seem te be havin' a revelation!  Divine recall if it were.  I did tell ye he was trouble.  Too shifty... on der run.  But ye said dat he was too cost effective te pass up.  Really cost effective, huh?  Bloody piker took off wid all of our merchandise!~
@122  = ~I can nae believe dis.  Yer incompetence is unbelievable!  I'd rather be rock huntin' in umber hulk caves dan deal wid this any longer.  Robbed of all our profits!~
@123  = ~Shut yer bleedin' hole.  If ye had found a better source... blast it all.  It nae matter now.  We be needin' te find a new source and a new way te be gettin' it in.  As to der illithium, surfacer, I think I may still be able te help ye, and get dat bastard back... if yer interested.~
@124  = ~After all this, yes!~
@125  = ~I agree with your brother--you are incompetent. I'll find another source.~
@126  = ~No one invited ye.  Now keep yer jaws shut!~
@127  = ~No, I dinnae have any right now.  I was countin' on dis troll brain's latest delivery.~
@128  = ~And if I had told ye, would ye have helped me?  No?  I dinnae think so.~
@129  = ~Piss off then.~
@130  = ~Ay, <GIRLBOY>, so we meet again.~
@131  = ~So, with all the beasties about and nae sign o' me brother, that’s why I’m still here.~
@132  = ~Actually, Unger is hiding out at the Copper Coronet in Athkatla.  He told me where I could find you and his lost illithium.~
@133  = ~Why don't you leave? The path to the door has been cleared of beasts for the time being~
@134  = ~I'm afraid you're stuck. I barely made it here alive as it is.~
@135  = ~Oh ye be thinking so?!  Look, you tunnel robbin' gritsucker, this is my stake!  Ye can just bugger off and feed yourselves to the beast below us!~
@136  = ~Fine. I'm leaving.~
@137  = ~Oh ye be thinking so?!  Go hug a tree, elf, this is my stake!  Ye can just nance off and feed yourselves to the beast below us!~
@138  = ~Talk to me idiot brother.  I've nothing more to say to ye.~
@139  = ~Gorje Hilldark is the name. I own this place along with me no-good gravel brained brother, Unger.~
@140  = ~Nice to meet you. I'll be going now.~
« Last Edit: January 03, 2005, 06:44:58 PM by Andyr »

Offline SixOfSpades

• Planewalker
    • Volothamp's Comeuppance
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2005, 07:11:09 PM »
I vote for the new set. Something about the 'dis' and 'dat' and 'dere' of the current version makes them (especially Gorje) sound like they're from rural Minnestoa instead of the Underdark.

"So den she ups an hits Ole in da gagoots, ya? Wey now, I was'n goin' stan fer dat, so I tole her right den an dere dat if she....." etc.

And how did this whole Dwarven--Scots/Irish thing start? Gimli didn't have a Gallic accent, that's for sure.

Offline NiGHTMARE

• Idiot
  • Planewalker
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2005, 02:12:27 AM »
Personally I prefer a Scottish dwarf over a New Yorker dwarf (Kagain, anyone?) :P
The Gibberlings Three - home to the BG1 NPC Project, BG2 Tweak Pack, Divine Remix, GemRB, Lands of Intrigue, Song & Silence, and many more!

Offline rreinier

• Planewalker
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2005, 09:33:52 AM »
And how did this whole Dwarven--Scots/Irish thing start? Gimli didn't have a Gallic accent, that's for sure.
Nor did Thorin, or any of the others...

I do agree that the current version seems a little over the top, but the altered version is too un-Gorje-like, IMO. Maybe just replace the "dis", "dat" and "dere" and see how it looks...

Offline Andyr

• Dance Commander
  • PPG
  • Planewalker
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2005, 10:37:29 AM »
If someone wants to post another alternate version... ;)

Offline Andyr

• Dance Commander
  • PPG
  • Planewalker
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2005, 06:21:49 PM »
Right, I will make a few edits to Diana's propositions now, and if it's ok with everyone else that'll probably go in as a replacement.

Offline icelus

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2005, 10:31:43 PM »
Sounds good to me.  :)

* icelus goes to hang his head in shame for never noticing the "ketchup" remark before...
<Moongaze> Luckily BWL has a very understanding and friendly admin.

Offline Andyr

• Dance Commander
  • PPG
  • Planewalker
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2005, 10:09:12 AM »
Replaced strings with these ones.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: