Author Topic: Installation Orders  (Read 150686 times)

Offline PrincessSuzie

• Planewalker
Re: Installation Orders
« Reply #75 on: April 21, 2009, 05:06:32 AM »
Anyone?  ???

Offline Azazello

• The Anti-Spammer
  • Planewalker
    • Azazello’s Music Profile at Last.fm
« Reply #76 on: April 22, 2009, 12:50:24 PM »
Just checking again.

Mod list/installation order

1. BG2: SoA & ToB
2. ToB latest patch
3. Tsujatha
4. Yasraena
5. Kelsey
6. Xan
7. Quest Pack
8. Cross Mod Banter Pack
9. Unfinished Business
10. NPC Flirt Pack

Is that correct? And if I want to install RE and Assasination, where do they fit in?

In general, install order is safe as...
- NPCs
- Banter/flirt packs
- Quests stuff
- Tweak packs
- EXE patching (e.g. Widescreen mod)
(- Virtue)

So your list is ok, but try this:
1. BG2: SoA & ToB
2. ToB latest patch
5. Kelsey
3. Tsujatha
4. Yasraena
6. Xan
8. Cross Mod Banter Pack
10. NPC Flirt Pack
9. Unfinished Business
7. Quest Pack
RE and Assassination

Of course, visit the mods' homepages, Read the documentation to confirm where to best place them.

----------------
Listening to: 3/14/09 The International House Collective - Karl David (MHYH Archives) -- Myhouse-Yourhouse : Underground House and Eclectic Broadcasting
via FoxyTunes
« Last Edit: April 22, 2009, 01:04:45 PM by Azazello »
Community Contributions
Level 1 NPCs * gMinion: expanded TP2 for MegaInstalls * PSM (PSQM): expanded scripts for Melanthium * non-detectable Cloak of Non-Detection ?? * Weimer's-Tactics: revised TP2 for MegaInstalls
========================================
"Deception has many faces. Truth...has only one."

Offline PersephoneChiara

• Planewalker
« Reply #77 on: September 27, 2009, 03:33:59 PM »
Greetings,

I'm new and thus utterly confused by Mods.  ;D Well, not an excuse, I guess.

I have the following Mods I'd like to install and a backup ready.

Ascension 1.4.23
Dungeon Be Gone
Easy of Use
Banterpack v. 10 (Can I install more than one?)
Kelsey
Keto
NPCFlirtPack
Romantic Encounters
Saerileth v.13
Turnabout
Ninde v. 1.1
Questpack v.23
FadingPromises
LongerRoad 1.5
Unfinished Business

So, my Install Order would look like this:

BG SoA
BG ToB
Baldurdash Fixes
Ascension
Turnabout
TLR
FadingPromises
Questpack
Unfinished Biz
Kelsey
Other NPCs
DbG

.....I just am not sure. Can anyone confirm or, more likely, re-assemble the mess I made?  :P

And a question about Banter Speed... There is Speedy Banters, Banter Acceleration Script.... will they conflict?

Many thanks in advance!!  :)

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • The perfect moment is now.
« Reply #78 on: September 28, 2009, 12:45:30 AM »
Banter Speeds don't conflict, no. But The Longer Road and Turnabout aren't compatible. Install Quest Pack after Kelsey and Keto, and install Keto after Kelsey.

Don't install Ease-Of-Use, install BG2 Tweaks from gibberlings3.net instead - install it last.

I'm not sure if this topic will attract more visitors, so you're welcome to create your own topic - it's usually better this way.

Elu

« Reply #79 on: March 14, 2010, 01:16:40 PM »
Ok i've done some poking around and i can't seem to find a clear answer regarding installation order and Baldurdash vs. Baldurdash weidu...

Here's the recommended installation order i dug up, which recommends installing Baldurdash pretty much right after all the official stuff.. but this was before it was released as weidu install and from what i've read weidu installs seem to come last.

1.) Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn
2.) Baldur's Gate II: Throne of Bhaal
3.) Official Bioware Patch for ToB
4.) Baldurdash Fixpacks for ToB
5.) Create a clean backup
6.) dialog.tlk-overwriting mods (Only one dialog.tlk-overwriting mod can be installed.  See the Big Picture install guide for step-by-step instructions)
**OR** Total Conversions (no other mods should be installed after TC's)¹
7.) IAP/SFX mods
8.) WeiDU Mods²³†‡

What i'm not sure of is whether or not to *still* install the baldurdash-Weidu first (step 4) or to install it *after* my "dialog.tlk"-overwriting mod -(which is a custom kit, only three additional strings) (step 6) and consider it as one of the other Weidu mods i planned to install afterwards (step 8 )

and does the installation order i'm using look sound in the  first place?

Thanks

Elu

« Reply #80 on: March 14, 2010, 05:40:04 PM »
"Here's the recommended installation order i dug up, which recommends installing Baldurdash pretty much right after all the official stuff.. but this was before it was released as weidu install and from what i've read weidu installs seem to come last."

Ha! 'dug up' from This topic..

sorry, i had about 8 pages going at the same time trying to find my answer..

Offline Mike1072

• Planewalker
« Reply #81 on: March 14, 2010, 08:15:27 PM »
Nowadays:

1.) Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn
2.) Baldur's Gate II: Throne of Bhaal
3.) Official Bioware Patch v26498 for ToB
4.) Create a clean backup
5.) WeiDU Mods

As your first WeiDU mod, use G3 BG2 Fixpack instead of Baldurdash.  I wouldn't trust a dialog.tlk-overwriting mod if nobody's bothered to update it.

Elu

« Reply #82 on: March 15, 2010, 06:07:09 AM »
It's not really a dialog-tlk editing *mod* so much. It's really just a kit, one i threw together about 7 years ago using a kit editor and the IEEP's dialog .tlk writing feature.. I don't even have the kit editor anymore- i just copy the edited 2da's into my override and use the IEEP to enter the class descriptions into the .tlk

It's been awhile since i played, but i never had any problems with it.

Offline cmorgan

• Planewalker
  • Searcher of Bugs
« Reply #83 on: March 15, 2010, 08:18:22 AM »
Well, if you are doing it that way, you could do that at the end of your install, since it is a minor edit - grab the tools and rebuild. You could take the .2das and edit them in at the end as well, after text comparing them to the old ones. That way you don't break all the stuff you want to add to your install.(But it would be saver and easier for you to just run it out in weidu - there are simple kit mod examples around).

The biggest problem is *which* dialog.tlk you really were working with back then. Baldurdash has changed. So if you were working with a vanilla unpatched install of SoA, vs a patched one, vs. a ToB unpatched, vs a patched, vs. the original Dorner Baldurdash, vs the newer rebuilds of Baldurdash, vs. Fixpack fixes... the reason WeiDU stuff is now the standard is it is readily undoable, testable, and most of all it floaats to your installation, thus solving this problem. If it finds an existing string in the dialog.tlk, it uses it, and if it doesn't, it creates a new one, mapping the materials into the correct place.

Elu

« Reply #84 on: March 15, 2010, 08:26:00 PM »
"The biggest problem is *which* dialog.tlk you really were working with back then. Baldurdash has changed."

ehh..

I hadn't thought of that.

I like Weidu for the reasons you mention, though my understanding of it is limited. I'd love for my kit to be in Weidu format, but i don't know how much i'm into trying to figure it out. I've never been that knowledgeable with Infinity engine editing (or any other for that matter).. just minor stuff usually making use of an editing tool this or that really cool person created which does most of the hard work for me.

Redoing the kit from scratch might be beyond me too. I'd need the "for dummies" edition, how-to guide.

on a side note.. windows 7 doesn't seem to like editing of any kind. It bitches constantly.

Offline berelinde

• Planewalker
    • Gavin, cleric of Lathander, for Tutu
« Reply #85 on: March 15, 2010, 10:22:42 PM »
With Windows 7, don't install the game in your Program Files directory. You won't be able to edit anything. I just created another directory, c:\gaming. And turn off UAC unless you like clicking "Yes" and "Confirm" every 3 seconds.

Offline Kilmor of Gelnor

• Planewalker
« Reply #86 on: March 20, 2010, 10:08:39 PM »
With Windows 7, don't install the game in your Program Files directory. You won't be able to edit anything. I just created another directory, c:\gaming. And turn off UAC unless you like clicking "Yes" and "Confirm" every 3 seconds.

*sigh*

where were you a couple of months ago when i bought this thing?

I found out that when using the Infinity Explorer- copying files to a folder in Prog. files, it actually sends the file to a different spot.. user blah blah/ virtual store/ something something. Very annoying.

Thanks though, nice to know the way around that crap.

Oh, and what exactly is the UAC? Because i certainly don't like confirming every 3 seconds.

*found it. User Account Control..*

I appreciate all the help folks. (Elu = Kilmor)
« Last Edit: March 21, 2010, 08:44:11 AM by Kilmor of Gelnor »

Offline JLE

• Planewalker
« Reply #87 on: April 06, 2011, 11:41:56 AM »
*necrobump*

Hm, but is there a specific order for WEIDU mods to go in? I just had some dialogue weirdnesses in BG1 under EasyTutu. Like, dialogue options being wrong - a Candlekeep Chanter had the text of Sarevok's diary as his dialogue, a Nashkel merchant had no dialogue at all (but responded to pressing 1 and 2), and a couple of other things were inappropriate, but nothing game-breaking...

Now... Where I started from was:

BG1 + TotSC + Latest TotSC Patch + Baldurdash (in that order - Baldurdash being the final MrKevvy version, not any updated WEIDU version if this exists: is there one, and should I use that instead, and what is its full name and where do I get it, and how do I ensure that it is NOT arbitrarily "fixing" a thing that is not clearly a "bug"?)

Mods I wanted to install:

Tutufix
Unfinished Business
BG1 Tweaks (or is BG2 tweaks better?) just to give the BG2 40-ammo stacks rather than 20 ammo, and have some of the shopkeepers able to buy bolts as well as arrows
NPC Project (most of it, except NOT the Imoen / Edwin / Jaheira BG2 portraits, the Sarevok Diary adjustment, or the "NPCs sent to wait in inns" since I'm using Swordcoast Stratagems for that)
Finch, Indira and Mur'Neth NPCs
Sirine's Call
Some of Sword Coast Strategems (specifically the better NPC management although I always keep "couples" together anyway)
« Last Edit: April 06, 2011, 12:19:41 PM by Jonathan Ellis »

Offline Daulmakan

• Comfortably numb
  • Planewalker
« Reply #88 on: April 07, 2011, 01:27:42 AM »
I'm not sure Baldurdash is advised to be installed in your BG1 directory before Easytutu clones it. Maybe you should try reinstalling Easytutu without it.

If the only tweak you care for is mildly increased ammo stacks, then Tutufix should be enough.

For Tutu mod install order, check this out.

rossbach451

« Reply #89 on: June 17, 2012, 11:41:04 AM »
Howdy,

Installed clean, added Tortured Souls, then followed the order found in the Big Picture guide.  Now I encounter this error:

"An Assertion failed in InfScreenInventory.cpp at line number 9909."

Error hits mostly with items attached to the TS mod (everything Sime has, Kachiko's swords), but it did occur with teh amulet Aran gives you at your first meeting.

Anyone encounter this?

Offline Azazello

• The Anti-Spammer
  • Planewalker
    • Azazello’s Music Profile at Last.fm
« Reply #90 on: June 18, 2012, 01:58:56 PM »
Installed clean, added Tortured Souls, then followed the order found in the Big Picture guide...

Suggestions given in your thread: http://forums.pocketplane.net/index.php/topic,28150.0.html
Community Contributions
Level 1 NPCs * gMinion: expanded TP2 for MegaInstalls * PSM (PSQM): expanded scripts for Melanthium * non-detectable Cloak of Non-Detection ?? * Weimer's-Tactics: revised TP2 for MegaInstalls
========================================
"Deception has many faces. Truth...has only one."

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: