Author Topic: Installation Orders  (Read 150704 times)

Offline RPGJunkie

• Planewalker
Re: Installation Orders
« Reply #50 on: October 25, 2008, 01:46:24 AM »
I was wondering if there was an up-to-date version of this "Installation Order" for a clean BG2-ToB install?

The version on this thread still lists the Baldurdash & Dudleyville fixes, which I've discovered are now out-of-date... and replaced by the G3 fixpack. However, there are tons of them... and I don't know where things like the G3 Tweak Pack, older Weidu mods, etc. should be installed in relation to other mods. After searching through several IE forums (BioWare, G3, Spellhold Studios), the vast majority of the threads seem to be concerned with mega-installs with automatic install files and involving combined BG/BGII games (using various Tutu mods).

I'd like to be able to pick and choose what to install manually. Unfortunately, I am a dial-up victim (not by choice, of course), so some of these mods will take forever to DL.

Also, while I wouldn't necessarily mind replaying BG (its been years), I had never gotten around to playing BGII, so I had intended to play it by itself first.

Years ago, I played BG1-ToSC with a bunch of mods without any problems using Icelus' excellent list over at the BioWare forums here. The current entry over there directs gamers to the comprehensive mod list on this site (which is great, incidentally!)... so I assumed that this would be the place to ask.  ;D

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Steve
« Last Edit: October 25, 2008, 01:48:37 AM by RPGJunkie »

Offline Daulmakan

• Comfortably numb
  • Planewalker
« Reply #51 on: October 25, 2008, 02:57:30 AM »
For starters, the Fixpack is for BG2 only. Dudleyfixes are for BG1.

Perhaps if you mentioned what mods you're interested in, it would be easier to suggest an install order.

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • The perfect moment is now.
« Reply #52 on: October 25, 2008, 03:26:37 AM »
I usually play BG2 with official patch only, without any fixes(though I use "more interjections" and "all dialogue pauses game" from G3 Tweaks). It works.

As for BG1, I use EasyTutu(not the latest version, though) - it already incorporates most bugfixes.

It depends on what you like. Older Weidu mods, like Ascension or Edwin Romance, should be installed first. G3 Tweaks already incorporate Ease-Of-Use. Before installing mods, it's best to backup your override folder and dialog.tlk.

Offline Jarno Mikkola

• The Imp.
  • Planewalker
    • website jocuri
« Reply #53 on: October 25, 2008, 04:51:32 AM »
I was wondering if there was an up-to-date version of this "Installation Order" for a clean BG2-ToB install?
Well, I made a list for this and to counter the stutter problems:
Quote from: Mini infopack
0. Always patch the game, start a new game and exit after the game has auto-saves itself(so you have to make a char or choose a pre-made one), before you do any moding, and you might as well make a safe backup from the important files: data and override folders, baldur.exe, BGMain.exe, dialog.tlk and CHITIN.key .
1. Put the ambient sounds off from the BGConfic.exe, as some of the areas might have no ambient sounds and so the game tries to start them many time continuously, and so looses processing power.
2. Don't mess with the game configurations so the speed adjustment percentages stay on "normal" ratings even if you have very high end machine, as the game has own it's internal fps counter, it sometimes tries to correct the fps on it's own by lowering graphs etc. Also the games frame rate should be set to about 30, as that's the default.
3. I wouldn't recommend to install any of the speaking item mods, as they run their scripts and fire their comments everywhere, and that's bad for the fps(frames/second count).
4. Delete the old files from the Cache folder time to time.
5. Inventory management(no stacks that have more than about 200 items, in a bag, arrows etc.), -might help.
6. Trying to avoid too many effects on a character(about 20 is fine, 200 is too many, and 20 000 is way way too many...)
7. De-fragmenting your hard drive might also help... as you don't have to go find the data in the pieces. (hmm, there is a joke in there, hih)
8. Install the mods in correct order, and make sure you started from a clean install, so there is no leftovers from old mods, by deleting the old mod files, the data and override folders(don't go and overwrite them), helpful links for for Tutu and BGT(the .pdf files) -based Megamods.
9. It might be a good idea to biff your override folder, but do that knowing that you generally can't change the game much after. Or use the End_biff from here, which you can actually un-install, if you uninstall it by hand, but be careful with it!

I'd like to be able to pick and choose what to install manually.
But you can, the BGT -based megamod thing actually lets you do the deciding what to put in and what to leave out, as the .bat files just install the components if they it can find them...
This still doesn't reduce the dependencies that some mods have, but if you make mod list you are going to use, we'll note what other mods you need.

Offline RPGJunkie

• Planewalker
« Reply #54 on: October 25, 2008, 10:57:04 PM »
Many thanks for all the responses...

Yep... my mistake. Too many patches and bugfixes to keep track of...  ;D

In any event, I tried to reinstall the original BG on my current machine (XP Media Center '04) and I can't even get the installer to run. It was the 3-disc "Original Saga" set with ToSC included.  I tried to check BioWare's forums, but I can't even seem to get them to load... busy place... :(

I usually play BG2 with official patch only, without any fixes(though I use "more interjections" and "all dialogue pauses game" from G3 Tweaks). It works.

As for BG1, I use EasyTutu(not the latest version, though) - it already incorporates most bugfixes.

It depends on what you like. Older Weidu mods, like Ascension or Edwin Romance, should be installed first. G3 Tweaks already incorporate Ease-Of-Use. Before installing mods, it's best to backup your override folder and dialog.tlk.

I was considering doing that for BG2, considering it was my first run-through... but I like a big challenge, so I thought I'd try to use some of the mods to expand the game world a bit. I like to explore every nook and cranny, so the more of them that there are, the better... Yep, I'm an ambitious bugger... ;D

Unfortunately, it looks like the Tutu deal is out of the question for me at the moment. I guess I'll have to find a workaround for that, in any event... I barely remember the particulars of the story at this point, but I remember enjoying the hell out of it, so I'd like to be able to replay it at some point in the future.

Well, I made a list for this and to counter the stutter problems

I did make the backup, as you suggested... but I'm not sure FPS will be much of a problem with my current machine.

I gather that "biffing" has something to do with compiling the overrides into the "data" folder to aid game play speed.

Some of the other terminology is a bit confusing to me, though, to be honest...

BGT (Baldur's Gate Trilogy), for example... I have BG w/ToSC and BG2 w/ToB... so I am not sure what the "trilogy" refers to or what it adds to the game. I checked the SHS forums (I take it they took over the TeamBG mods, BTW?)... and they seem to have a myriad of threads dedicated to megamods, but most refer to "Big Picture" or "Big World"... and many seem to include directions for mods intended for the original game.

The various Tutu installations (EasyTutu, BG1Tutu, etc.) seem to be mainly directed at playing the original BG on the BG2 platform, which sounds very cool... but not really what I had in mind... at least not in this run-through.

I must confess that to a newbie like me, the amount of information out there is a bit overwhelming and much of it appears to be geared for people who create mods as much as play them. That's what made the original lists so appealing to a rookie like me... you just scan through the list, following the mods that looked interesting and grabbing the ones you wanted to include, installing as you go.

It appears that the new compiled list still allows you to do that... but it leaves you without that easy resource to determine the proper order of install. Perhaps I can use the BGT .bat file as a guidebook to get the right order. I guess I was just hoping to find an ordinary list to make life easier.

I think I just need a copy of "BG2 Mods for Dummies"...  ;)

But you can, the BGT -based megamod thing actually lets you do the deciding what to put in and what to leave out, as the .bat files just install the components if they it can find them...
This still doesn't reduce the dependencies that some mods have, but if you make mod list you are going to use, we'll note what other mods you need.

I am in the process of reading through the various sites and their mods, trying to find ones that look entertaining. Mainly, I enjoy the ones that add new areas and quests, so it appears that there are quite a few that fit the bill.

There really are some awesome-looking toys out there... but there are so many threads talking about incompatibilities and conflicts, I'm worried about my first run-through being marred by a crash, right before the big finale. Really, I just wanted to add some extra areas and perhaps an extra NPC or two, but I want the installation to be stable as well.

When I'm done, I planned on running through the Icewind Dale games and NWN... all of which have been sitting here for years, waiting for me to have a chance to run through them. I finally have some time, so I want to make my experiences with the games as fun as possible. So far, "Shadows Over Soubar"... "The Darkest Day"... and "Check The Bodies" look great, but will take me a couple of days to DL.

So, this basic list shapes up like this:
Shadows Over Soubar
The Darkest Day
Check The Bodies
Tower Of Deception
Ascension
Unfinished Business
Xan NPC
Kelsey NPC
Keto NPC
Domains Of Dread
The Bigg Quest Pack
Improved Anvil (not sure of this one yet... I just want the toys!)
The Four
PPG Quest Pack
Oversight

I appreciate your patience!

Thanks!
Steve

P.S. ~ As a side-note, these forums are great resources for modders and the like... it makes me want to take a crack at creating my own mods at some point!
« Last Edit: October 25, 2008, 11:07:58 PM by RPGJunkie »

Offline RPGJunkie

• Planewalker
« Reply #55 on: October 25, 2008, 11:12:15 PM »
Many thanks for all the responses...

Yep... my mistake. Too many patches and bugfixes to keep track of...  ;D

In any event, I tried to reinstall the original BG on my current machine (XP Media Center '04) and I can't even get the installer to run. It was the 3-disc "Original Saga" set with ToSC included.  I tried to check BioWare's forums, but I can't even seem to get them to load... busy place... :(

I was considering doing that for BG2, considering it was my first run-through... but I like a big challenge, so I thought I'd try to use some of the mods to expand the game world a bit. I like to explore every nook and cranny, so the more of them that there are, the better... Yep, I'm an ambitious bugger... ;D

Unfortunately, it looks like the Tutu deal is out of the question for me at the moment. I guess I'll have to find a workaround for that, in any event... I barely remember the particulars of the story at this point, but I remember enjoying the hell out of it, so I'd like to be able to replay it at some point in the future.

Well, I made a list for this and to counter the stutter problems

I did make the backup, as you suggested... but I'm not sure FPS will be much of a problem with my current machine.

I gather that "biffing" has something to do with compiling the overrides into the "data" folder to aid game play speed.

Some of the other terminology is a bit confusing to me, though, to be honest...

BGT (Baldur's Gate Trilogy), for example... I have BG w/ToSC and BG2 w/ToB... so I am not sure what the "trilogy" refers to or what it adds to the game. I checked the SHS forums (I take it they took over the TeamBG mods, BTW?)... and they seem to have a myriad of threads dedicated to megamods, but most refer to "Big Picture" or "Big World"... and many seem to include directions for mods intended for the original game.

The various Tutu installations (EasyTutu, BG1Tutu, etc.) seem to be mainly directed at playing the original BG on the BG2 platform, which sounds very cool... but not really what I had in mind... at least not in this run-through.

I must confess that to a newbie like me, the amount of information out there is a bit overwhelming and much of it appears to be geared for people who create mods as much as play them. That's what made the original lists so appealing to a rookie like me... you just scan through the list, following the links for the mods that looked interesting and grabbing the ones you wanted to include, installing as you go.

It appears that the new compiled list still allows you to do that... but it leaves you without that easy resource to determine the proper order of install. Perhaps I can use the BGT .bat file as a guidebook to get the right order. I guess I was just hoping to find an ordinary list to make life easier.

I think I just need a copy of "BG2 Mods for Dummies"...  ;)

I am in the process of reading through the various sites and their mods, trying to find ones that look entertaining. Mainly, I enjoy the ones that add new areas and quests, so it appears that there are quite a few that fit the bill.

There really are some awesome-looking toys out there... but there are so many threads talking about incompatibilities and conflicts, I'm worried about my first run-through being marred by a crash, right before the big finale. Really, I just wanted to add some extra areas and perhaps an extra NPC or two, but I want the installation to be stable as well.

When I'm done, I planned on running through the Icewind Dale games and NWN... all of which have been sitting here for years, waiting for me to have a chance to run through them. I finally have some time, so I want to make my experiences with the games as fun as possible. So far, "Shadows Over Soubar"... "The Darkest Day"... and "Check The Bodies" look great, but will take me a couple of days to DL.

So, this basic list shapes up like this:
G3 Tweaks (selected)
Shadows Over Soubar
The Darkest Day
Check The Bodies
Tower Of Deception
Tortured Souls
d'Arnise Romance
Ascension
Unfinished Business
Xan NPC
Kelsey NPC
Keto NPC
Domains Of Dread
The Bigg Quest Pack
Improved Anvil (not sure of this one yet... I just want the toys!)
The Four
PPG Quest Pack
Oversight

I appreciate your patience!

Thanks!
Steve

P.S. ~ As a side-note, these forums are great resources for modders and the like... it makes me want to take a crack at creating my own mods at some point!

Please forgive the double-post... I tried to modify my last, and quoted it by mistake.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2008, 03:55:07 AM by RPGJunkie »

Offline RPGJunkie

• Planewalker
« Reply #56 on: October 26, 2008, 04:01:57 AM »
A quick side-note... I was finally able to reinstall my original BG using a trick mentioned on the Bioware forums.

It was a video driver issue... uninstalling and reinstalling the driver did the trick.  ;D

Steve

Offline Jarno Mikkola

• The Imp.
  • Planewalker
    • website jocuri
« Reply #57 on: October 26, 2008, 06:23:26 AM »
1)I did make the backup, as you suggested... but I'm not sure FPS will be much of a problem with my current machine.
2)I gather that "biffing" has something to do with compiling the overrides into the "data" folder to aid game play speed.
3)BGT (Baldur's Gate Trilogy)
4)BGT - based mega mod
5)Improved Anvil
1) Read that before, wrote that before, also was wrong about it too!!! The game can take 15 Giga bits, it's quite enough to make any computer to crawl.
2) Yes.
3) BGT is a mod that combines all the BG games(Baldur's Gate, Tales of the Sword Coast, Shadows of Amn, and Throne of Bhaal) to a single mod customed game. Link.
4) -was once the BP, now-a-days it's called Big World Project, it's also a community maintained project...
5) Never put this to any other mod... the mod is not meant for that, you can read this from it's own forums, read me and other places.

For you to install most of the highly modified game, you need to follow the Big World Project, have a clear game, install the patch, unpack all of the following mods, and then use the Big World Projects Fixpack, before you install them in the following order... Or let one of the Autoinstall.bats to do it for you...

G3BGII Fixpack
The Darkest Day
Shadows Over Soubar
Check The Bodies
Tortured Souls(it needs to be the TS-BPv6.10, not the latest cause that just F's the while installation)
Ascension
Domains Of Dread
Tower Of Deception
Unfinished Business

Quote from: Not exactly sure but read the BWPs .pdf files for more info.
d'Arnise Romance
Xan NPC
Kelsey NPC
Keto NPC
The Bigg Quest Pack
PPG Quest Pack
Oversight
G3 Tweaks
You also need the Worldmap Mod from here.(called Bp-BGT-Worldmap v7.0.a) It's here last... cause you need to install it last.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2008, 04:33:09 PM by Jarno Mikkola »

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #58 on: October 26, 2008, 09:40:51 AM »
As far as I know, you can install
Tower Of Deception
d'Arnise Romance
Unfinished Business
Xan NPC
Kelsey NPC
Keto NPC
The Bigg Quest Pack
PPG Quest Pack

- in any order, but it's best to install Kelsey before Keto, and Keto before Quest Pack(crossmod material).

G3 Tweaks should go after as many mods as possible(not necessarily last, just close to last).

Ascension should go first.

If you want to have banters between Xan, Kelsey and Keto, install Crossmod Banter Pack. (Banter Pack from PPG is good, too).

Good luck, and have fun playing!

Offline RPGJunkie

• Planewalker
« Reply #59 on: October 26, 2008, 09:40:46 PM »
OK... So I removed "Improved Anvil" & "The Four" (which looks like it requires "Improved Anvil"). No problem there.

A few other questions/comments though...

I DL'd the PDF for the BWP... Wow! There's a ton of info in there.

I noticed that "d'Arnise Romance" was not listed anywhere in the PDF, so I'm assuming it's not safe to install. I also found that "Domains Of Dread" was grayed-out in the list, so it may not be stable. I'm assuming it's probably better to skip that one. "Oversight" and "Never-ending Journeys" were also grayed-out, so I left them out.

The BWP Fixpack Jarno mentioned also isn't listed...

If I should be using the World Map, what about BGT-NPCSound-WeiDU v2, BiG World Textpack v6.01 and BiG World Toolpack v5.4? Do I need those to play BWP?

My tentative order of install right now:
1.1 Clean Install (done)
1.2 Backup (done)
1.2 G3 BGII Fixpack
4.1 The Darkest Day
4.2 Shadows Over Soubar
4.3 Check The Bodies
4.4 Tortured Souls (TS-BPv6.10)
4.6 Ascension
? 5.1 Baldur’s Gate Trilogy – WeiDU BGT-WeiDU v1.06
? 5.3 Restored Prologue Textscreen Music for BG1TuTu and BGT-WeiDU
11.3 Desecration Of Souls (added)
11.7 The Bigg Quest Pack
13.10 Herbs & Potions Add-In (added)
13.11 Improved Horns Of Valhalla (added)
13.27 Food and Herbal Mod v 1.01 (Foodmod) (added)
14.26 Xan NPC
16.7 Banter Pack v9
16.8 IEP Extended Banter v2
19.2 Unfinished Business
20.6 PPG (DingO's) Quest Pack
21.1 Solaufein NPC (added)
21.4 Kelsey NPC
21.6 Keto NPC
22.6 Tower Of Deception
22.7 G3 BGII Tweaks #1
22.15 Crossmod Banter Pack
? 23.3 BGT-WeiDU Tweakpack BGT Tweak v7
23.4 G3 BGII Tweaks #2
24.6 End Biff v2.1 (added)
24.7 BP-BGT-Worldmap v7.0a

I'm excited to play with all this extra content, but also a bit concerned with adding the content if it will make the game crash. It looks as though many of these mods have been around for quite some time and fairly popular, so I'm assuming they are relatively stable and most of the bugs have been worked out. However, if any of these will cause obvious problems, I'd rather remove a few rather than have a rough time playing it through.

Do you all think the installation would be more stable using Tutu, or will it cause other problems? Also, is BGT necessary to play these mods together?

Steve
« Last Edit: October 26, 2008, 10:08:43 PM by RPGJunkie »

Offline Mike1072

• Planewalker
« Reply #60 on: October 26, 2008, 10:53:15 PM »
Tutu is only for playing through BG1 using the BG2 engine - you won't be able to play BG2 with it.  If you're not interested in playing BG1 at this time, you shouldn't worry about Tutu or BGT.

The de'Arnise Romance from PPG is fairly recent, which is why it may not appear on the list.

It looks as though many of these mods have been around for quite some time and fairly popular, so I'm assuming they are relatively stable and most of the bugs have been worked out.
In some cases this is true, in other cases, the authors might no longer be around to fix problems.  For your first experience with the game, I'd stay away from all large mods, and most of the small ones, too, unless you hear good great things about them, just so you're not overwhelmed with mod content.

Fixpack, Popular NPCs, the expanded Bioware NPC mods, a Tweak Pack, and possibly minor quest/storyline mods (Quest Pack, Unfinished Business, Ascension, ..) that come recommended are what I'd go with.  The BiG World Fixpack should apply some needed hotfixes for mods like the Quest Pack and UB if you extract all of your mods to your BG2 folder, run it, and THEN install the mods.

Offline RPGJunkie

• Planewalker
« Reply #61 on: October 26, 2008, 11:19:47 PM »
Thanks for your response, Mike.

Tutu is only for playing through BG1 using the BG2 engine - you won't be able to play BG2 with it.  If you're not interested in playing BG1 at this time, you shouldn't worry about Tutu or BGT.

Much appreciated, Mike. I just wanted to be sure... since so many of the threads I've been reading seem to talk about this type of installation.

The de'Arnise Romance from PPG is fairly recent, which is why it may not appear on the list.

Yeah... I can't find it listed in the PDF... or any of the threads at SHS, so I think I'll just skip it for now.

It looks as though many of these mods have been around for quite some time and fairly popular, so I'm assuming they are relatively stable and most of the bugs have been worked out.
In some cases this is true, in other cases, the authors might no longer be around to fix problems.  For your first experience with the game, I'd stay away from all large mods, and most of the small ones, too, unless you hear good great things about them, just so you're not overwhelmed with mod content.

As I mentioned above, I really want to make the game world big in this case, as I plan on playing IWD, IWD2 and NWN afterwards (I've never had time previously to play any of them). Since this may be the only time in the next few years I have a bit of time to run through these, I want to make it epic and memorable. I don't mind if it's big and complicated.  ;)

Fixpack, Popular NPCs, the expanded Bioware NPC mods, a Tweak Pack, and possibly minor quest/storyline mods (Quest Pack, Unfinished Business, Ascension, ..) that come recommended are what I'd go with.  The BiG World Fixpack should apply some needed hotfixes for mods like the Quest Pack and UB if you extract all of your mods to your BG2 folder, run it, and THEN install the mods.

After reading the PDF, I'm thinking it might be best to let the BWP install do most of the dirty work for me... but I'm still reading on how to get everything I need together (I'm a dial-up victim).

Since the BWP Fixpack, Textpack & Toolpack aren't listed on the install order, should I assume that I won't need them? I'm also wondering if I actually need the Worldmap at all, considering I won't be doing BG1?

Thanks...
Steve

Offline RPGJunkie

• Planewalker
« Reply #62 on: October 26, 2008, 11:35:58 PM »
Since the BWP Fixpack, Textpack & Toolpack aren't listed on the install order, should I assume that I won't need them?

Disregard that one... I just found it in the PDF. ;D

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #63 on: October 27, 2008, 01:16:14 AM »
de'Arnise romance is stable: it's been online for about a year, and all minor issues were fixed in v2. Anyway, I'd recommend to trust the mod's author, who's been making mods for much longer than BWP's been making lists.

Offline RPGJunkie

• Planewalker
« Reply #64 on: October 27, 2008, 01:48:16 AM »
de'Arnise romance is stable: it's been online for about a year, and all minor issues were fixed in v2. Anyway, I'd recommend to trust the mod's author, who's been making mods for much longer than BWP's been making lists.

Even better!  ;D

I didn't mean to imply that anything was wrong with the mod. When I mentioned that it might not be safe, I was referring to the fact that it might not be compatible with the BWP when I saw that it wasn't even mentioned on the list.

In any event, I apologize if I made it sound like I didn't trust the mod or it's author (Jason Compton).

I've seen his name mentioned on the various mod boards. It appears that he's one of the major mod gurus, so I'm quite confident that it will work well.

Incidentally, do you have any idea why it's not on the list? It seems very interesting, which is why I wanted to use it in the first place. In fact, it was one of the first ones I DL'd.

Also, I'd like to add it into my list of mods to install... Do you think that it would be better to install it with the other quest mods... or perhaps the NPC mods? It seems to have elements of both, judging by the description.

Here's my current list:
00.01 BiG World Fixpack v6.01
00.03 BiG World Toolpack v5.4
00.04 7-Zip v4.57
00.05 WeiDU (Tool) v208
01.01 Clean Install
01.02 Backup
01.02 G3 BG2 Fixpack v6
04.01 The Darkest Day v1.12
04.02 Shadows Over Soubar v1.12
04.03 Check The Bodies v1.9
04.04 Tortured Souls (TS-BPv6.10)
04.06 Ascension 1.4.23
10.06 PGG (Ding0's) Quest Pack v2.3 #1 (BG1?)
11.03 Desecration Of Souls v.261
11.07 The Bigg Quest Pack v2.02
11.14 Fading Promises v1
13.08 Freedom's Reign & Reign of Virtue (FR___ROV) v4
13.10 Herbs & Potions Add-In for BG2 v1.0.3
13.11 Improved Horns Of Valhalla v1.2
13.27 Food and Herbal Mod v 1.01 (Foodmod)
14.05 Beyond the Law (BTL) v1.35
14.26 Xan NPC v8
16.07 Banter Pack v9
16.08 IEP Extended Banters v2
19.02 Unfinished Business for BG2 v17
20.01 Resource Fixer v1
20.06 PPG (DingO's) Quest Pack v2.3 #2
21.01 Solaufein NPC
21.02 Solaufein Flirt Pack v4.0
21.04 Kelsey NPC SoA v2.1/ToB v2.2
21.06 Keto NPC v3
21.09 NPC Flirt Packs v1.02
21.11 PPG (DingO's) Quest Pack v2.3 #3
21.12 The Gibberlings Three Anniversary (G3) v5
22.06 Tower Of Deception v3.1
22.07 G3 BGII Tweak Pack v6 #1
22.15 Crossmod Banter Pack v7
23.04 G3 BGII Tweak Pack v6 #2
24.06 End Biff v2.1
24.07 BP-BGT-Worldmap v7.0a

Thanks for all the assistance...
Steve

Offline Jarno Mikkola

• The Imp.
  • Planewalker
    • website jocuri
« Reply #65 on: October 27, 2008, 02:24:38 AM »
Incidentally, do you have any idea why it's not on the list? It seems very interesting, which is why I wanted to use it in the first place. In fact, it was one of the first ones I DL'd.
There probably just isn't a German translation for it... as the Big World Project lead is a German.

Since the BWP Fixpack, Textpack & Toolpack aren't listed on the install order, should I assume that I won't need them?
Indeed you do need them, or the whole thing is S%&¤-up'ed...

Offline RPGJunkie

• Planewalker
« Reply #66 on: October 27, 2008, 02:33:27 AM »
There probably just isn't a German translation for it... as the Big World Project lead is a German.

Ah! That makes sense then. I noticed that much of the material was presented in both English and German.

I found a link for the BWP here that was in both languages, but I hadn't considered that as a reason not to include it in the install.

Makes sense though... I certainly don't think I'd get too far playing a mod written in German...  ;)

That said, I've noticed the author of the BWP writes in English very well. I wish my German was half as good.

Indeed you do need them, or the whole thing is S%&¤-up'ed...

Yep... I've also found that the Worldmap is also listed as being required (another big DL).

I'm in the process of DL'ng all of the mods I need. It's taking a while... but I get the feeling it'll be worth it when I start exploring...  ;D

Thanks!
Steve
« Last Edit: October 27, 2008, 02:37:09 AM by RPGJunkie »

Offline RPGJunkie

• Planewalker
« Reply #67 on: October 27, 2008, 02:50:27 AM »
Also, I'd like to add it into my list of mods to install... Do you think that it would be better to install it with the other quest mods... or perhaps the NPC mods? It seems to have elements of both, judging by the description.

I've just posted this question on the BWP thread at Spellhold... I'll post the response here.

Steve

Offline RPGJunkie

• Planewalker
« Reply #68 on: October 27, 2008, 11:17:36 AM »
Here was the response from Leomar at SHS:

We will include the de'Arnise Romance in one of our next BWP versions and so we have not tested it, yet. Normally it should be compatible with the BWP, so you can install it after the Viconia Romance. But if you want to be safe, install it last. Should there be a problem you can easily uninstall the mod.

I think I'm all set... I'm looking forward to digging into the game with all the added bells and whistles!

Many thanks to Kulyok, Jarno, Mike and Daulmakan for putting up with my silly questions.

I'll post back to let you know how it goes!

Steve

Offline Jarno Mikkola

• The Imp.
  • Planewalker
    • website jocuri
« Reply #69 on: October 27, 2008, 01:35:57 PM »
By the way, because you don't have the BGT-WeiDU mod, you need first use the BiG World Install * v5.4.bat, and as it exits -because you don't have the mod- you need to edit the file so that it has no reference to all the files before the BGT or to the BGT... before you rerun it.
I'll give the code lines which all needs to be erased, also note the dots(...) means all the lines between:

Code: [Select]
IF NOT exist Setup-bg2fixpack.exe echo %MOD% bg2fixpack %NOTP%
IF NOT exist Setup-BDToBv166.exe echo %MOD% BDToBv166 %NOTP%
IF NOT exist Setup-Ascension.exe echo %MOD% Ascension %NOTP%
IF NOT exist Setup-BGT.exe echo %MOD% BGT %NOTP% This mod however is necessary for the whole         installation.

Code: [Select]
if not exist ".\BiG World Fixpack\_temp\override" MD ".\BiG World Fixpack\_temp\override" | %MTEE%

if exist "BiG World Fixpack" xcopy /Y /S /E ".\BiG World Fixpack\_resfixer_v1\*.*" "." | %MTEE%
if exist "BiG World Fixpack" xcopy /Y /S /E ".\BiG World Fixpack\_SCSII_WM_fix\*.*" "." | %MTEE%
if not exist Setup-BGT.exe echo.
if not exist Setup-BGT.exe pause
if not exist Setup-BGT.exe goto :MissMod
::) It make a little difference if you use English or German edition of the BiG World Install * v5.4.bat, in code, but for clarity sake I took it from the BiG World Install english v5.4.bat .
« Last Edit: October 27, 2008, 01:41:34 PM by Jarno Mikkola »

Offline RPGJunkie

• Planewalker
« Reply #70 on: October 28, 2008, 03:53:18 AM »
By the way, because you don't have the BGT-WeiDU mod, you need first use the BiG World Install * v5.4.bat, and as it exits -because you don't have the mod- you need to edit the file so that it has no reference to all the files before the BGT or to the BGT... before you rerun it.
I'll give the code lines which all needs to be erased, also note the dots(...) means all the lines between:

Hi Jarno...

The only problem I see with what you're saying is that several of the mods I do want to install are listed between the BG2 Fixpack and BGT. If I remove those code blocks from the .BAT file, it doesn't appear as though it will try to install:

BG2 Fixpack
Baldurdash BGWeiDU
The Darkest Day
Shadows Over Soubar
Check The Bodies
Tortured Souls
Ascension

Would I then have to install those mods manually? Perhaps I should just remove the references for the BGT mod, so that the install will skip that part?

Steve

Offline Jarno Mikkola

• The Imp.
  • Planewalker
    • website jocuri
« Reply #71 on: October 28, 2008, 07:10:45 AM »
Read it again as it says: Edit it
...before you rerun it.
, again. Thus you need to run it once before you edit it. ;D
You'll also need the BPv1.77 and the BP ToBfixes, for the Ascensions main components(1,2,3,5) to actually install, as they are installed from that mod, not from Ascension...
« Last Edit: October 28, 2008, 07:22:05 AM by Jarno Mikkola »

Offline RPGJunkie

• Planewalker
« Reply #72 on: October 28, 2008, 02:38:55 PM »
Read it again as it says: Edit it
...before you rerun it.
, again. Thus you need to run it once before you edit it. ;D
You'll also need the BPv1.77 and the BP ToBfixes, for the Ascensions main components(1,2,3,5) to actually install, as they are installed from that mod, not from Ascension...

Ah! I think I understand it now, Jarno. The first run-through will fail part-way through (after those mods have installed) due to the missing BGT file... The edited file will pick up where the first one left off. Excellent!

I am downloading BP now...

My new & improved install goes as follows:
00.01 BiG World Fixpack v6.01
00.03 BiG World Toolpack v5.4
00.04 7-Zip v4.57
00.05 WeiDU (Tool) v208
01.01 Clean Install
01.02 Backup
01.03 G3 BG2 Fixpack v6
01.07 Baldurdash (BD-WeiDU) v1.6.6
04.01 The Darkest Day v1.12
04.02 Shadows Over Soubar v1.12
04.03 Check The Bodies v1.9
04.04 Tortured Souls (TS-BPv6.10)
04.06 Ascension 1.4.23 #1
10.06 PGG (Ding0's) Quest Pack v2.3 #1 (BG1?)
11.02 Ajoc's Minimod v1.6.1
11.03 Desecration Of Souls v.261
11.07 The Bigg Quest Pack v2.02
11.14 Fading Promises v1
13.08 Freedom's Reign & Reign of Virtue (FR___ROV) v4
13.10 Herbs & Potions Add-In for BG2 v1.0.3
13.11 Improved Horns Of Valhalla v1.2
13.18 Ruad Ro'fessa Item Upgrade v20
13.27 Food and Herbal Mod v 1.01 (Foodmod)
14.05 Beyond the Law (BTL) v1.35
14.26 Xan NPC v8
16.07 Banter Pack v9
16.08 IEP Extended Banters v2
19.02 Unfinished Business for BG2 v17
20.01 Resource Fixer v1
20.02 The Big Picture (BP) v1.77a
20.02.10 BP ToB Fix v1.77
04.06 Ascension 1.4.23 #2
20.06 PPG (DingO's) Quest Pack v2.3 #2
21.01 Solaufein NPC
21.04 Kelsey NPC SoA v2.1/ToB v2.2
21.06 Keto NPC v3
21.09 NPC Flirt Packs v1.02
21.11 PPG (DingO's) Quest Pack v2.3 #3
21.12 The Gibberlings Three Anniversary (G3) v5
22.06 Tower Of Deception v3.1
22.07 G3 BGII Tweak Pack v6 #1
22.15 Crossmod Banter Pack v7
23.04 G3 BGII Tweak Pack v6 #2
24.06 End Biff v2.1
24.07 BP-BGT-Worldmap v7.0a

I've also decided to take Mike and Kulyok's advice and run through the game once with only the Fixpack and Tweaks, so that I can learn the basic storyline, which will also allow me to fully appreciate the mod content when I come across it in my second run-through. As obsessive as I get about playing the game, it shouldn't take me very long anyway (relatively speaking)...  although my wife might end up throwing me out.  ;D

I'll be sure to re-check the mods for current versions when I start the actual install.

Thanks for your patience, Jarno. Your help is greatly appreciated!  8)

Cheers...
Steve

Offline Leomar

• Planewalker
« Reply #73 on: November 03, 2008, 10:23:20 AM »
Uups. BWP. Another forum to notify.  ;)

Greetings Leomar

Offline PrincessSuzie

• Planewalker
« Reply #74 on: April 14, 2009, 05:50:17 AM »
Just checking again.

Mod list/installation order

1. BG2: SoA & ToB
2. ToB latest patch
3. Tsujatha
4. Yasraena
5. Kelsey
6. Xan
7. Quest Pack
8. Cross Mod Banter Pack
9. Unfinished Business
10. NPC Flirt Pack

Is that correct? And if I want to install RE and Assasination, where do they fit in?

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: